Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Looks like Argos have stopped selling Firestick now, strange as I got two on Tuesday of this week in Argos Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Went to buy a firestick on Amazon today but they won't deliver to Ireland(I have prime).

None in Argos or Currys either.

www.freetv.ie have them I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Went to buy a firestick on Amazon today but they won't deliver to Ireland(I have prime).

None in Argos or Currys either.

Only fire tv cube is available to ship to ireland, Fire tv devices were never intended to ship here for all intents a purposes.

Just order it to someone you know in the uk, then its 7 quid to post to you, i use my relatives as a new parcel motel haha.

Or depending on what you want get the new chromecast with google tv (slightly more expensive than fire 4k but better).

Thats on play store and currys.ie and delivers straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

No way to get them through with Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Parcel Motel have currently suspended their virtual UK address service since brexit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭SteM

If you're really stuck I'd recommend the new Google Chromecast.

Sure if you have any mate or relative in the UK, free delivery to them and 7 pound for royal mail to send to Ireland. Arrives within 2 working days

But seriously why not get a chromecast - unless you're looking for the lite one.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I have a brand new and sealed spare. Pm me if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Sure if you have any mate or relative in the UK, free delivery to them and 7 pound for royal mail to send to Ireland. Arrives within 2 working days

But seriously why not get a chromecast - unless you're looking for the lite one.

Because Chromecast doesn't integrate with Amazon Echo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

grogi wrote: »
    Because Chromecast doesn't integrate with Amazon Echo?

I use https://ifttt.com to run an Alexa command from my Google Home.
    It's very limited unless you pay though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

just to say i have found addrespal is back up and running, works out at 6.50 per item up to a few kg. just waiting on a pair of shoes to come through

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

gussieg wrote:
    just to say i have found addrespal is back up and running, works out at 6.50 per item up to a few kg. just waiting on a pair of shoes to come through

Was never down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

RossieMan wrote: »
    Was never down.

They were.

TimHorton wrote: »
    They were.

Think they had a temp suspension as they had a backlog of 60k parcels or something mad.

Technically always been running, not sure how they have adjusted though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

gussieg wrote:

Be prepared to pay VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

I ordered 4k firestick off Eirtech for 60 euro delivered recently. US plug came with it. I'm happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Reply to the No Chat Thread

RE: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADA-MAXIMUS-Self-locking-Adjustable-Aluminium/dp/B08B8JD3HX

Looks like they are sold out or messing Irish customers around your £24.50 is the full UK price + VAT.

So they aren't sold out if you change to a UK address it will go through at the £7.99 deal price.

Looks like another deal that isn't available to Ireland - maybe Amazon charge the seller to much for delivery to Ireland to make it worth their while selling to here.

They seem to have amended this now!

Irish price after £10 voucher applied is £11.31stg, but jumps to £13.57stg when a UK address is selected. :)

Obviously, the original deal is over & a new £10 voucher deal is in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

I've bought a few Amazon bargains of late, but has anyone noticed how bad An Post have become in sorting items? I've had 4 misdirected packages out of 10 that have ended up in an incorrect sorting office in the last month alone.
    "Your post has been sent to the wrong delivery office. We will still get it to you."

40% failure rate... Which means I get it 2 or 3 days later. One didn't even have any tracking from An Post - the Amazon label was ripped off and a hand written one in its place. Of the others they eventually turned up but very frustrating. One just got mis-sorted this morning... I'm starting to think their own delivery logistics can't come quick enough for us outside of Dublin....

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

gussieg wrote: »

Really, Thats interesting. Might set up an account.
    Does it matter what the price point of the item is, can it be say £100? or does it have to be under the £22 limit?

MBSnr wrote: »
    I've bought a few Amazon bargains of late, but has anyone noticed how bad An Post have become in sorting items? I've had 4 misdirected packages out of 10 that have ended up in an incorrect sorting office in the last month alone.
    "Your post has been sent to the wrong delivery office. We will still get it to you."

40% failure rate... Which means I get it 2 or 3 days later. One didn't even have any tracking from An Post - the Amazon label was ripped off and a hand written one in its place. Of the others they eventually turned up but very frustrating. One just got mis-sorted this morning... I'm starting to think their own delivery logistics can't come quick enough for us outside of Dublin....

They have been faultless for me, Everything perfect. and i've been having at least 2 packages a week for the past 2 months..... Did you tip your postperson at Christmas :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Really, Thats interesting. Might set up an account.
    Does it matter what the price point of the item is, can it be say £100? or does it have to be under the £22 limit?

It really doesn’t matter as you will be charged Irish VAT (on top of the UK VAT) by address pal regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    They have been faultless for me, Everything perfect. and i've been having at least 2 packages a week for the past 2 months..... Did you tip your postperson at Christmas :confused:

It's the lads in Dublin mis-directing the items, nothing to do with the local postie...

15 March 2021 04:37

Your delivery has been sorted LITTLE ISLAND D.S.U., CO CORK

15 March 2021 04:37

Your post has been sent to the wrong delivery office. We will still get it to you. It is now in LITTLE ISLAND D.S.U., CO CORK

13 March 2021 16:03

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

13 March 2021 11:09

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

In short, no. In fact my stuff is often delivered before Amazon are aware it's out for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

In short, no. In fact my stuff is often delivered before Amazon are aware it's out for delivery.

If its with An Post when that happens they don't get paid :D

The postman should scan the mail when he picks it up in the morning and it shows in the Amazon tracking. If its not scanned at that point An Post don't get paid.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Yeah, I think you're just unfortunate. I've nothing but the highest praise for An Post. I get lots of parcels from Amazon and they've been on time 100% of the time. My heart sinks when I see a courier name as the delivery agent although that's rare now, I think even Amazon got fed up with complaints about the likes of Hermes and Yodel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

AnPost has been very good with my Amazon parcels over the years. It is only once they messed up and deliver my parcels to wrong address. But after phoning there, the issue was resolved - parcels were retrieved and brought back.

There was a significant drop of speed last year - be it because of COVID and Brexit, but things since got back to normal. I get notification that my my parcel gets sorted in Port Laoise - typically it gets delivered two days later.

I much more prefer AnPost than any other courier but DPD.

If its with An Post when that happens they don't get paid :D

The postman should scan the mail when he picks it up in the morning and it shows in the Amazon tracking. If its not scanned at that point An Post don't get paid.

They get paid. My postman just arrives early and later Amazon tell me it's out for delivery, then delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

They get paid. My postman just arrives early and later Amazon tell me it's out for delivery, then delivered.

Not what my postman told me last week.

He said they keep getting told if its not scanned when they take it An Post don't get paid. He said there have been a few warnings recently because someone working out of his depot doesn't always bother.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Not what my postman told me last week.

He said they keep getting told if its not scanned when they take it An Post don't get paid. He said there have been a few warnings recently because someone working out of his depot doesn't always bother.

It's scanned.

• Advertisement

It really doesn’t matter as you will be charged Irish VAT (on top of the UK VAT) by address pal regardless.

How does this work? Do they open the parcel and assess or is it say a declaration sheet sent with parcel ?

Does me getting something sent to an relation in England costing 100 quid English VAT included and then her forwarding it on to me as a gift- will this get pulled for Irish VAT as well? or are gifts exempt?

Advertisement