Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best SIM only plan for a teenager

• 11-02-2021 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi
    So much out there - can anyone advise on the best SIM only plan for a teenager? Experience of networks etc?
    Thanks
    Maura

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Best price for now is Virgin €5 per month. There'll be a lot of varied feedback of each network and a lot can depend on location. Im on the Virgin offer. Find it grand. Not had any issues. For €30 for 6 months can't really go wrong.
    https://switcher.ie/mobiles/guides/sim-only/compare-sim-only-bill-pay-deals/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

GBX wrote: »
    Best price for now is Virgin €5 per month. There'll be a lot of varied feedback of each network and a lot can depend on location. Im on the Virgin offer. Find it grand. Not had any issues. For €30 for 6 months can't really go wrong.
    https://switcher.ie/mobiles/guides/sim-only/compare-sim-only-bill-pay-deals/

But its 25 a month after 6 months...

Cheapest is 48 or Gomo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Pacifico wrote: »
    But its 25 a month after 6 months...

Yep. Its sim only so can change to whichever after the 6 months. for 6 months works out at €30. Best value.

Beyond special offers, 48.

Unlimited calls, texts and 100gb power month for tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Depends on your location (signal) and WiFi access at home.
    Good 3 signal, get 48
    Good eir signal, get gomo
    Good Vodafone signal, get post mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭ratracer

I got Gomo for my son on the initial €9.99/month offer. I think it’s €12/month now but it’s been faultless for us for the last 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

mauraf wrote: »
    Hi
    So much out there - can anyone advise on the best SIM only plan for a teenager? Experience of networks etc?
    Thanks
    Maura

If your broadband is with Eir, you can add additional SIM-only users for €9.99 per month - even better value than GoMo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭sully123

Been with gomo from the start. Very happy.

But must ask...
    I don't get the suitable for a teenager part.
    I know some of these providers are marketed at a youth market, but coverage issues aside, don't they all do the same thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Tesco free calls texts to any network and 15 gig of data for 15 euro.

Tesco free calls texts to any network and 15 gig of data for 15 euro.

Sounds pretty bad. A euro per gig
    sully123 wrote: »
    Been with gomo from the start. Very happy.

But must ask...
    I don't get the suitable for a teenager part.
    I know some of these providers are marketed at a youth market, but coverage issues aside, don't they all do the same thing?

I dont think it really does but I guess the idea is that young people use more data and less call / text compared to older folk

• Advertisement
Advertisement