Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

Guys anyone have to pay a Ups charge for a delivery ' if so were exactly is it paid thanks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

faolteam wrote: »
    Guys anyone have to pay a Ups charge for a delivery ' if so were exactly is it paid thanks ?

Had one from DPD last week. Got an email, link to a payment page, paid by PayPal (could have payed by card) and they delivered 3 days later. Can't imagine UPS would be much different.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

Just be extra careful good opportune time for text scams....

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/delivery-scam-gardai-issue-alert-23031261

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Offer is over.

I got one emailed this morning (Thursday) offering me £10 off £25.
    So managed a keyboard priced at £27.47 for €20.81 delivered! Even though the £10 voucher reduced the total to under £25, I still got free postage. Placed the order a few minutes ago so that's not over.

Since it was "invitation only" I guess there's no point putting up the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Pique wrote: »
    You can use it for AppleTV?

Yup. The play store on it has most of the apps anyway, and anything it doesn't (eg: Irish RadioPlayer) you can sideload anyway in most cases.

One of the main reasons why I bought it was also the level of customisation of the interface that's possible having gotten sick of the massively wasted space on the firestick screens with ads for stuff I've no interest in or won't be paying for.

Nvidia recently pushed an update though that does much the same now, but you can simply uninstall it and disable auto updates in the play store to revert back to the previous version.

You can run a Plex server from it too (although I have a dedicated DELL server for that) but even the Plex client will run far better than the native app on my LG TV which refused to play some files that run perfectly on the Shield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

No fees for order delivered today that i bought last week without vat.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

loki7777 wrote: »
    No fees for order delivered today that i bought last week without vat.

When did the package enter the country?

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    I got one emailed this morning (Thursday) offering me £10 off £25.
    So managed a keyboard priced at £27.47 for €20.81 delivered! Even though the £10 voucher reduced the total to under £25, I still got free postage. Placed the order a few minutes ago so that's not over.

Since it was "invitation only" I guess there's no point putting up the link.

It wasn't invitational only, I didn't get the email but the link worked for me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

mine entered the country last night, delivered today. no issue. They're obviously giving leeway for a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I don't know about the rest of you, but the refund process has definitely gone to pot recently. Used to be I could bring a return to the post office, and my Amazon app would notify me of refunds being applied to the account by the time I was leaving.

The two items ive had to return this year, I had to chase the first one up for the refund (smart watch) a few weeks after I had sent it, and I sent back a place mat and coaster set on the 16th of June that nothing seems to have been done with yet either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I would guess that anything ordered before July with Amazon will be ok. They were on the ball with the change and while technically there could be VAT owed, the pre-VAT orders should be mostly delivered by next week. A clip on RTE the other day of An Post sorting centre and the majority of items were Amazon packages. I think there will be some leeway there.

This is my opinion so don't ring up Revenue and say "But Wheety from the Internet said..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

When did the package enter the country?

Yesterday around 11AM.

BBC Radio 4 You and Yours program, just said they have a article about Amazon reviews and paying for bad ones to be removed.

I'll post a link to the podcast if I can find it.

BBC Radio 4 live https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_fourfm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Had one from DPD last week. Got an email, link to a payment page, paid by PayPal (could have payed by card) and they delivered 3 days later. Can't imagine UPS would be much different.
    Cash at the door, driver calls you before hand. I kid you not. They can't take card. At least that's what I had to do for a purchase from the US earlier this year.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

loki7777 wrote: »
    Yesterday around 11AM.

Great, hopefully they will let the Amazon packages off.

BBC Radio 4 You and Yours program, just said they have a article about Amazon reviews and paying for bad ones to be removed.

I'll post a link to the podcast if I can find it.

BBC Radio 4 live https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_fourfm

I bought a watch for 15 quid 2 months ago. Card in the box offering 15 quid voucher is you give a 5 star review. In fairness it did exactly what I expected so happy to give it 5 stars. They then offered to give me more if I reported another review (one star). I declined and got my 15 voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Cash at the door, driver calls you before hand. I kid you not. They can't take card. At least that's what I had to do for a purchase from the US earlier this year.

Same as. I bought a pair of headphones for my daughter last year from the US. UPS guy called to the door and asked for the fees in cash as that's all they could accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

Just a reminder - it wont matter when it arrives
    TMC99 wrote: »
    In the case of Amazon, as they will be part of IOSS it won't matter when it arrives, they will simply charge VAT at point of sale from 1st July and settle with Revenue. In the case of other market places that do not register for IOSS (Chinese for example) VAT will be charged at point of import depending on arrival/import date into Ireland.

TheDriver wrote: »
    I bought a watch for 15 quid 2 months ago. Card in the box offering 15 quid voucher is you give a 5 star review. In fairness it did exactly what I expected so happy to give it 5 stars. They then offered to give me more if I reported another review (one star). I declined and got my 15 voucher.

The item on BBC 4 included a bit where one company offered a guy £15 to remove a bad review on Amazon, then the following day £20 all the way up to £50 :eek:

Mine was delivered i May it was a Faulty item they sent a warranty replacement seems this crowd only open 9-12 on phone

• Advertisement

Same as. I bought a pair of headphones for my daughter last year from the US. UPS guy called to the door and asked for the fees in cash as that's all they could accept.

thay didnt even ask me for fees just left parcel a letter came last week

The item on BBC 4 included a bit where one company offered a guy £15 to remove a bad review on Amazon, then the following day £20 all the way up to £50 :eek:

at least it's not fake reviews. but still shady

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

Bought a mini projector for about 50 quid and got a message about picking a gift for a good review. The item was what was expected and I left a good review. One of the gift options was a new firestick, so I requested one and they told me it was put of stock. So they sent me a second projector. Lol. Needed up a Xmas gift to the Bro in Law.

faolteam wrote: »
    thay didnt even ask me for fees just left parcel a letter came last week

Had 3 items delivered to at with no charge from the amazon driver.
    Ive one item from An Post and I'm expecting it tomorrow. Got a text message saying it will be delivered in the next 3 days but normally arrives the next day. So hoping no extra charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Lads i bought a wetsuit, Approx €100 , Amazon took away the ENG VAT and Added Ire VAT.... Will i have import dutys to pay? And if i dont pay them will it be sent back to Amazon for me?

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Lads i bought a wetsuit, Approx €100 , Amazon took away the ENG VAT and Added Ire VAT.... Will i have import dutys to pay? And if i dont pay them will it be sent back to Amazon for me?

NO

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭andydurnin

Sup08 wrote: »
    Bought a mini projector for about 50 quid and got a message about picking a gift for a good review. The item was what was expected and I left a good review. One of the gift options was a new firestick, so I requested one and they told me it was put of stock. So they sent me a second projector. Lol. Needed up a Xmas gift to the Bro in Law.

Have you a link to the projector?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭bromley52

Sup08 wrote: »

That tells you how much the projectors are actually worth.
    If you ever get a chance you should visit the fake market in Shanghai it would open your eyes to the real cost of things.

andydurnin wrote: »
    Have you a link to the projector?

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N39NDDB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_KX9A0ZG9MF3Q20C3Q6KV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Looked back at the order and I paid 69 stg for it.

• Advertisement

bromley52 wrote: »
    That tells you how much the projectors are actually worth.
    If you ever get a chance you should visit the fake market in Shanghai it would open your eyes to the real cost of things.

Very true but does the job for kids movie nights a treat.

Advertisement