Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GCN+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Hey Folks,

so I subscribed on iphone app and can view the documentaries but on the PC I get this message 'Web subscriptions are not currently available in your location. Please download the GCN app to subscribe to GCN+'.

I'm in Ireland

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

at the link in the tweet above?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

at the link in the tweet above?

Yeah that’s the one I use and get the regional message 🀷*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

siochain wrote: »
    Yeah that’s the one I use and get the regional message ��*♂️

Its working find on W10 laptop for me

Try this link and log in again

https://plus.globalcyclingnetwork.com/browse

Just watched the fuller Colnago doc. Really, really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,414 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

siochain wrote: »
    Yeah that’s the one I use and get the regional message 🀷*♂️

I think all of us in Ireland that web subscription regional message.

When I was on the web player (via Firefox browser) last night I had to click the 'log in' icon, sign in via my Google account and only then did it start showing me content. Also, if I switched between 'Race TV' and 'Films' or vice-versa, I'd have to click the 'log in' icon again and sign in with my Google account again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Great feature on Orla Walsh! Go watch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's good, but it's a bit overlong. they could easily cut a third out and lose little.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

it's good, but it's a bit overlong. they could easily cut a third out and lose little.

Yep but lockdown leaves us with so much time to kill so it fills a gap!

I have to say this; the documentaries are fan-fcukin-tastic.
    The Orla Walsh one is good in a local sense and a testament to her determination, but the ones on Colnago, Columbus and Tafi are just beautifully shot and edited. Really good viewing. I love these sort of docs.
    The GCN team have done a great job with these,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I have to say this; the documentaries are fan-fcukin-tastic.
    The Orla Walsh one is good in a local sense and a testament to her determination, but the ones on Colnago, Columbus and Tafi are just beautifully shot and edited. Really good viewing. I love these sort of docs.
    The GCN team have done a great job with these,

Agreed - and all for €20. Hard to beat for value.

• Advertisement

A mate of mine is in castleknock cycling club. He was saying Orla used to come out with them occasionally, and said when you saw her arrive, you knew it'd be a tough morning on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Do people think this is a worthy replacement of Eurosport?

I watch 90%+ on PC as I have a small PC plugged into the main TV. Do people feel the web player is ok?

Eurosport is typically fine but I was a bit disappointed with the cyclocross coverage and I've never watched anything other than cycling on it (live coverage or the highlights package the odd time). I don't find the navigation intuitive but can look past that. If they were to miss many of the one-day classics I'd be reconsidering signing up again.

(just checked my Eurosport sub and it expires on 20 July - day after the TdF finishes so I may hold off on renewing anything until 2022)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I have the first version of the app but I can’t seem to find the docs for some reason, anyone care to advise me?

Most likely right in front of me but ya know yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

dahat wrote: »
    I have the first version of the app but I can’t seem to find the docs for some reason, anyone care to advise me?

The GCN+ button down the bottom of the screen with the video camera logo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Love the Orla Walsh one. More power to her! I've no involvement in Track but it's great to see so many familiar faces in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

I had the free app, but after reading about the docs here and elsewhere, and ad free racing, I decided to throw them the €20! Last night I watched the first part of Mark Beaumont’s around the world in 80 days...... crazy stuff on the roads in Russia, looking forward to the second part this evening. As has been said here, the €20 is worth it just for the documentaries alone for the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭dahat

G1032 wrote: »
    The GCN+ button down the bottom of the screen with the video camera logo

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

dahat wrote: »

Me too. No GCN+ button? I have App V1.2?

for me, the GCN+ button is in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.

Ah it’s there now.

• Advertisement

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    the ones on Colnago, Columbus and Tafi are just beautifully shot and edited.
    heh, there was a sharp intake of breath when at the start of the columbus one, he pronounced bianchi 'biantchi'.
    i'd wondered where john canning had gotten to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

So they are unable to show Omloop plus a lot of the other races in the 'Flanders Classics' .
    This is a bit of a kicker to be honest.

koutoubia wrote: »
    So they are unable to show Omloop plus a lot of the other races in the 'Flanders Classics' .

Just saw that, no reason given. I'm sure it will come out in the wash. The usual suspects will have decent streams up I guess.

Good program on Andy Schleck. A nice guy and cool bike shop!

they know what a lot of their audience wants.

544163.jpg

koutoubia wrote: »

So the missing ones appear to be:
    27 March: Omloop het Nieuwsblad
    28 March: Gent-Wevelgem in Flanders Fields
    31 March: Dwars door Vlaanderen
    7 April: Scheldeprijs
    14 April: Brabantse Pijl
    18 April: Amstel Gold

I suspect Sam will want to give Gent-Wevelgem a good crack? so its a shame we'll have to go elsewhere and get an "other" feed - but the Tour of Flanders on 4th April IS being covered by GCN and all three are owned and controlled by Flanders Classics, so it seems odd that there is mixed coverage ??

What is also missing Amstel is an odd one yet Fleche Walloon and LBL in the following week are included in the schedule - I think all three are under control of the same organisation, aren't they?. So what is the cause....

It's honestly bizarre given the history of Eurosport covering racing going back what 30 years, at least????

It's also very late in the day to pull the plug too. You'd wonder were they thinking something silly like no spectators means more eyeballs on screens and we should ask for more money? More eye balls on screens in Belgium yes but the same as usual every where else.

Wonder were they hoping there would be interest from the likes of Amazon etc who have started showing sports on their platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭casion3

Anybody know if it will cast to a firestick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

casion3 wrote: »
    Anybody know if it will cast to a firestick

Check the other thread you asked in........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭casion3

G1032 wrote: »
    Check the other thread you asked in........

Ahhh I was wondering where the post went!
    Thought I forgot press the post button. Didn't realise there was 2 threads. Apologies to all

Advertisement