Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Ah lads/ladies, bigger issues to be spending your time on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

I’ve just spent €1.83 on four tubs of cotton buds from the bargains thread, I’m now worried they might be fake!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

93Cab wrote: »
    I’ve just spent €1.83 on four tubs of cotton buds from the bargains thread, I’m now worried they might be fake!

I bought 10 for £ 3.90

Is there a best before date? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Finally a deal! I’ve one day of free prime left and I need deals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Smurts

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Would concur with this and especially for some items in Dealz. Radox shower gel from Dealz for example does not seem to be as concentrated as the same bottle from Tesco. AFAIK the Dealz/Poundworld model is all about sourcing products at their cheapest price anywhere in the EU and then selling them into the UK/Ireland. So a lot of their products are imported from Spain and eastern Europe which might have different formulas for their local markets. Some chocolate might taste different as its for a Spanish market meaning it has extra ingredients in it to stop it melting in a warmer climate.

Anyway I used that knife sharpener that was posted here a few weeks ago. Great little device and it got my main knife so sharp it just flew threw hard veg like carrots and turnips yesterday.

Can you link the sharpener? Missed that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Not 100% sure how good a deal this is do decide for yourselves but I think a 1TB brand name SSD for £67 is fairly good - £68.21 with Irish Tax

Crucial MX500 1 TB CT1000MX500SSD1-Up to 560 MB/s (3D NAND, SATA, 2.5 Inch, Internal SSD), Black

A quick follow up for anyone that got this and wants to clone their current HDD to use this as a primary HDD.

You can download a free version of Acronis True Image for Crucial drives that only works if you are cloning data to a Crucial drive

https://www.acronis.com/en-sg/promotion/CrucialHD-download/?cm_re=ssd-support-_-structured-_-acronis-link

Generic link for all CRucial SSD drive related software and firmware updates https://www.crucial.com/support/ssd-support .

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Just picked up the Xiaomi redmi for £101.84.

At that price I couldn't be bothered trying to negotiate Vodafone again. Had 2 orders cancelled with them last week.

Wife will be happy

Just picked up the Xiaomi redmi for £101.84.

At that price I couldn't be bothered trying to negotiate Vodafone again. Had 2 orders cancelled with them last week.

Wife will be happy

You weren't the only one and of course new phones needs a new case and probably a new bigger SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

You weren't the only one and of course new phones needs a new case and probably a new bigger SD card.

The redmi 8 case fits, not exactly but a temporary measure. Cases cheap enough on amazon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

A case comes in the box folks, it's the gift that keeps on giving. It also has a screen protector on from the factory. delly junior has it a few weeks now and is loving it, so case and protector is mandatory when dealing with teenage fingers.

• Advertisement

delly wrote: »
    A case comes in the box folks, it's the gift that keeps on giving. It also has a screen protector on from the factory. delly junior has it a few weeks now and is loving it, so case and protector is mandatory when dealing with teenage fingers.

There's a particular style of folding case that I like so new phone equals new case but around £6 won't break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Finally a deal! I’ve one day of free prime left and I need deals!!

Open question to the room having read the last dozen or so posts :)

Do we need a "minimum standard" of bargain? When I come to this forum I'm looking for things like mobile deals (handset or plans), discounts on electronics or airfryers (:D ), software bargains etc etc

Does stuff like shower gel or cotton buds really qualify as a bargain when even in local retail they're only a few quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Do we need a "minimum standard" of bargain? When I come to this forum I'm looking for things like mobile deals (handset or plans), discounts on electronics or airfryers (:D ), software bargains etc etc

Does stuff like shower gel or cotton buds really qualify as a bargain when even in local retail they're only a few quid?

I didn’t buy the cotton buds as they are relatively cheap elsewhere and it’s not as if we would go through loads of tubs a year.

The problem with bargains is that they are subjective, and what people tend to buy differs. I don’t think it would be possible to have a minimum standard as a result.

I think you have a point but I suspect it takes enough of someones time moderating the current setup and any system like you suggest is going to require more time spent in moderation and some people seem to like the "Dealz" type bargains.

A bargain is a bargain due to what percentage it is lower than typical prices elsewhere regardless of the low cost of the item in general. There is only like half a dozen deals posted per day in the no chat thread, it's not like the thread is clogged up or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,032 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A bargain is a bargain due to what percentage it is lower than typical prices elsewhere regardless of the low cost of the item in general. There is only like half a dozen deals posted per day in the no chat thread, it's not like the thread is clogged up or anything.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Tha amount of people who think that the various bargain threads should be specifically tailored to them is getting feckin' ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Not at all, for example, I have a mobile and an air fryer so those bargains would be no use to me. But Ear buds I do need. :pac:

I've bought loads of small little bits from here. Amazon can be hard to find deals, so my only complaint about this thread is it is costing me a fortune and the postman hates me.

Not at all, for example, I have a mobile and an air fryer so those bargains would be no use to me. But Ear buds I do need. :pac:

I've bought loads of small little bits from here. Amazon can be hard to find deals, so my only complaint about this thread is it is costing me a fortune and the postman hates me.

As I always point out my postman loves me and all Amazon deliveries. If An Post loose the Amazon work in my area (Waterford) then postal routes will get combined and postmen will loose their jobs. Currently at least 50% of what my postman delivers is Amazon stuff some days he says its more than 75%. If that goes then two routes will be converted into one with the lose of one postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

As I always point out my postman loves me and all Amazon deliveries. If An Post loose the Amazon work in my area (Waterford) then postal routes will get combined and postmen will loose their jobs. Currently at least 50% of what my postman delivers is Amazon stuff some days he says its more than 75%. If that goes then two routes will be converted into one with the lose of one postman.

But there will be someone else doing the deliveries. The parcels won't deliver themselves.

• Advertisement

grogi wrote: »
    But there will be someone else doing the deliveries. The parcels won't deliver themselves.

I think the postman would like to keep his job rather than having to work for a courier company.

Which would you like to do work as postman or for Amazon doing deliveries?

And being out in the country I'd like to keep a good postman that knows were I am rather than getting excuses from couriers who can't be bothered to deliver.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I think this thread started life as VAT free bargains from Amazon. Price has to be under €22 to qualify to be VAT free so that's why you see a lot of shower gels, toilet paper etc. I'm personally fine with any bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

As someone else said, bargains are subjective, personally, I'm happy enough to read through bargains that don't appeal to me to get to the ones that do. No big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

A bargain is a bargain due to what percentage it is lower than typical prices elsewhere regardless of the low cost of the item in general.
    It would make sense to require posters to do a very basic research on the price - that amazon lists something as discounted on deals of the day does not necessarily constitute a real bargain. And deals posted as a link only without any meaningful description (fortunately rare) should be removed.

Otherwise the no chat thread is very good as is, without useless comments plaguing similar threads like e.g. "Didn't need, but bought it. Damn you BA!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Anybody else not seeing the £2 off voucher for the USB-C cables in the no-chat thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

degsie wrote: »
    Anybody else not seeing the £2 off voucher for the USB-C cables in the no-chat thread?

Think it is gone.
    Voucher fuels demand
    Demand burns voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

degsie wrote: »

Think the deal has expired - gone grey on Hot UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

My 6 x 6 packs of Walkers prawn cocktail arrived today and it's just 1 6 pack!

On to customer service as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Asus X540L wrote: »
    My 6 x 6 packs of Walkers prawn cocktail arrived today and it's just 1 6 pack!

On to customer service as we speak

something fishy about that alright.

Advertisement