Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

When cancelling a subscribe & save offer, when do you normally do it. Straight away or after the items are posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,103 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I usually do it when I get a reminder of the next delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭con747

If you just subscribed to get the extra discount as a once off purchase I do it straight away once the payment is taken.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Savetheplanet

I got this reason from DPD as the reason for the parcel being returned. "Kindly refer below for the reason shared by DPD UK for the return. "it was processed for a return as it failed Amazon IOR (importer of record) rules. Below are the Rules and regulations for shipping parcel to Amazon FC (fulfillment centre): Shipping to Amazon FC - Customers need to be signed up with Amazon to be able to ship directly into a FC Importer Details- When Importing to an Amazon facility, Amazon must not be used solely as the Importer of Record How can I Import to a FC? There are two suggested solutions - “Care Of” & using a different Importer of Record Care-Of - Care-Of solution allows a business to receive correspondence at another address, the business UK EORI needs to be provided. Different IOR - DPD UK also offers the option to ship using a different IOR to the delivery address. This would allow compliant Import clearance when the IOR is a separate fiscal entity to Amazon. Blocking Non-Compliant Shipments - Following requests from Amazon, DPD UK will block and return any Amazon Import which do not conform to the above guidelines. " I hope it helps.

I am none the wiser! As for the UPS progress, well I have no idea what's going on with it apart from it bouncing around the place.

06/28/2023

1:29 P.M.On the Way

UPS initiated contact with receiver or importer for clearance information. Once received, UPS will submit for clearance. / We'll contact the sender or receiver about this delivery.

Castle Donington, United Kingdom06/28/2023

12:05 P.M.Your package is on the way

06/28/2023

12:05 P.M.UPS initiated contact with receiver or importer for clearance information. Once received, UPS will submit for clearance.

Castle Donington, United Kingdom06/28/2023

5:45 A.M.Your package is prepared for clearance.

06/28/2023

4:04 A.M.Import Scan

Castle Donington, United Kingdom06/27/2023

9:35 P.M.Import Scan

5:03 P.M.Arrived at Facility

6:00 A.M.Departed from Facility

Finglas, Ireland06/26/2023

8:01 P.M.Arrived at Facility

8:00 P.M.Departed from Facility

Dublin, Ireland06/26/2023

6:26 P.M.Good news! We've received export clearance information for your package. This hold has been resolved.

5:32 P.M.A missing commercial invoice is causing a delay. We are working to obtain this information.

3:16 P.M.Arrived at Facility

Corbeil Essonnes, France06/24/2023

3:00 A.M.Departed from Facility

Finglas, Ireland06/23/2023

9:18 P.M.Export Scan

4:50 P.M.Origin Scan

11:10 A.M.Pickup Scan

Finglas, Ireland06/20/2023

7:14 P.M.Label Created

Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.

Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭user060916

It sounds like DPD were treating it as a delivery to Amazon Fulfilment Centre by a seller using Fullfill by Amazon (FBA) instead of a standard Amazon customer return which is slightly more complicated and required different paperwork.

I imagine UPS just need some clarification from Amazon on your shipment, UPS are Amazons Partnered carrier so the communication between the two tends to be very good

I have no idea! I do know one thing though, there is no way Amazon should expect customers to have to go through such an ordeal to return a faulty item. If UPS don't deliver it I was on to my bank and they will do a charge back so Amazon can sort how they get it back. Thanks for your help and i'll let you know the outcome.

Since it's faulty I'm very surprised Amazon didn't offer an An Post label which would just need to be dropped off at any Post Office.

It was only dispatched from Amazon and sold by another party. It was 5 days past the 30 day return window and I tried 3 different Amazon support agents and none would supply the An Post label. I don't understand why items can't be just returned to the fulfilment centre in Baldonnell and save all the hassle. If it comes back that's where it will be sent at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Have to assume they have the customer base and are now making returns more difficult

I now buy stuff i'm confident won't be returning

Don't want the hassle on stuff that may be returned

• Advertisement

Just to close this down, the following below is as far as it got and it's being returned again. I spent the morning onto Amazon c/s agents and eventually got a full refund and do what I want with the faulty PC. I also got a refund from Parcel 2 go for the first attempt to send it back as well as Amazon refunding me, so a little compensation for the amount of grief it has caused. Everything was filled in correctly so I have no idea and have spent way to much time on this!

"We are unable to locate or contact your Consignee and the package(s) have not been cleared through local Customs.Provide us with alternative direct contact details for the receiver (a local telephone number, or an email address). Ask the receiver to contact their local UPS Office. Please send us your instructions on how you would like us to proceed with the shipment(s) as soon as possible and by the deadline mentioned above.

If no instructions are provided within 10 working days of this message, your shipment(s) may be returned to you or disposed of in accordance with the UPS’s Tariff/Terms & Conditions of Carriage/Service and without further notice."

What address was it sent to?

Sounds like neither have been issues with the batteries but with the courier customs. Now it is more complicated when it's a third party seller via Amazon return cross border but I've never had issues as long as I copy of the importers details from the custom form provided by Amazon.

Sure at least you get to keep it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I've had a return package disappear in customs too. Stuff that doesn't get through customs might be falling of the back of a truck... and onto Gumtree in the UK.

Hi, it was sent to below address and I filled in everything as you said and included 3 invoices as UPS requested when booking it. A lesson learned with expensive items with lithium batteries and I won't be risking anything expensive in the future. I'll update here if I get it back and have a computer repair shop have a look. It just wouldn't turn on and I tried all the suggestions on the computer help thread here.

Ship To:

Customer service

Amazon Fulfilment Centre

Amazon Way

DUNFERMLINE Fife Fife KY11 8ST

UnitedKingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Heads up the 16GB Crucial RAM posted in No Chat is DDR5 and not compatible with Motherboards that do not use DDR5 (most people probably still on DDR4)

Interesting, I always used Amazon Returns, Amazon Way for returns. And Amazon Fulfillment Center for any FBA shipments but really shouldn't have been an issue with the correct paperwork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

saw this posted on amazon bargain thread

shows unable to deliver to my address in ireland. is it same for others too? just checking since it was posted on bargains thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,025 ✭✭✭✭muffler

That's odd. It's showing as available for dispatch in 5 - 7 days for me.

Not getting at you personally but don't people try and buy an item (cancelling at the final stage) to check if an item is available to Ireland before posting a Bargain Alert? One person checking that before posting saves a load of people trying to buy something that may not be available here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Oops, shows as available on item's listing page, during checkout says it won't be delivered to Ireland. Doh!

There's something up with that listing. I've 4 UK addresses listed on my Prime account and that item wouldn't deliver to any of them. At the checkout its showing the condition of the item as new indicating it might be a warehouse item but no mention of warehouse anywhere. When you buy a brand new item from Amazon condition isn't mentioned at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,025 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yeah I see what you mean. But in most cases though it will state if the product can't be shipped here without having to proceed to the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Sorry folks. I bought exactly that item from Amazon a couple of months back and there is no mention of deliver issues on the page, so it didn’t even occur to me to cycle through to checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Not your fault, I bought one on January, listed on the same page (different size though) and all went smoothly as well. Sadly, not this time. :-(

I wonder if it would be possible to add a page header to the NO CHAT thread with a link to the chat thread. A page footer just above the page number links would also sort out the chat in the no chat thread. I know myself as soon as one person starts its dead easy to forget and join in the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭con747

I have that t-shirt 😂.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Maths_Teacher

They can quite easily get a message to show up in the comment section for the no chat thread reminding people that it's the no chat thread, e.g.:

div.ql-editor.userContent.userContent > p:first-child::after {
    content: "IMPORTANT: This is the NO CHAT thread. If this comment doesn't include a link, you're likely looking for the CHAT thread instead." !important;
    color:red !important;
    } 

They can have this message show only on the no chat thread with a basic if statement in JavaScript.

They could also have it so that the "Post Comment" button is greyed out if no link is included in the comment, again only on that specific thread and again with just a few lines of code.

Spending five minutes adding such code would save them a lot of time in the long run in regards to not having to delete posts time and time again in that thread. Probably something that they should consider. :)

That does seem to be the best way to do it.

Edit> But it would also be real handy of the warning msg included a link to the no chat thread. And bells and whistles if you could automatically get a quote from the NO CHAT thread over to the Chat thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Advertisement