Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I’m not far outside a big town and it’s an post they deliver to me. Amazon deliver in the town itself. I suspect they might keep that model as it probably would work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Typo on my part. I meant to say power banks, which we can't currently get. I've gotten regular Amazon branded AA and AAA batteries before, although it took a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Not only is my stuff coming via An Post, it's coming from the UK.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Our Prime expires 20/10, can't see how i am buy a years membership at the current lower rate (and get a refund for the amount paid last year pro rata)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,021 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im open to correction but I think Amazon would refund the monthly charge for the Sept 21 - Oct 20 period if you were to cancel. They would most likely refund a pro rata rate from the date you cancel. From reading other posts it seems that you can still get the next years membership for the old rate of £79 if you cancel before Sept 15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Just ordered something for Delivery tomorrow to a semi rural location in the midlands ! Will update later when I see who is delivering - I expect AnPost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Ordered something last night at about 7:30. Just been delivered (by Amazon driver).

Pretty nifty

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Same, tis good. Annoyed with the amount that we still can't order from them though. Coffee beans, energy gels, most food products and alcohol as examples

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭con747

Maybe if people post the type of stuff being delivered from the Irish Amazon to give us an idea what to look for. None of the stuff I used to buy before Brexit is available so far, mainly spices and long life cupboard items.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's due to EU food import rules, in which case they're unlikely to be available until UK and EU reach some agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

Well really if they have an Irish distribution centre they should be facilitating Irish (EU) customers with products from the EU. Wouldn't be hard to stock it from France/Germany. Plenty of what I order comes from there too anyway 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭archfi

All my stuff comes via An Post which is a monumental pain in the arse for me as I live in an apartment block, which if An Post actually did their job, they would deliver post above the size of a standard envelope like every other delivery company does.

So what type of Amazon deliveries are people actually getting via Amazon vans?

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

All of my deliveries are with amazon, so it's likely its more to do with where you are versus what you order? I'm in Cork City...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭archfi

I'm about 8km away from their delivery base in Dublin!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

I think you'll find Amazon will be facilitating Amazon. I'd say most of the food products that we would want, are UK sourced or manufactured. There is a huge food manufacturing and processing industry in the UK and while the companies themselves might not be native, the food produced would be classed as UK produce.

I've been looking for a battery for a drill which is lithium and of course won't ship from anywhere in the EU. I thought once the fulfilment centre opened in Ireland, that these would be available but no sign as yet. I'm hoping they just haven't fully stocked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭Treppen

Got an email saying that Amazon Music is free with my prime account. But when I download the Amazon app store, then Amazon music it says I have to pay like €10(or £ I can't remember) per month. Wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

the “free” is for uk only. When I contacted Customer service to explain that it wrecked my head they gave me a £10 voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

In the case of chocolate the customs paperwork for the various ingredients makes it prohibitive to import from the UK for individual items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭Treppen

Really sucks . I'd nearly be willing to pay a bit if it were cheaper than Spotify and had the same catalog... But they can shove it.

BTW if you can get some type of university or school email Tidal is €5 per month for students. You can use your kid's school email if they're willing to get into trouble with the school IT department for you 😁

I subscribe to Youtube premium family in Argentina and get a 6 Google users family account for €1.30 per month, so no ads on Youtube on any of our devices and Youtube Music replaces Spotify.

Sign up to a free Tunnel Bear account, set yourself to Argentina and sign up with a Revolut as payment so you can pay in Argentine Peso. Once signed up you no longer need the VPN, the payment will go out monthly

👏👏

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

If I try and cancel my prime membership today I get a message saying that the cancellation won't take effect until the end of the current billing cycle which is September 30th. Does that mean I can't resubscribe until then which would mean I will miss out on the €79 annual subscription rate?

I had no problem cancelling a couple of days ago. Unless they've copped on to people doing this but you'd wonder if it would be false economy really, as a lot of people might be pissed off and not renew at all.

If you renew after 15th it will be £95. Only solution I can see is to open another account and forfeit the two weeks, which be a loss of about £9 against the £16 saved, but is a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

My Prime subscription is supposed to be up today . I haven't seen a deduction from my Revolut card yet . I'm assuming it happens after midnight .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Just taken from Revolut now , £79 - €91.32 .

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

I just signed up too for the yearly subscription , same as above 79 pounds

👏👏well worth it

I’ve got my money back already on items that locally motor accessories shops wouldn’t price match , plus the free kindle books and prime video shared with my kid

win win for all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

What's the story with buying from the UK and customs charges? If you go through the .de site do you still get the benefits of prime membership? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement