Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable laying/roadworks around Swords

Options
  • 11-02-2021 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed recently there's been a lot of roadworks around the sount end of Swords. Seems to be a lot of cable laying along the Forest road behind the airport and now they've got Stockhole lane closed for what looks like the same reason

I think I saw green or black ducting, which I think means it's telecoms cabling? ESB ducts are supposed to be red if I recall correctly

Anyone know what it's all about? Are we finally getting some decent broadband in the area?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The work on the R106 from Main St. Swords and out past the Pavilions is Irish Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

The works around Stockhole lane and the Airport is for a jet fuel line which is running all the way to Dublin Port.

The works in Swords from the Pavillions are for an upgrade to the water system for Malahide. This will run all the way to Malahide over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

PCros wrote: »
    The works around Stockhole lane and the Airport is for a jet fuel line which is running all the way to Dublin Port.

The works in Swords from the Pavillions are for an upgrade to the water system for Malahide. This will run all the way to Malahide over the next few months.

Isn't the new sewer line going across stockhole lane at some point as well?

I hope they don't mix the two up, otherwise the emissions problem from airliners will take on an entirely different meaning :D

I'm not 100% sure about the sewer line, I used to drive past that area before Covid so haven’t been up there in awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The works around Stockhole lane and the Airport is for a jet fuel line which is running all the way to Dublin Port....
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057289565

• Advertisement

Just and FYI to fellow NCD'ers they have now completely closed the R106 between the Pavilions roundabout and Mountgorry Way.

All traffic from Malahide & Kinsealy must come and go down the Drynam Road.

Suspect it will be very busy come Monday with a portion of classes heading back to school.

Just and FYI to fellow NCD'ers they have now completely closed the R106 between the Pavilions roundabout and Mountgorry Way.

All traffic from Malahide & Kinsealy must come and go down the Drynam Road.

Suspect it will be very busy come Monday with a portion of classes heading back to school.

I know I'm probably going to get some flak for this, but I really wish they'd close off one of the entrances to the roundabout and traffic light the other

Or maybe traffic light both

Or redevelop the whole junctions, it's a mess already. You can't fix stupid

The whole 5 exit, half lit roundabout is a disater, so many near misses every day

Already in the very early stages of doing so.

There is a thread on it here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058133099

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

There's roadworks all over the shop now, you can't access main street from Brackenstown road, you can't take the cut through pass the Old Schoolhouse and the Church, you can't take the left onto the Malahide road, really making a mess of things, you'd think they could time it so they are not all simultaneous.

VmFupeS.png

Inquitus wrote: »
    There's roadworks all over the shop now, you can't access main street from Brackenstown road, you can't take the cut through pass the Old Schoolhouse and the Church, you can't take the left onto the Malahide road, really making a mess of things, you'd think they could time it so they are not all simultaneous.

VmFupeS.png

I guess they're taking advantage of the lockdown reducing traffic somewhat

Also I'm guessing there's a bunch of construction companies out of work at the moment so the councils are likely doing a load of work to prop up the building trade

• Advertisement
Advertisement