Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Anyone else having withdrawal symptoms!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

ando wrote: »

Indeed can the gov/Amazon give us one day a year vat free for ol times sake ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

ando wrote: »

Did you go for this offer?

Phibsboro wrote: »
    40 Durex condoms, surprise pack! £14.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Durex-Condoms-Surprise-Variety-Multipack/dp/B00JFQWIO6

Also, note that the mods are deleting price corrections as being off topic so you need to google these "bargains" before you buy! (My reply to CX 400BT earphones with a cheaper vendor, in Ireland, was deleted).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Re: the stainless steel mixing bowls, seems to be the 5l version that's that price but when you add to basket it's the 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Did you go for this offer?

Some of the reviews for them are bloody hilarious. :D
    I managed to squeeze into these so most buyer should be fine, but be warned there is only one weeks supply in the pack.

And
    Very good make your breath smell lovely, sometimes I'd put two on at once just to get the variety. Mixed fruit flavour effect. Easy to fling at people once used as a slingshot effect which makes good for a cowboy v Indians game for everybody involved.

Caught my eye immediately. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

McMurphy wrote: »
    Some of the reviews for them are bloody hilarious. :D

And

Caught my eye immediately. :D

This one is great..
    Good job there’s 40 in a pack, wife keeps one in her purse but keeps losing it on her work nights out.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,924 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

DISCOUNT10P not working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

That code is not working for me for a purchase sold/dispatched by Amazon UK presuming I'm too late

"The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Quazzie wrote: »
    DISCOUNT10P not working for me

Works fine. Just used it on 2 accounts.
    The trick for me was to pick something that was well over the £25 threshold.
    Selecting multiple items to add to £25 didn't pan out.
    All items were sold by amazon and not 3rd party vendors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Works fine. Just used it on 2 accounts.
    The trick for me was to pick something that was well over the £25 threshold.
    Selecting multiple items to add to £25 didn't pan out.
    All items were sold by amazon and not 3rd party vendors.

No luck for me, tried the code with a wide range of stuff sold by Amazon with prices from £25 - £85.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Code not working for me either.

Tried on another account and it's there but I didn't go through with it.
    Doesn't work on my newly created account.

Tried on another account and it's there but I didn't go through with it.
    Doesn't work on my newly created account.

Doesn't work on a 22 year old account :mad:

But at this stage I've tried so many options I wouldn't be surprised if I'd "worn it out".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'd say it's one of those you only get offered it if you haven't had a similar offer recently, or haven't bought a gift voucher recently or something. Nothing in on my main account, but got the email in this morning for a second non-prime account that rarely gets used.

After continuing with my totally indiscriminate use of DISCOUNT10P I finally found it would work but there was a catch. I had a 4GB external HDD in my basket and accidentally added the 3 year insurance cover for it. When I applied DISCOUNT10P it worked but then I was told the 3 year insurance cover couldn't be delivered to my address. When I removed the insurance cover (which I didn't want anyway) the discount vanished and didn't work for the drive alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

I have just ordered something for £135/€160 (approx) I have paid Irish VAT on it.

Will I have to pay more in customs and duty when it arrives some day next week?

It's a piece of furniture, a chair in case that makes a difference.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Morby wrote: »
    I have just ordered something for £135/€160 (approx) I have paid Irish VAT on it.

€150 is the threshold, so hard to say. Did the transaction have import fees deposit, or VAT?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

If you bought on Amazon and are getting delivered to your address in Ireland, all the charges and import duties should be included at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Thanks for that guys.

This is my invoice. Doesn't list import fees, just Irish VAT.

Order Summary
    Items:

£109.59

Postage & Packing:

£0.00

Total before VAT:

£109.59

VAT:

£25.21

Total:

£134.80

Order Total:
    £134.80

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭bromley52

An Post have an agreement with Amazon that An Post will look after import fees for anything over €150 (including handling and shipping)

• Advertisement

bromley52 wrote: »
    An Post have an agreement with Amazon that An Post will look after import fees for anything over €150 (including handling and shipping)

Presumably only for goods delivered by An Post surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Villa05

Code is by invite only
    Applies to items sold by Amazon not third parties
    And applies to first 5k orders, not sure if that's per day or duration of the offer

Note my offer came by push notification by the app not by email

Thanks for that guys.

Order Summary
    Items:

£109.59

Postage & Packing:

£0.00

Total before VAT:

£109.59

VAT:

£25.21

Total:

£134.80

Order Total:
    £134.80

Is the item dispatched by Amazon? Otherwise check out price is normally all inclusive regardless of carrier for delivery, as long as it's not dispatched by a third party.

Amazon UK are set up for electronic processing of tax and duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

Hi all, did anyone get the hand sanitizer delivered from amazon. Amazon cancelled my order stating that the seller initiated the cancellation. After contacting the seller it became quite obvious that Amazon have not been very transparent in their handling of this issue. I had multiple chat and phone conversations with amazon prior to cancellation. After the order was cancelled their support service mysteriously keeps getting cut off.....

Cheers, freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Stock didn't exist. Seller obviously couldn't fufill the amount of orders that happened. Was massive on hukd so not surprised.

freebee23 wrote: »
    Hi all, did anyone get the hand sanitizer delivered from amazon. Amazon cancelled my order stating that the seller initiated the cancellation. After contacting the seller it became quite obvious that Amazon have not been very transparent in their handling of this issue. I had multiple chat and phone conversations with amazon prior to cancellation. After the order was cancelled their support service mysteriously keeps getting cut off.....

Cheers, freebee23

Got an email saying the order is still trying to be fulfilled but that I can cancel it...

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

RossieMan wrote: »
    Stock didn't exist. Seller obviously couldn't fufill the amount of orders that happened. Was massive on hukd so not surprised.
    Not correct. I was in touch with the seller and they have stock. Amazon have been telling lies all along about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Thanks for that guys.

Order Summary
    Items:

£109.59

Postage & Packing:

£0.00

Total before VAT:

£109.59

VAT:

£25.21

Total:

£134.80

Order Total:
    £134.80

I notice Amazon.COM orders are not showing Import Fess anymore - Simpy Estimated VAT - This leaves the potential of extra charges as prior to this Amazon.com price you paid was never to going to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

muffler wrote: »
    Not correct. I was in touch with the seller and they have stock. Amazon have been telling lies all along about this.

Amazon doesn't care about a mickey mouse order for sanitizer. Why are you even bothering to follow up? Total waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Hi all, know this isn't a bargains wanted thread, but anyone see a 4 or 5 pack of network cables for cheap? :D

Advertisement