Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location question

Options
  • 11-02-2021 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Normally, I see posters' username, profile picture, the text "Registered user", post count and join date on the left, beside the post.

If I post something to a thread, I'll also see Location: xx - but if I refresh the page, that disappears.

I looked through my profile settings, and couldn't find a way to change any settings related to this. So I'm asking if there is a setting to turn locations on/off or edit the location?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Forgot to say I'm posting on PC, if that makes a difference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Niamh may need to confirm this, but the Location field was disabled with the introduction of GDPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Spear wrote: »
    Niamh may need to confirm this, but the Location field was disabled with the introduction of GDPR.

Indeed. It was disabled in preparation for GDPR about two years ago.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Yes the location field was disabled at that time and is no longer available to users.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Alright, thanks. I just thought it was strange I see the location after I post - for myself, and apparently for anyone else on that page that has it set to something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement