Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

Got all yesterday’s stuff today! All today’s deliveries delayed! Waiting on 3 lots of sandpaper, worktop oil , wood stain and various other things!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭migrant

I'm almost out of coffee beans! Been in Ireland 5 years now but I've only ever bought coffee beans from Amazon. all my Subscribe and Saves for coffee have been replaced by a middle finger. The end is nigh, the sky is falling. Where do I buy coffee beans from now? (Ps, I'm not a millionaire)

My Taylor coffee arrived today :)
    grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

migrant wrote: »
    I'm almost out of coffee beans! Been in Ireland 5 years now but I've only ever bought coffee beans from Amazon. all my Subscribe and Saves for coffee have been replaced by a middle finger. The end is nigh, the sky is falling. Where do I buy coffee beans from now? (Ps, I'm not a millionaire)

I only buy from discountcoffee.ie during the last 3 years and I am super happy to be honest

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just got a delivery from Amazon (via An Post) there. Didn't expect anything on Paddy's Day!

• Advertisement

in2dark wrote: »
    I only buy from discountcoffee.ie during the last 3 years and I am super happy to be honest
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Thanks.

Velo, Ponaire, Bell Lane, Cloud Picker, Maher's to name but a few.

Good selections in most small roasters, 35 per kg delivered quick and roasted within last week in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Did anyone bag the hue outdoor sensor for £15.81 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

brightkane wrote: »

Was a very short lived bargain and that's for sure.

Velo, Ponaire, Bell Lane, Cloud Picker, Maher's to name but a few.

Good selections in most small roasters, 35 per kg delivered quick and roasted within last week in most cases.

I'd have to use it for homeopathy at 35 a bag, or fine grind it and snort lines. All I want to do is dilate my pupils and start twitching. 15 a kilo is high for me. Thanks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ablelocks

amazon are my regular coffee dealer supplier for lavazza a modo mio capsules.

on the subscription, i was getting 256 pods for approx €55 (for comparison, to get the equivalent from harvey norman would be €104

since January though, they aren't available to ship to Ireland (can still ship to UK though)

Is address pal an option? Or any other ideas?

(I am toying with the idea of getting a bean to capsule machine)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

I'd have to use it for homeopathy at 35 a bag, or fine grind it and snort lines. All I want to do is dilate my pupils and start twitching. 15 a kilo is high for me. Thanks though.

Coffee Bargains thread on boards here or Freshly roasted coffee one have a few EU based places.

1kg of beans is over 50 double espressos - not sure how you drink it though.

Nescafe gold blend will sort you out for caffeine only. :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

ablelocks wrote: »
    amazon are my regular coffee dealer supplier for lavazza a modo mio capsules.

on the subscription, i was getting 256 pods for approx €55 (for comparison, to get the equivalent from harvey norman would be €104

since January though, they aren't available to ship to Ireland (can still ship to UK though)

Is address pal an option? Or any other ideas?

(I am toying with the idea of getting a bean to capsule machine)

I get my Lavazza a Modo Mio capsules from Amazon Germany or Italy (sometimes one is cheaper, sometimes the other).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

brightkane wrote:

I thought that was a mistake. I was looking at Hue products at 8am this morning and it was reduced from 40 odd euro to 35 euro or something like that. I can't see how it reduced to 15 & back again in the space of a few hours.

I'm gutted I missed it if it was reduced though. I need two of these & at 15 each they would be vat free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I thought that was a mistake. I was looking at Hue products at 8am this morning and it was reduced from 40 odd euro to 35 euro or something like that. I can't see how it reduced to 15 & back again in the space of a few hours.

I'm gutted I missed it if it was reduced though. I need two of these & at 15 each they would be vat free

I got one and went back shortly afterwards to get one for my brother but the price had gone up again. It was a very brief window.

in2dark wrote: »

I've taken the plunge, 6Kg of Saol Caife Temple Bar beans for €40.75 delivered. that's my kind of price. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I did and I rarely see a bargain on time to use.
    Some commenting about the poor reviews in the other thread. These will need a fair bit of adjusting to get right but will work a treat. I had similar issues on the internal sensor depending on where it was placed but works great now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Apologies if this has been asked a hundred time but what kind of vat am I looking at for purchase of £250 ?

Apologies if this has been asked a hundred time but what kind of vat am I looking at for purchase of £250 ?

Just add it to your basket and go to check out and it will tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I did and I rarely see a bargain on time to use.
    Some commenting about the poor reviews in the other thread. These will need a fair bit of adjusting to get right but will work a treat. I had similar issues on the internal sensor depending on where it was placed but works great now.

Your problem is that you keep trying to live your life outside of this forum.
    Two words of advice... 'stop it' :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Just add it to your basket and go to check out and it will tell you.

Jaysus !!! 50 bucks Brexit tax !!! Literally in tears/sick to the stomach

• Registered Users Posts: 46,033 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Try shopping Irish to see how sick you would be :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Did they not remove the Uk first first .? I would have expected it to be just slightly more than the original 250 which had the Uk vat included even after adding Irish VAT

Did they not remove the Uk first first .? I would have expected it to be just slightly more than the original 250 which had the Uk vat included even after adding Irish VAT

Over €150 there's import duty as well as VAT on certain items.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

So give us a link so we can work out why?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

I've taken the plunge, 6Kg of Saol Caife Temple Bar beans for €40.75 delivered. that's my kind of price. Thanks.

I prefer the 100% arabica so my favourite one is the italian passion. They have nother one now on offer buy 3 pay 2 and i tried it. Good but not as good as the italian passion for me. But anyway, it is all matter of taste. Hope you enjoy this coffee. I only buy from them and i drink 5-6 espressos per day with wife having at least 2 lattes per day too. So you can imagine how often i order :-)

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Anyone help, I have purchased something on uk site for 21 pounds, they have charged an extra 6 pounds for import fees deposit. I taught once its under 22 pounds they shouldn't be fees?

22 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

22 euro

No its 22 euro before VAT so something that is £22 should be OK but there are still some companies with stuff that is Fulfilled by Amazon that don't give a VAT receipt so don't knock it off at the checkout. Try buying any Eleego item on Amazon and see no VAT reduction.

First item I could find over £22 https://www.amazon.co.uk/IUGA-Waist-Pocket-Design-UK840-SD-Brown-XXLarge/dp/B079BH4JVG/ pick the L size which is £22.05 and is £18.37 at the checkout.

OK so I just checked Elegoo again they seem to be doing it right now and knocking the VAT off. I did get a VAT refund from them only today so maybe they changed it as a result.

Wake me up when it's all over.

You are right sorry , wonder if it had a delivery as well ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Got 2

Advertisement