Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Oh and just a heads up for those that were looking for Firesticks recently, Argos have stocks of both of NON 4K versions again. Argos never stocked the 4k version here as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The stuff I ordered on Saturday lunchtime definitely didnt come from an Irish warehouse anyway, it left UK sat night, arrived into Dublin lunchtime yesterday and delivered to Waterford this morning, many of my sold by and fulfilled by amazon orders over the last couple of weeks are back to 2 day delivery again, thankfully.

Everything I've ordered has come from the UK bar one bulky item that came from Italy. Delivery speeds are back to 2 days for me too. I haven't received anything that originated here. I'd be curious to know what exactly they do keep in the Irish warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

gussieg wrote: »
    so the irish warehouse is definitely up and running?
    makes sense some stuff available at really short delivery times.

well I ordered that 64gb usb drive on the no chat page yesterday at about 3pm. Its arriving today. Too quick for the UK. I rekon it is up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

There will usually be a Warehouse code on the bottom of the Amazon Address label. This should tell you where the order was sent from.
    https://transporteca.co.uk/amazon-fulfillment-center-locations/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

well I ordered that 64gb usb drive on the no chat page yesterday at about 3pm. Its arriving today. Too quick for the UK. I rekon it is up and running.

I think the Irish warehouse only supplies the greater Dublin area, possibly including Kildare and Meath. I have had many deliveries this year and all have been by An Post, I'm in Wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I think the Irish warehouse only supplies the greater Dublin area, possibly including Kildare and Meath. I have had many deliveries this year and all have been by An Post, I'm in Wexford.

I'm in Wicklow and pretty much all my deliveries come from the warehouse/ Amazon drivers also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Is the warehouse in Rathcoole not just a last mile warehouse with them looking (or possibly securing) one close to Baldonnel to hold actual stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭tnegun

In Kildare here and 95% of my Amazon deliveries are by Amazon contracted drivers with the exception coming via An Post now. I've even had 3 different drivers delivering on a Sunday! Its a while since that happened it I think it was the last Sunday before Christmas but I'd still regularly get 2 drops a day one in the afternoon and the other early evening.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Most of my deliveries are Amazon now, Kilkenny.

Most of my deliveries are Amazon now, Kilkenny.

Interesting, Wicklow doesn't surprise me as it's a border county of Dublin but I didn't realise they were going as far as Kilkenny, which is roughly the same distance as to where I live, although more direct.
    I wonder do they actually pick orders in Dublin or is it just a staging post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Speaking of...have you done a speed test on it ? I have and it seems standard USB2 speed, deffo not 10x faster. Using UCB3 slots of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Interesting, Wicklow doesn't surprise me as it's a border county of Dublin but I didn't realise they were going as far as Kilkenny, which is roughly the same distance as to where I live, although more direct.
    I wonder do they actually pick orders in Dublin or is it just a staging post.

Dublin just has a delivery station (Truck -> Van). FC plans were announced more recently.

ED E wrote: »
    Dublin just has a delivery station (Truck -> Van). FC plans were announced more recently.

Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Knockieranlady

fjon wrote: »
    I'm in Wicklow and pretty much all my deliveries come from the warehouse/ Amazon drivers also.

I’m in blessington and have only ever had An Post deliver my deliveries. I have ordered several times since Christmas so regular Prime customer

I don't understand how, if orders are not being picked in Dublin, people are getting overnight delivery in some parts. In my experience, the longest delay with UK is from ordering to dispatch. I think the shortest delivery time I've had is three days and that's since Brexit, it was coming from London according to the info posted on this thread a little while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭PreCocious

Are we back to 2 day deliveries? I'm finding things to be fierce quick at the moment.

I ordered a phone case on the UK site on Wed 7th, dispatched from Germany 10 April and due on Friday. Ordered something else on Thursday and it arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I don't understand how, if orders are not being picked in Dublin, people are getting overnight delivery in some parts. In my experience, the longest delay with UK is from ordering to dispatch. I think the shortest delivery time I've had is three days and that's since Brexit, it was coming from London according to the info posted on this thread a little while ago.

That is the delay from ordering to being handled to Irish carrier. Your parcel gets onto the Ireland bound truck the same night as you placed the order. It gets to Ireland next day and is being handled over to local carrier that evening or even next day. That's when you see the 'dispatched' notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I ordered a phone Sunday afternoon. Shipped Sunday night.

Monday morning cleared customs at Trafford Park (same route as 90% of my orders). Dublin mail centre Monday night. Delivered Waterford this morning.

Anything that's sorted in Dublin before about 1 am will be delivered in Waterford next morning in normal times.

I'm presuming that Dublin orders go from Trafford Park to Rathcoole and are pushed out for delivery all day?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

I typically receive fulfilled by Amazon packages by Prime in 2 days, sometimes 1 (depending on when I order). I can order on a Friday evening and receive it in Dublin less than 48 hours later. I believe these are originating in the UK or on the continent, not IE (yet). Amazing compared even to Irish merchants.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Nothing picked in Ireland yet, the label on your box will have where it was shipped from using these codes.

United KingdomEnglandRugeley (BHX1)
    CambridgeCoalville (BHX2)
    Daventry (BHX3)
    Coventry (BHX4)
    Rugby (BHX5)
    Redditch (BHX6)
    Bristol (BRS1)
    Stoke-on-Trent (CST9, DST1)Banbury, 
    Oxfordshire (DOX2)
    Kegworth (EMA1)
    Mansfield (EMA2)
    Peterborough (EUK5)
    Doncaster (LBA1, LBA2, LBA3, LBA4)
    Tilbury (LCY2)
    Rochester, Kent (LCY8)
    Ridgmont, Milton Keynes (LTN1)
    HemelHempstead (LTN2)
    Dunstable (LTN4)
    Manchester (MAN1)
    Warrington (MAN2)
    Bolton (MAN3)
    Chesterfield(MAN4)
    Haydock (MAN8)
    Darlington (MME1)
    Bowburn, Durham (MME2)
    ScotlandDunfermline (EDI4)
    Gourock (GLA1)
    WalesCrymlyn Burrows, Swansea (CWL1)[174][175][176]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

sure it'll take the guts of a year to get that amazon dispatch centre up & running

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I ordered a phone Sunday afternoon. Shipped Sunday night.

Monday morning cleared customs at Trafford Park (same route as 90% of my orders). Dublin mail centre Monday night. Delivered Waterford this morning.

Anything that's sorted in Dublin before about 1 am will be delivered in Waterford next morning in normal times.

I'm presuming that Dublin orders go from Trafford Park to Rathcoole and are pushed out for delivery all day?

Thats "slow" as it were. AMZL orders often arrive 25 to 30hrs after order for me. For you it should be Orgininal FC->Manchester or LCY -> DUB -> DMC -> Your DSU -> You. Once it hits the DMC its up to An Post how it progresses.
    fryup wrote: »
    sure it'll take the guts of a year to get that amazon dispatch centre up & running

Buildings are already up in the rumored location, if they lease em they only have to add the guts. No planning, no consultations. Might be faster than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

ED E wrote: »
    Buildings are already up in the rumored location, if they lease em they only have to add the guts. No planning, no consultations. Might be faster than you think.

For sure.. this is Amazon after all. Resources to make it happen ASAP won't be a problem.

July will do, I'm quite happy to take advantage of the VAT situation until then. I have a sneaking suspicion that prices from .IE will never be as cheap as .UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I wonder will they sell alcohol in the new Irish center when it's up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

I wonder if they’d introduce Amazon Fresh here if they’re going to have a proper infrastructure in place.

Friend of mine uses it all the time in the US and another occasionally in the U.K. and both praise it very highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Nothing picked in Ireland yet, the label on your box will have where it was shipped from using these codes.

United KingdomEnglandRugeley (BHX1)
    CambridgeCoalville (BHX2)
    Daventry (BHX3)
    Coventry (BHX4)
    Rugby (BHX5)
    Redditch (BHX6)
    Bristol (BRS1)
    Stoke-on-Trent (CST9, DST1)Banbury, 
    Oxfordshire (DOX2)
    Kegworth (EMA1)
    Mansfield (EMA2)
    Peterborough (EUK5)
    Doncaster (LBA1, LBA2, LBA3, LBA4)
    Tilbury (LCY2)
    Rochester, Kent (LCY8)
    Ridgmont, Milton Keynes (LTN1)
    HemelHempstead (LTN2)
    Dunstable (LTN4)
    Manchester (MAN1)
    Warrington (MAN2)
    Bolton (MAN3)
    Chesterfield(MAN4)
    Haydock (MAN8)
    Darlington (MME1)
    Bowburn, Durham (MME2)
    ScotlandDunfermline (EDI4)
    Gourock (GLA1)
    WalesCrymlyn Burrows, Swansea (CWL1)[174][175][176]

I like how the codes they use are the closest airport (e.g. Bolton is Manchester, Darlington is Teeside).

Fun fact: I worked for Amazon Customer Service back in 2009, and there were 4 fulfilment centres in UK. I think it was Cardiff, Glasgow, Edinburgh and there was 2 centres in one of those cities. Mad how much it's grown...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I wonder will they sell alcohol in the new Irish center when it's up and running
    OU812 wrote: »
    I wonder if they’d introduce Amazon Fresh here if they’re going to have a proper infrastructure in place.

Friend of mine uses it all the time in the US and another occasionally in the U.K. and both praise it very highly.

I can imagine the VFI, and the likes of Dunnes and Supervalu strongly objecting to that unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

oh yes!

Advertisement