Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Confused about what exactly? Customs is due on imports over a certain value from outside the EU. The UK has left the EU. If you don't want to pay customs buy from the EU sites.

I am confused about 150€ limit (possibly like a lot of other people). Where does that figure come from exactly?

If I order to 150€ is it just VAT?

Then over 150€ is VAT plus what charge?

What is the customs charges and what do they entail?

Is there a problem also with someone having a genuine question about what charges are entailed ordering a product into the state or something, the 'sure just order from inside the EU'. Oh really, the UK has left the EU, I never noticed that one!

Never said I did not want to pay it, rather know what it is I am paying and how its applied, bizarre there is such an issue with a legitimate question.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    I am confused about 150€ limit (possibly like a lot of other people). Where does that figure come from exactly?

If I order to 150€ is it just VAT?

Then over 150€ is VAT plus what charge?

What is the customs charges and what do they entail?

Is there a problem also with someone having a genuine question about what charges are entailed ordering a product into the state or something, the 'sure just order from inside the EU'. Oh really, the UK has left the EU, I never noticed that one!

Never said I did not want to pay it, rather know what it is I am paying and how its applied, bizarre there is such an issue with a legitimate question.
    Lots of threads here about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

a legitimate question.

that's been answered 500 times.

muffler wrote: »
    Lots of threads here about it.

Thanks. I had assumed it was just the normal Irish VAT added after the 1st, I wasn't aware of custom charge on items over 150€, what rate or charges are included on them items. Again genuine question, as it's the first I heard! Had assumed it was just VAT been applied on the first. I'll have a read.

that's been answered 500 times.

Yes, correct. I had again thought it was just mainly Irish VAT been applied. Never seen anything about 150€?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Yes, correct. I had again thought it was just mainly Irish VAT been applied. Never seen anything about 150€?

Not being funny, but have you ever looked up anything about importing goods from outside the EU? It's the same across the board, not just for Amazon.

Not being funny, but have you ever looked up anything about importing goods from outside the EU? It's the same across the board, not just for Amazon.

I think maybe one item from the US, but it was a low value book. I had a browse on the thread, no idea how I had not noticed all the chat about it. Anyway good to know, I don't buy in anything special so like that other poster mentioned, I will just stick to the EU when ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

I will just stick to the EU when ordering.

UK sellers that deduct UK VAT (which is most of Amazon UK) are fine too, provided the item is under €150 - import costs for us are exactly the same as pre-Brexit (Amazon UK were already charging us Irish VAT). Even above €150, some goods are exempt from customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭bromley52

MugsGame wrote: »
    UK sellers that deduct UK VAT (which is most of Amazon UK) are fine too, provided the item is under €150 - import costs for us are exactly the same as pre-Brexit (Amazon UK were already charging us Irish VAT). Even above €150, some goods are exempt from customs.

B.t.w €150 includes handling and shipping charges where applicable.
    An Post have an agreement with Amazon that Amazon will handle all fees for items delivered below €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Need to order something using addresspal, will I be charged customs if items are over €22 excluding postage, or is postage cost to addresspal included in value. ( not ordering off Amazon just figured I’d get an answer quicker here as I’m trying to bring it in before the 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Addresspal will work out expensive. Because its delivered to a UK address you pay UK vat. Because you then import it you have to pay Irish vat plus whatever fees an Post charge.

timple23 wrote: »
    Need to order something using addresspal, will I be charged customs if items are over €22 excluding postage, or is postage cost to addresspal included in value. ( not ordering off Amazon just figured I’d get an answer quicker here as I’m trying to bring it in before the 1st.

The item cost, the postage to AddressPal and the €6.50 AddressPal fee together need to be below €22.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

The €22 value limit is only relevant to items imported into Ireland before 1st July, which I wouldn't rely on AddressPal being able to manage at this stage (in my experience they were never as efficient as Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard).

(Amazon have not invoiced me IE VAT for some low value S&S items they plan to deliver in July, I'm curious if they will charge me later, or swallow it).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone else finding that Amazons customer service has gone to sh*t lately. I am onto them here because I have 3 orders from early June that have not been dispatched despite the items all being in stock. I am on chat for 10mins now and iv been bounced around from associate to associate. One fella told me that my payment was declined which is just false as I paid on revolut and can see the transaction go through. Another fella then told me that the order didnt go through because I paid with an empty gift card, which again is not true because you can see the credit come off the order in the invoice and charge me accordingly.

Its an absolute joke! Amazon has always been excellent with customer service but all of a sudden it just seems to have taken a massive nosedive. I understand the VAT issues are beyond the knowledge of your average CS rep but like basic stuff such as asking why my order hasnt dispatched has now become a massive ordeal. Its ridiculous

Hogzy wrote: »
    Anyone else finding that Amazons customer service has gone to sh*t lately. I am onto them here because I have 3 orders from early June that have not been dispatched despite the items all being in stock. I am on chat for 10mins now and iv been bounced around from associate to associate. One fella told me that my payment was declined which is just false as I paid on revolut and can see the transaction go through. Another fella then told me that the order didnt go through because I paid with an empty gift card, which again is not true because you can see the credit come off the order in the invoice and charge me accordingly.

Its an absolute joke! Amazon has always been excellent with customer service but all of a sudden it just seems to have taken a massive nosedive. I understand the VAT issues are beyond the knowledge of your average CS rep but like basic stuff such as asking why my order hasnt dispatched has now become a massive ordeal. Its ridiculous

Yes I've noticed this too. They used to be exemplary and quick to apologize and compensate you for issues. Now they're anywhere from clueless to downright rude.

The Teckin smart plugs seem to be an unlimited voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I bought them last week and only one arrived, just loose in the box with no protective packaging. Wasn't impressed, sent it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Any one else buy the Eufy doorbell on prime day? Did you get refund for the incorrect charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

they are a proper bargain, I have tons of them from Teckin and they work really well.

Marhay70 wrote:
    I bought them last week and only one arrived, just loose in the box with no protective packaging. Wasn't impressed, sent it back.

I bought some from Amazon warehouse on prime day. Outside packaging had sellotape and stuff worn off but both plugs were nestled inside in their slots and connected up perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Seems to be gone now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I bought some from Amazon warehouse on prime day. Outside packaging had sellotape and stuff worn off but both plugs were nestled inside in their slots and connected up perfectly.

Unlucky I guess. I just remembered I haven't claimed for the postage yet, another refund to look forward to.:)

blastman wrote: »
    Seems to be gone now....

A lot of the deals on here seem to go quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭CH3OH

My shaving gel has been cancelled by Amazon even though it is still in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

CH3OH wrote: »
    My shaving gel has been cancelled by Amazon even though it is still in stock

Mine too. it's actually gone from my items on order listing as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

muffler wrote: »
    Re: 96 bottles hand sanitizer. Amazon have been telling people it wouldn't be available until 2 August which is a lie as the seller, Peppy, has already told me by email that they have stock. Im just after checking the product on Amazon and I see the date has now been pushed out to 21 August.

Yesterday I spent over an hour on this order and 2 alchol wipe orders with an agent who cut me off with no survey, I went straight back in and got a good agent who escalated all 3 orders heres todays verdict:

As per yesterdays conversation I promised to get in touch with feedback and can see responses were mailed directly to you.
    All 3 orders were cancelled due to the order containing a product flagged as "flammable hazmat" which we can not ship to the customers location.
    The Seller had to cancel and is very sorry about this.

i apologise profusely for any inconvenience.
    I sincerely hope this information helps

Stay safe and keep well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

ErGear Dual Monitor Stand for 13"- 32"/12KG Screen Solid Tempered Glass Base VESA Plate Slide Design for Monitors Align Dual Monitor Arm Tilt ±45° Swivel ± 35° Rotation 360° VESA 75/100mm

14.99£

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ErGear-Monitor-Tempered-Monitors-Rotation-Black-dp-B08LL1MYPW/dp/B08LL1MYPW/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Just a quick comment on this one. I've set a few of this style of monitor stand up. There are loads of different brands that have essentially the same mounting system. They are great value but imo they start to struggle with anything much bigger than about 24 inch monitors.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

paska wrote: »
    Mine too. it's actually gone from my items on order listing as well..

Same. Cant find my order invoice either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

drogon. wrote: »
    Breville Deep Fill Sandwich Toaster and Toastie Maker with Removable Plates, Non-Stick, Stainless Steel [VST041]

Checking out at £16.62

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KM15VWY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

I have one of these and no use. A standard sliced loaf bread doesn't fit the plate size, which means the sides are not edged. Not sure what mega sized bread is meant to go into these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Same. Cant find my order invoice either.

Check under Cancelled Orders

Advertisement