Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

djo789 wrote: »
    Anyone know why Kaspersky Total Security 2021 | 10 Devices | 1 Year subscription €24.61 OR Norton 360 Premium 2021, Antivirus software for 10 Devices and 1-year subscription €19.34 - Cannot be purchased by anyone in Ireland same ding dong for Amazon.de is there a workaround ?

Kaspersky

Norton

No issue for me.

djo789 wrote: »
    Anyone know why Kaspersky Total Security 2021 | 10 Devices | 1 Year subscription €24.61 OR Norton 360 Premium 2021, Antivirus software for 10 Devices and 1-year subscription €19.34 - Cannot be purchased by anyone in Ireland same ding dong for Amazon.de is there a workaround ?

Kaspersky

Norton

The seller, Amazon Media EU S.à r.l., only sells items in the UK region.

Those who it is working for likely set their region to the UK to watch football games or for other reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

grogi wrote: »
    Just use a beer bottle. The dedicated pan might provide good results, but is a uni-tasker that will clutter your kitchen. Same results from simple means.

Beer bottle in the oven at 180 degrees is safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

dinneenp wrote: »

Beer can would be the normal way.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I assume it’s a typo.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Beer Can. Don’t use glass unless you just want to throw it all out after.

This explains the science. https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/3296-grill-roasted-beer-can-chicken-for-a-charcoal-grill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Depends how many you cleared before doing the chicken...

Just remove the label. Glass needs much higher temperature to flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

I was only posting about how good the deliveries were a week or two ago, things have got a lot worse since.
    I had three orders all ordered on different days turn up on the same day delivered by three different postmen (post people?).
    Never had that happen before.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I think you need to be in a specific situation to appreciate just how **** some wifi connections can be. Whether it's due to your broadband connection, equipment, router or whatever, wifi can be affected in different ways.
    I get 40mbs in my dining room but only 10mbs in my sitting room, which is closer to the router. The reason, apparently, is the composition of the stud wall, (don't ask)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

112143 wrote: »
    I was only posting about how good the deliveries were a week or two ago, things have got a lot worse since.
    I had three orders all ordered on different days turn up on the same day delivered by three different postmen (post people?).
    Never had that happen before.

I think you may have quoted the wrong post, at least I'm not getting the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

The seller, Amazon Media EU S.à r.l., only sells items in the UK region.

Those who it is working for likely set their region to the UK to watch football games or for other reasons.
    Indeed, I use smart DNS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ibrahimovic

£12.31 for 12 protein bars and 2 x 100g reeses easter bunny bags

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grenade-Carb-Killa-High-Protein/dp/B07N37Z2M5/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=protein&m=A2OAJ7377F756P&qid=1617206388&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-1

and a filler of

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08SMN44ZX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comes to £12.31 at checkout when using free shipping, doesn't add import tax. Can probably find another filler instead of the reeses like anglo bubbly x 50

Done something similar a few weeks ago and the protein bars have an expiry of July 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I think you may have quoted the wrong post, at least I'm not getting the connection.

I sure did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Got £0.02 refunded due to overcharging of fees!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Soarer wrote: »
    Got £0.02 refunded due to overcharging of fees!

I got 3 refunds today, total of £0.10. Chaching

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

dulpit wrote: »
    I got 3 refunds today, total of £0.10. Chaching

The bank could charge more in transaction fees. I use Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

dingding wrote: »
    The bank could charge more in transaction fees. I use Revolut.

I'll let you in on a little secret. So does pretty much everyone on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'll let you in on a little secret. So does pretty much everyone on this thread.

Yup

Nope, not any longer. Once upon a time Revolut was unique, now there are competitors that offer other features and better rewards. I use a Curve with a crypto.com card, I get 1% cashback from Amazon with the curve and 3% cashback on all purchases with the CDC card. I have staked with CDC (indigo Visa), it also gives me free Spotify and Netflix ;)

mod edit no referral codes on main forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I have an N26 account/card. Is there any use to Curve in that case? I've stopped using my Revolut card/account as it has no advantage in day to day use over N26 and it's not a real bank so you have no deposit protection so I don't really have many cards to administer.

Honestly PayPal for payments (12 free returns a year/payment protection) and N26 account/card backing it seems great to me.

I have an N26 account/card. Is there any use to Curve in that case? I've stopped using my Revolut card/account as it has no advantage in day to day use over N26 and it's not a real bank so you have no deposit protection so I don't really have many cards to administer.

Honestly PayPal for payments (12 free returns a year/payment protection) and N26 account/card backing it seems great to me.

The main reason I use Curve is that I've given it to my wife and I've added it to my Google pay that way we can both use the CDC card with 3% cashback on all our monthly outgoings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

I use a Curve with a crypto.com card, I get 1% cashback from Amazon with the curve and 3% cashback on all purchases with the CDC card. I have staked with CDC (indigo Visa), it also gives me free Spotify and Netflix ;)

CDC?
    So you have Curve, add the Crypto Card, top up via curve?
    How do you get cashback?
    How do you get free Spotify and Netflix?

All info appreicated

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

bidiots wrote: »
    CDC?
    How do you get cashback?

All info appreicated

+1 on that info if you are sending it via PM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,489 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'd say take the card chat to a new thread folks before this becomes a lengthy card chat

bidiots wrote: »
    CDC?
    How do you get cashback?

All info appreicated

Sure, this is bargain alerts after all :D

CDC = Crypto.com
    I top up the Crypto.com card, I have it added to Curve (with my PTSB set to backup in case funds are low). Curve has a feature called go back in time, you have 90 days to change a transaction to a different card if you paid with the wrong card, they take money from a different card and refund the original one.

I have staked with Crypto.com for one of their higher tier Visa cards, the indigo (I got it for only 10k CRO stake, I'm grandfathered in its now much higher stake €3500) this gives many perks including Netflix, Spotify and airport lounge. This stake gets a return of 10% APY paid weekly. 3% cashback is paid on all transactions using the card paid in their own crypto CRO which you can keep or can be loaded to the Visa or converted into another crypto like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Also when I pay for Spotify and Netflix using the Crypto.com visa I get a cashback refund in CRO (I think the max is $12.99, I pay for family accounts so have to pay the balance and get 3% cashback on that)
    https://crypto.com/cards

I also pay for Curve metal. I had to do this last month as I had put thousands through Curve and hit a spending limit. This costs me €9.99 a month and gives me 1% cashback on transactions in Lidl, Aldi and Amazon. I'm probably going to cancel metal just haven't decided yet.

Apologies, was writing the long post didnt see the warning until I posted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ablelocks

a separate BA thread about payment comparisons might be a good idea? I was shying away from the likes of revolut etc - there are posts about the options in a variety of threads but one thread similar to the netflix / tidal format would be great for newbies to access info...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Hy Gieni wrote: »
    All my Amazon orders sit in the Dublin sorting office for two days before being shipped to Cork. One order was in Dublin for 2 days before being shipped to Portlaoise where it spent another 2 days before being sent to Cork.

The closure of the Little Island sorting office has been a disaster for speedy deliveries in Cork. An Post don't seem to know what to do with deliveries destined for Cork as a result.

The tracking system is another disaster. Most days when I check before 9.30am the parcel is still in the Dublin sorting office - until there is a knock on the door half an hour later!!

Wonder if I made a complaint to Amazon about An Post would it have any effect?

If you stopped telling people you we're living in the real capital it might get post to you quicker.

It's just the dubs reminding you who's in charge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Bazzy wrote: »
    If you stopped telling people you we're living in the real capital it might get post to you quicker.

It's just the dubs reminding you who's in charge

As a resident of the Kingdom. The post man knows were I live and comes pay homage to his Dublin 'master' most days. (he recognises his betters). He even leaves gifts wrapped in brown oversize boxes for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

i worked in little island sorting office one christmas.
    it was an experience. Shame it went.
    Maybe that explains why my gaff looks like a postal depot with boxes everywhere, and gadgets i dont remember ordering turning up.
    Must give up the internet. Worse than the drink any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

At times this is me:

548956.jpg

Advertisement