Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID Vaccine Rollout Tool...?

Options
  • 11-02-2021 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Has anyone seen/read about this online tool?

A tool created by omnicalculator that is supposed to tell you when you'll get the covid vaccine.

I've 2 thoughts on the matter...

1) although it was created by 'mathematicians' using scientific calculators presumably. They'd have been better off employing psychics with crystal balls for all the good it'd do.

Way too many variables for the tool to be anything but PR fodder. Eg. production capacity, regulatory issues, funding issues, front-line healthcare staff availability.

2) excellent example of 'newsjacking'. i do a bit of tool creation online myself and I wish that I'd thought of it.

It got lots of press coverage in the online and offline media. So fair dues I suppose.

I tried it and it gave me a large time variance. If I remember correctly it was around a 3 month window.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Is this business-related? I’m going to close it. OP, if you want me to move it somewhere else, please Pam me.

The Gloomster!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement