Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

So just an update on S&S and how multiple items are charged.

I had 5 items ordered to get the max discount of 15%. All items due 8th March. I mixed and matched to try and keep it under the 22 euro for Irish Vat. Anyway, I think the price was around 20.80 stg for all 5 items and today got charged by Amazon.

They billed me for each items separately which means no Irish Vat. Each item was treated as a separate order, Happy days.

Does this mean that each item can be up to 22 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,034 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Did the £20.80 include vat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

muffler wrote: »

Interesting, probably mentioned here already, No VAT on Amazon UK,

A Brexit bonus for consumers here?

Bought a memory stick this morning from them, much less than half the price listed on curries.ie.

Rip off republic alive and well it seems.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

No vat. As each item was under the 22 threshold.

Sup08 wrote: »
    No vat. As each item was under the 22 threshold.
    I'm referring to the original sterling price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

So just an update on S&S and how multiple items are charged.

I had 5 items ordered to get the max discount of 15%. All items due 8th March. I mixed and matched to try and keep it under the 22 euro for Irish Vat. Anyway, I think the price was around 20.80 stg for all 5 items and today got charged by Amazon.

They billed me for each items separately which means no Irish Vat. Each item was treated as a separate order, Happy days.

Does this mean that each item can be up to 22 euro?

My 5 subscriptions for last month came to £46 in total, with each individual subscription item being less than the €22/£19.95 limit. Each of the subscriptions was charged separately, and each was shipped separately.

I'm referring to the original sterling price.

So am I. No vat means exactly that.

Did you read my post?

So am I. No vat means exactly that.

Did you read my post?
    You're missing my point. When you shop on Amazon most items include UK vat to begin with and obviously that vat is then removed but not until you actually add the items to your basket.

Yes I read your post and it was unclear if the figure of £20.80 included UK vat or not. You asked a question which I was trying to answer and now you're getting the hump.

Thats me. Over and out on this one.

You're missing my point. When you shop on Amazon most items include UK vat to begin with and obviously that vat is then removed but not until you actually add the items to your basket.

Yes I read your post and it was unclear if the figure of £20.80 included UK vat or not. You asked a question which I was trying to answer and now you're getting the hump.

Thats me. Over and out on this one.

Exluding all vat to be clear. Miss understood you as well. No hump!! ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Would love to put together a list of S&S household essentials to stock up on before July.

So far in the bargains thread we've had:
    Andrex roilet roll
    Nivea shower gel for men
    Nivea shower gel for women
    Roll on deodorant
    Mouthwash
    Toothpaste

Someone also mentioned on a thread that kitchen roll is periodically discounted.

Anything else? Would it be worthy of its own thread?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Caranica wrote: »
    Would love to put together a list of S&S household essentials to stock up on before July.

So far in the bargains thread we've had:
    Andrex roilet roll
    Nivea shower gel for men
    Nivea shower gel for women
    Roll on deodorant
    Mouthwash
    Toothpaste

Someone also mentioned on a thread that kitchen roll is periodically discounted.

Anything else? Would it be worthy of its own thread?

Regina and Plenty kitchen roll have been discounted at times. I have a load of them under my stairs. I've also bought shampoo, compost bags and all purpose cloths. I think I've seen conditioner on special as well but haven't bought any.

Ive purchased on S&S

Detangling hair spray
    Carex 3x1ltr hand soap
    Compost bags
    Razor blades (venus and Wilkinson Sword Xtreme 3 Sensitive)
    Kids shampoo and conditioners (child's farm)
    Nivea shower gel

I had some of these set up before brexit but getting cheaper than ever now.
    Bought some one offs too which are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Where are people getting the coupons for the shower get mentioned in the no chat thread.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Where are people getting the coupons for the shower get mentioned in the no chat thread.

This is the one I purchased

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086TQ9ND4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_XSKS5SMT9W5GPZTYVF3A?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Thanks Sup08

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Amazon Echo Show 5 + Blink Mini Camera
    £54.99
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Blink-Camera-Works-Alexa/dp/B087PZHJ63/

Echo Show is £39.99 and Blink Mini is £34.99 when bought separately so camera is £15 when bundled.

Ordered this bundle on the back of this comment. Echo Show was delivered today, it's great to see Amazon order speed back up to pre-Brexit speeds. Camera will be delivered tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Am I right in thinking that the cloud storage of Blink cameras is now subscription based?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

dulpit wrote: »
    Ordered this bundle on the back of this comment. Echo Show was delivered today, it's great to see Amazon order speed back up to pre-Brexit speeds. Camera will be delivered tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Blink-Camera-Works-Alexa/dp/B087PZHJ63/

Showing as £67 for me, am I missing something or has the offer expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djo789

@fergiesfolly Unfortunately it seems to have changed.
    Blink Accounts that were created before April 15, 2020 continue to have their original basic cloud storage, but some newer features are only supported with a subscription. Free trial subscriptions receive all of the available features of the Blink Plus Plan.

https://support.blinkforhome.com/before-you-begin/blink-storage-options

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Am I right in saying that live access is free though? (i.e. without storage)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

There a link for replacement electric toothbrush Heads on the no chat thread .... this is the description on Amazon

Ingredients
    Pineapple
    Directions
    Cut of outer skin to reveal ediable flesh

Seems like good value all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

There a link for replacement electric toothbrush Heads on the no chat thread .... this is the description on Amazon

Ingredients
    Pineapple
    Directions
    Cut of outer skin to reveal ediable flesh

Seems like good value all the same
    Legal Disclaimer
    any problems message me

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyoelse finding that when they add this item to their cart it’s adding the full price first then taking off the discount at the end meaning the VAT isn’t taken off the item then

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116483943&postcount=293

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Anyoelse finding that when they add this item to their cart it’s adding the full price first then taking off the discount at the end means that VAT isn’t taken off the item

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116483943&postcount=293

Lightning deals were allways stiff with VAT. What you see is what you pay - regardless if you're charged higher 23% VAT or no VAT at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

roro1990 wrote: »
    Contactless Infrared Digital Thermometer - £16.99 (Was £44.99) This a lightning deal.

9iWMg96.jpg

From the no chats thread. If you check out the reviews there are quite a few where the reviewer has never reviewed another product making the reviews somewhat suspect. Was going to buy but that put me off.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Chawosfski

From the no chats thread. If you check out the reviews there are quite a few where the reviewer has never reviewed another product making the reviews somewhat suspect. Was going to buy but that put me off.

I got one before the covid started

I see the dentist yesterday jamming it into my head

I think you're suppose to hold it 30cm away?

Chawosfski wrote: »

It's contactless - but 30cm is a bit too far.

Chawosfski wrote: »

I know how to use it but I won't buy products where I think the seller is manipulating Amazons feedback system. Nothing I can prove but looks that way to me.

I know how to use it but I won't buy products where I think the seller is manipulating Amazons feedback system. Nothing I can prove but looks that way to me.

Use reviewmeta to screen the reviews:

https://reviewmeta.com/amazon-uk/B08HZ58NCW

• Advertisement

grogi wrote: »
    Use reviewmeta to screen the reviews:

https://reviewmeta.com/amazon-uk/B08HZ58NCW

I've actually uncovered a few scams and (eventually) got them sorted even been threatened with violence as a result. So think I can spot shill reviews better than a computer algorithm.

If you check with fakespot their chrome add in derates it to three stars and a full analysis knocks a star off to 3.5 stars.

I'm not saying its a bad product or not a good deal just that I get so p!ssed off with fake reviews that I avoid buying from companies that I think are manipulating the system.

Advertisement