Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I take it that voucher can only be used on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

bondja80 wrote: »
    Silicone Kitchen Utensil Set - 8 pcs for 5.37e.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FMJFX93?smid=A3U30R2Y0W1AO7

I get a "Sorry, you are not eligible for this voucher". Are there particular T&Cs that I'm not aware of?

I get a "Sorry, you are not eligible for this voucher". Are there particular T&Cs that I'm not aware of?

Voucher has ended I think.

Edit: Maybe not, still appears in incognito.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Voucher has ended I think.

Edit: Maybe not, still appears in incognito.

Voucher is gone for me in both regular and incognito, missed that one. Great deal though

duffman13 wrote: »
    Voucher is gone for me in both regular and incognito, missed that one. Great deal though

Yep, gone in incognito for me now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

ando wrote: »
    Don’t need them, but oh so cheap, proper bargain... RESIST!!!!!! Can’t keep buying stuff I don’t need!!!! SOLD

If it makes you feel any better, the offer had expired, but I found another set I didn't NEED and bought them FML

14.97 euro.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071DZFQ3B?
    psc=1&smid=A3G751PYK8M98N&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

Yep, gone in incognito for me now too.

A voucher back for 10 pounds, just appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

£6.66 with the new voucher applied, still a great price. Bought it...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ordered 2 hard drives from Amazon DE and arrived during the week a day later than expected. Just got a mail (without me asking as it wasn't a big deal to me) saying they're refunding me the 9.99 shipping.

There's a lot of companies could learn from that level of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Ordered 2 hard drives from Amazon DE and arrived during the week a day later than expected. Just got a mail (without me asking as it wasn't a big deal to me) saying they're refunding me the 9.99 shipping.

Wow. And only a day late too. That's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,032 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My wife ordered these decaf tea bags (good price btw) but vat wasnt removed. Anyone know why or what date does vat become payable again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I think tea is 0% rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

muffler wrote: »
    My wife ordered these decaf tea bags (good price btw) but vat wasnt removed. Anyone know why or what date does vat become payable again?

I drink decaf tea from Lidl must double check the price but think its much much cheaper than that. I have had some decaf tea from Lidl that seemed very weak but its been fine this year so far.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I drink decaf tea from Lidl must double check the price but think its much much cheaper than that. I have had some decaf tea from Lidl that seemed very weak but its been fine this year so far.

I drink decaf from Lidl too but I haven't been able to get it in my local store for months last price I remember was €1.89 for 80. Must be something to do with Brexit because Tesco don't have it either, I'll try these Tetley ones, seems a decent price.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I drink decaf from Lidl too but I haven't been able to get it in my local store for months. Must be something to do with Brexit because Tesco don't have it either, I'll try these Tetley ones, seems a decent price.

You can blame me, whenever it is in stock I buy at least 4 packs of it :o

Edit> Not a cheap as I thought? So €10.40 v £10.82 so only slightly cheaper in Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

You can blame me, whenever it is in stock I buy at least 4 packs of it :o

Edit> Not a cheap as I thought? So €10.40 v £10.82 so only slightly cheaper in Lidl

Not cheaper if you can't get them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Wheety wrote: »
    Wow. And only a day late too. That's great.

Yep, especially as the original day was supposed to be Sunday. Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Amazon could learn a lot of things in regards to workers rights and pay to their contractors

USB 3.0 Hub, TechRise 3-Port Data USB Hub with 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Splitter RJ45 LAN Wired Network Converter Extension Compatible with Ultrabook, Notebook, Tablet, Windows XP

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YFLGYZK

Just £4.5 after 60% off voucher

Still not 100% sure why I need one but it is a bargain so ordered anyway :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

There's a lot of companies that could go to the wall from those kind of terms too.

• Advertisement

There's a lot of companies that could go to the wall from those kind of terms too.

But they'd also benefit from good publicity and more customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭positron

I have one of these - which I use with devices that doesn't have a network port, like my laptop (Dell XPS) when I need solid, fast data transfer.

Perhaps this could also work with streaming devices like Firestick etc if it has a USB port but no network port?

positron wrote: »
    I have one of these - which I use with devices that doesn't have a network port, like my laptop (Dell XPS) when I need solid, fast data transfer.

Perhaps this could also work with streaming devices like Firestick etc if it has a USB port but no network port?

It's another gadget for the travel bag (other Bargain alert thread items include a mini router £13.76 at the time). I like to have a variety of ways of connecting up devices, Ethernet to USB will come in handy and no doubt being able to connect a couple of extra USB devices will be useful at some stage.

duffman13 wrote: »

Same for me this morning, it said I wasn't eligible for it but when I went back in just now it applied for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows how to apply the 30% off voucher code for the laptop stand over in the no chat thread. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

muffler wrote: »

The €22 VAT exemption is going away on the 1st July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

freebee23 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows how to apply the 30% off voucher code for the laptop stand over in the no chat thread. Cheers.

AFAIK you go to checkout and enter it in the code box there.

I tried and the code didn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I use it with my laptop to get a direct ethernet connection to my router - so at quiet times I can get 1GB fibre speeds.
    It's another gadget for the travel bag (other Bargain alert thread items include a mini router £13.76 at the time). I like to have a variety of ways of connecting up devices, Ethernet to USB will come in handy and no doubt being able to connect a couple of extra USB devices will be useful at some stage.

What's really useful about this is that it has openVPN built in so you can use it ass a VPN for a smart TV as an example to get US Netflix or the BBC player.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭event

They are great and I love if/when they do that. But it rankles a wee bit when you see the way they treat their staff, especially delivery and warehouse staff. They could dial down the customer service a bit and look after the people they employ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

positron wrote: »

Won't work with the Firestick on its own, you'd need an additional OTG-type cable capable of powering this and the Firestick.

Advertisement