Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭PreCocious

ablelocks wrote: »
    something fishy about that alright.

At least he's on to the right plaice to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

PreCocious wrote: »
    At least he's on to the right plaice to sort it.

As long as he doesn't get shellfish about it.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

As long as he doesn't get shellfish about it.

You all need to clam down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭Xterminator

im just herring about this offer now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

im just herring about this offer now!

You should tuna in more often and then you won't miss out

• Advertisement

Everyone musseling in on the seafood jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

he just bought them for the halibut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Only 6? Po' boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Quit the codding around with those fish jokes would ye?

I got onto Customer support, your man goes would you like a replacement or a refund? i goes "will it be the full 6x6 this time" and he goes "yeah sure"

So I goes I'll take a replacement and I checked my orders and it looks like they're just shipping out another 6 pack!

I guess I can rinse and repeat until I get my full six 6 packs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Only 6? Po' boy.

Lived in Louisiana...a PoBoy is heavenly! :)

• Advertisement

So they don't your seal of approval :o

Remind us what you paid for you 6 x 6 pack of seafood delight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Nomis21 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08Q345WCB/

4 solar security lights 30.99 euro

Lightening deal at mo, but when you add to basket you dont get it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

So they don't your seal of approval :o

Remind us what you paid for you 6 x 6 pack of seafood delight.

ttthth.png

mad m wrote: »
    Lightening deal at mo, but when you add to basket you dont get it

Too late to be sure now as the lightening deal is 100% claimed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

How come I can't get other Walkers crisps delivered here like post bexit - only the ghastly seafood ones....First world problem I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Post in the bargains thread about a lamp that gives you a £10 voucher if you leave a good review. Those vouchers never materialise in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭positron

I suspected that - Ordered anyway as I always wanted one of those sleek looking lamps with usb charging facility. Alright for under 15 euro, I think, if the quality is decent. Otherwise it will be heading back to Bezozone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Caranica wrote: »
    Post in the bargains thread about a lamp that gives you a £10 voucher if you leave a good review. Those vouchers never materialise in my experience.

I got one recently in exchange for leaving a review for a meat thermometer. However after issuing the voucher they decided my review wasn't quite enthusiastic enough, and kept emailing me asking to update it, and to send a screenshot proving I had done it. Thermometer ended up costing about £2 after the voucher, but not sure it was worth it

I got one recently in exchange for leaving a review for a meat thermometer. However after issuing the voucher they decided my review wasn't quite enthusiastic enough, and kept emailing me asking to update it, and to send a screenshot proving I had done it. Thermometer ended up costing about £2 after the voucher, but not sure it was worth it

So people are now leaving questionable reviews to get vouchers... Have to say thats sad in a epic way.

One of the best things about amazon was you could actually see what people thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Caranica wrote: »

Shouldn't be allowed. Basically buying positive reviews.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

So people are now leaving questionable reviews to get vouchers... Have to say thats sad in a epic way.

One of the best things about amazon was you could actually see what people thought.

I'm fairly sure that I either read or saw something on TV about that practice. I believe it was frowned upon by Amazon as it distorts reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I'm fairly sure that I either read or saw something on TV about that practice. I believe it was frowned upon by Amazon as it distorts reviews.

It has been going on for years in one form or another, I'm not sure if Amazon can or want to do anything about it. Pretty shoddy behaviour really, I would occasionally leave an Amazon review for something which I think is good value or a stinker for something dud, but I have never taken a bribe to do it as I want to give my honest opinion in the same way that I hope others are giving theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I didn't by the way... they gave me the voucher upfront, just wasted their time annoying me after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Marhay70 wrote: »
    It has been going on for years in one form or another, I'm not sure if Amazon can or want to do anything about it. Pretty shoddy behaviour really, I would occasionally leave an Amazon review for something which I think is good value or a stinker for something dud, but I have never taken a bribe to do it as I want to give my honest opinion in the same way that I hope others are giving theirs.

I gave a 5star review for a voucher once, but the product genuinely was worth it. So i ended up paying 1/3 the price for the next one.
    However, Amazon do frown on it and can suspend your account. But it does make you wonder how many reviews are real when looking at something, id say about 50%!

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    I gave a 5star review for a voucher once, but the product genuinely was worth it. So i ended up paying 1/3 the price for the next one.
    However, Amazon do frown on it and can suspend your account. But it does make you wonder how many reviews are real when looking at something, id say about 50%!

Very possible, out of habit I always look at the 4 and 3 start reviews anyway - tend to be more blunt and honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Shouldn't be allowed. Basically buying positive reviews.

I've emailed Amazon about the same thing, different product, and got back something about not allowed to discriminate vendors bla bla...

Basically, Amazon reviews are now less trustworthy than reviews on Aliexpress

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

This has been happening a while now if you search Facebook for Amazon reviews you get lots of groups offering their products for free in return for a 5 star review!!

https://prnt.sc/12iueyf

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

flyandrain wrote: »
    30%OFF on Trampoline Sprinklers
    Multi-code: R5CHAYQR
    Deal price: £13.99
    Valid until 5/31/2021 23:59 PM
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08ZCNP44D
    They cannot be safe?!? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

BaZmO* wrote: »
    They cannot be safe?!? :eek:

Trampolines by their very nature are unsafe....this just adds Dirty Sanchez levels of danger to it all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,491 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Trampolines by their very nature are unsafe....this just adds Dirty Sanchez levels of danger to it all :D

Stephen Donnelly?

Advertisement