Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

Yeah they reduce to £10 for me (which would be a correct reduction for something that's £12 with UK VAT)

Sorry yes £10, I think it's reducing to £9 for me as I get a further discount with Student Prime. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

damn ordered two items yesterday and they are being sent together , will bring package to over 22, should i cancel now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

gussieg wrote: »
    damn ordered two items yesterday and they are being sent together , will bring package to over 22, should i cancel now?

Did you order them together or separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭Basq

gussieg wrote: »
    Doesn't make a difference if they're being sent together and are over €22..

.. I've done it numerous times in the past 2 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,034 ✭✭✭✭muffler

When does the zero rate VAT end for prime orders to here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Reminder - IRE VAT rate on goods increases from 21% to 23% today.

My wife ordered 6 jars of coffee from Amazon over the weekend but the VAT didnt reduce. She did get 10% off with S&S but Im puzzled about the VAT.

Would it be a case that coffee has zero rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭loopymum

muffler wrote: »
    My wife ordered 6 jars of coffee from Amazon over the weekend but the VAT didnt reduce. She did get 10% off with S&S but Im puzzled about the VAT.

No Irish vat on irish groceries

Yes. Coffee is VAT exempt in both countries.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks, that explains it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Would anyone know what date the 7e credit for downloading photos expires?

My email says March 15th.

PaddyCar wrote: »
    Would anyone know what date the 7e credit for downloading photos expires?
    My email indicates:
    This credit will expire at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on March 15, 2021.

Biggest pain in the ass is attempting to find something that you can use it on.. i.e "sold by Amazon", not just "sold by Marketplace Seller, Fulfilled by Amazon".

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭go4it

Basq wrote: »
    Biggest pain in the ass is attempting to find something that you can use it on.. i.e "sold by Amazon", not just "sold by Marketplace Seller, Fulfilled by Amazon".

go for some amazon own brand phone charging cables and such. filter products by amazon own brand

on a previous deal months ago, i went for some amazon metal wire shelfs , pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

That Nivea shower gel in the bargains thread won't add to my basket when I click. Anyone else?

Edit: Shows as "currently unavailable" now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the women's nivea gel is still available if you don't mind smelling like a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Sappy404 wrote: »
    That Nivea shower gel in the bargains thread won't add to my basket when I click. Anyone else?

Edit: Shows as "currently unavailable" now.

I can still order it. Have you prime ?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I had no problem placing two separate orders a few mins ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

brightkane wrote: »
    I can still order it. Have you prime ?

Yup. Still shows unavailable.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Yup. Still shows unavailable.

showing unavailable for me now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Reminder - IRE VAT rate on goods increases from 21% to 23% today.

What? Thought they were going against austerity this time?

When I click on the shower gel link posted by caranica its showing up as unavailable. However I ordered these at the weekend with S&S and got delivery this morning and when I clicked through to cancel the S&S and proceeded to the product its still showing as available with the price now £2.40. I refreshed the page several times but still showing as available.

So I have 2 tabs open - one says its available and the other says it's not. Very strange.

When I click on the shower gel link posted by caranica its showing up as unavailable. However I ordered these at the weekend with S&S and got delivery this morning and when I clicked through to cancel the S&S and proceeded to the product its still showing as available with the price now £2.40. I refreshed the page several times but still showing as available.

So I have 2 tabs open - one says its available and the other says it's not. Very strange.

Does one have 6 of them and its unavailable, and the other has a single unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Yes, that's what I saw too. My six are out for delivery today.

Your eyesight is better than mine :o

never noticed the difference until you mentioned it.

As above my second lot were shipped out earlier today within 2 hours of ordering them. The first lot arrived this morning but I dont know what sort of reaction Im going to get from my wife when the next 6 arrive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Ordered the 6 books that were £1 for world book Day, they'd all be free if we had a world book Day coupon

Scroungers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ordered the 6 books that were £1 for world book Day, they'd all be free if we had a world book Day coupon

Scroungers

Yep, got 2 of mine today, i know it was only a quid but pretty disappointed in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Scroungers

Tokens can be printed from here

https://www.worldbookday.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/booktoken_PrimaryROI.pdf

https://www.worldbookday.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/booktoken_SecondaryROI.pdf

Advertisement