Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this build worth €850?

Options
  • 11-02-2021 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi lads, thinking of buying this PC build and was wondering if it is worth €850. I want it to be able to play GTA V with mods and other light sim games

PC SPECS :
    Case : Cougar Panzer Max.
    CPU : Intel i7 7700k 4.2GHZ.
    CPU Fan : Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm Riing RGB Edition.
    Motherboard : ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming.
    RAM : G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB, 2 x 8Gb DDR4 3200mhz
    GPU : EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 FTW 8GB GDDR5X
    PSU : EVGA Supernova NEX 750G (750 watt 80 plus gold)
    Storage : Samsung V-NAND SSD 850 EVO 500GB (windows 10 installed )
    Operating System : Windows 10

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The processor is 4 years old and only a quad core. For that money I'd want a 6 core processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Worth? Maybe depending on if you value things like the RGB cooler.

In the current market the gpu alone would go for who knows how much (maybe even €400 or more) and the i7s always hold their value stupidly (CEX would charge you €210 for that if they had one though say 6 months ago you could have got a Ryzen 3100 for around €100 which would have been similar) so I'd say right now it's a good price for it assuming it's in good condition all working fine.

I don't know what GTA V with mods is like in terms of cpu/gpu but I'd guess that machine would chew it up pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

mattmac26 wrote: »
    Hi lads, thinking of buying this PC build and was wondering if it is worth €850. I want it to be able to play GTA V with mods and other light sim games

PC SPECS :
    Case : Cougar Panzer Max.
    CPU : Intel i7 7700k 4.2GHZ.
    CPU Fan : Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm Riing RGB Edition.
    Motherboard : ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming.
    RAM : G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB, 2 x 8Gb DDR4 3200mhz
    GPU : EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 FTW 8GB GDDR5X
    PSU : EVGA Supernova NEX 750G (750 watt 80 plus gold)
    Storage : Samsung V-NAND SSD 850 EVO 500GB (windows 10 installed )
    Operating System : Windows 10

Why would you go with Intel when AMD are best performance and safety for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mattmac26

Citrus_8 wrote: »
    Why would you go with Intel when AMD are best performance and safety for money.

This is a pre built pc I’m looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Simi

mattmac26 wrote: »
    This is a pre built pc I’m looking at.

Given the current state of the GPU market I'd say it's probably worth it. The 7700k is a bummer but it's got 8 threads so it shouldn't choke too badly for now.

It's not ideal but it's slim pickin's out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's not terrible value but the real issue is the 7700K is fairly dated and there are zero upgrade options, and of course it's 2nd hand with no warranty.

Dell sell a better balanced machine for €880 brand new. GTX1660 Super and i5-10400F.

It comes with 1x8GB, so ideally you would buy a 2nd stick of 8GB DDR4 straight away to give you 16GB in dual channel.

Personally I would prefer to buy this brand new machine for a very similar price.

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/gaming-and-games/new-g5-gaming-desktop/spd/g-series-5000-desktop/cd500001

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Decided to go on Adverts and see if I could see something for a similar price with a better processor. Hard to believe the prices I am seeing there. Value for money has gone right out the window. Even the second hand market is trash right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad1337

Decided to go on Adverts and see if I could see something for a similar price with a better processor. Hard to believe the prices I am seeing there. Value for money has gone right out the window. Even the second hand market is trash right now.

adverts is full of scalpers selling Ps5 and Graphics card for more than double the price, dont go there and expect a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Advertisement