Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭howsshenow

Not sure if it's Amazon or An Posts fault but there have been no delivery / redirect notifications for the past week..

I'm trying to keep on the best side of my Postman by not overloading him.. Frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

howsshenow wrote: »
    Not sure if it's Amazon or An Posts fault but there have been no delivery / redirect notifications for the past week..

I'm trying to keep on the best side of my Postman by not overloading him.. Frustrating

Overload him! Ours is happy to have a job and its more secure the more deliveries he has to make.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sonya4u

Great bargain, touch and go there, I nearly bought three to make up bug out bags for the family but just managed to get control of myself in time.

Must have been a lightning deal, seems to be £6.95 for me now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭tnegun

howsshenow wrote: »

Last year my postman asked me had I ever heard of Parcel Motel! Poor chap was so overloaded with deliveries! We did give him an Amazon voucher in the first lockdown though as he's sound and always puts the stuff somewhere safe etc. so I think we've made up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

There seems to be another method of getting the No UK Vat + No Irish VAT deals.
    I don't have a Prime subscription. Tonight I placed an order for 3 items, one was a single item from Amazon Warehouse for about €11, and 2 other items for about €14 from the normal Amazon fulfilled location.
    The prices were free of UK VAT - I know this cos I ran over the order again giving my old UK Addresspal address and now the prices were higher.
    But - as the order was €26 I was given free postage.
    But - there was NO add-on estimated charge for Irish duty & VAT.
    A few minutes later the email confirmation came in and they show the order split into 2 deliveries - one for the warehouse deal and one for the other 2 items.

Will be interested to see if this gets picked up by An Post or whatever - I'm guessing it will not. If I get stuck for Irish VAT I can't complain, though I will kick up if I get stuck with an An Post clearance fee.

Obviously this loophole goes away on July 1st when they start collecting VAT no matter how low the value.

I don't see a Amazon Non-prime Chat thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,879 ✭✭✭✭Basq

30% off Warehouse since midnight.

Picked up 3 filters for a Dyson vacuum... FEEELLLL THEEEEEE RUUUUSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Picked up a TP-Link TAPO L530B Smart Bulb Multicolor for around £8 shipped. Hard to find much cheaper smart bulbs for that price. No bridge needed and a decent brand.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08JZHXQC4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Basq wrote: »
    30% off Warehouse since midnight.

Picked up 3 filters for a Dyson vacuum... FEEELLLL THEEEEEE RUUUUSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Revolut card meltdown in 3, 2, 1...

RE: Amazon 30% off warehouse

Some good some bad. Got a good deal on a load of electrical components I wanted many 30% off and 20% off but when I moved on to looking for a SSD I couldn't find any that attracted the extra 30% same for tools. None of the power tools I checked had an extra 30%.

Edit> HMMMMM! Amazon seem to be adding the import charged to the warehouse price before deduction the 30% which is the 30% off the original warehouse price. Basically I'm getting less off than I was expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Excuse my ignorance but when i order these two items, it comes up as eligible for free delivery and no import duty to pay. Could i order the same thing a few times separately and still not pay any import fees? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Excuse my ignorance but when i order these two items, it comes up as eligible for free delivery and no import duty to pay. Could i order the same thing a few times separately and still not pay any import fees? Thanks

Yes.

Probably considered a grocery item with zero VAT. None to take off nothing to add for import.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Probably considered a grocery item with zero VAT. None to take off nothing to add for import.

Thanks this is the price

Thanks this is the price

If it comes from Amazon Customs don't seen to ever get involved Amazon pay anything due so what you see is what you pay.

Its under the limit anyway so Amazon won't add import duty.

If necessary order the boxes individually but it might save on P&P if you want more than one and order them together.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

OmegaGene wrote: »
    amazon inflated prices are a joke alright and make the sales sound better than what they are and they arent the only company doing it

i bought my last one for 90gbp and was in the market for another after dropping mine today and a similar one is €140 with boots so still a saving for me ;)

https://www.boots.ie/philips-diamondclean-sonic-electric-toothbrush-black-10228248

Down to £90 today, picked one up at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Down to £90 today, picked one up at that price.

Im on my third Diamondclean in 7/8 years. They keep breaking about 6 months after the warranty is up. It's so frustrating. But I keep going back and getting another one (always around the £100 mark) because I have spare heads.

Its a vicious circle!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Im on my third Diamondclean in 7/8 years. They keep breaking about 6 months after the warranty is up. It's so frustrating. But I keep going back and getting another one (always around the £100 mark) because I have spare heads.

Its a vicious circle!

Thaks for the feedback. It's my first one, I'll check it out for a while and see how it goes. Should go well with all my Amazon Dentyl mouthwash :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Its a vicious circle!

It was similar for me. My Sonicare broke on schedule just after Christmas. I've had about 4 over the last 10 years.

I thought I'd try one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toothbrush-ATMOKO-Rechargeable-Whitening-Waterproof/dp/B083FLRDN8/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=electric+toothbrush&qid=1616422314&sr=8-7

I find it just as good. I can't speak as to how long it'll last but it seems fine. It's about €18 delivered if you have prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

The Warehouse sale went live last night while I was in bed and of course anything half decent is long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Its a vicious circle!

Philips is fantastic in planned failures. I am on fourth as well...

Their soundbar fail around the same timeframe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

I want to buy some earbuds (wired or not). I had a nice wired set for years and must have lost them when out walking last week. They were expensive at the time and was happy with them. I see things have moved on a lot and I'm at sea with all the options out there.

I see this listed under Spring Sale - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Buds-Blue-version/dp/B0842Q95VC

Are they worth it? Too easy to lose?

leck wrote: »
    I want to buy some earbuds (wired or not). I had a nice wired set for years and must have lost them when out walking last week. They were expensive at the time and was happy with them. I see things have moved on a lot and I'm at sea with all the options out there.

I see this listed under Spring Sale - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Buds-Blue-version/dp/B0842Q95VC

Are they worth it? Too easy to lose?

All I can say is they have been a little bit cheaper https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0842Q95VC but the price seems about right otherwise. You just need someone to tell you if they are any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭skinny90

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08L5RKGVX?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Apple 20W USB-C Power Adapter £15.20 free delivery to Ire with Prime.

Bought the anker already but its worth the 15 :)

edit: at check out it ended up being 12.67 GBP :)

and It will arrive thursday

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

All I can say is they have been a little bit cheaper https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0842Q95VC but the price seems about right otherwise. You just need someone to tell you if they are any good.

I can confirm they're good, they work best with an Android phone and ideally Samsung.

There's other cheaper ones that get good reviews on Newstalk etc, just depends how much you want to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

skinny90 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08L5RKGVX?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Apple 20W USB-C Power Adapter £15.20 free delivery to Ire with Prime.

Bought the anker already but its worth the 15 :)

edit: at check out it ended up being 12.67 GBP :)

and It will arrive thursday

Great price. Just need some new cables now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ablelocks

this was asked in the bargain thread :
    Cheers

Any way of filtering the items when in that link, or do you just need to keep scrolling through the 10,000+ results? Would be annoying to filter then get to checkout and realize no 30% discount

the best way i've found to filter is to click on the "Save 30% ...." banner, then search in the Amazon Warehouse Events field at the top for the brand or the item you want - searching the brand brings up all the relevant results for the brand, searching for the item brings it or any relevant accessories.

eg - search dji or search dji mavic air 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Cheers

Any way of filtering the items when in that link, or do you just need to keep scrolling through the 10,000+ results? Would be annoying to filter then get to checkout and realize no 30% discount

the best way i've found to filter is to click on the "Save 30% ...." banner, then search in the Amazon Warehouse Events field at the top for the brand or the item you want - searching the brand brings up all the relevant results for the brand, searching for the item brings it or any relevant accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Bought some foldable camp beds and chairs, worked out and at less than 10 pound each on the warehouse deal, hopefully the kids will get some use out of them over the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mrasgar

ablelocks wrote: »

Alternatively if you want to browse a narrower category (and want the ability to sort), just click on one of the departments on the left hand navigation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Save £10 on Your First App Order at Amazon
    expires 06/04

What are the terms for this offer, minimum spend ?

Advertisement