Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Stephen Donnelly?

Trampoline issue will be solved by MUP on alcohol. NO need to worry, cueball has it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

This has been happening a while now if you search Facebook for Amazon reviews you get lots of groups offering their products for free in return for a 5 star review!!

https://prnt.sc/12iueyf

On one of the UK consumer programmes last month, there was a talk about reviews on Amazon and they basically said you are wasting your time reading the 5 star reviews as the vast majority of them are fake and written for either a discount of that product or the product for free.
    It's become a pain now that you can't trust most reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I always check the lower reviews to see what problems people have with an item. That usually gives a better perspective as often the issues might be minor or a different expectation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭dodzy

okidoki987 wrote: »
    On one of the UK consumer programmes last month, there was a talk about reviews on Amazon and they basically said you are wasting your time reading the 5 star reviews as the vast majority of them are fake and written for either a discount of that product or the product for free.
    It's become a pain now that you can't trust most reviews.

Just buy what you want. If you don’t like it, return it FOC with their returns label. The reviews an AMZ have been skewed for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

Got my Acacia kitchen utensil set this morning amazing quality for the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

sioda wrote: »
    Got my Acacia kitchen utensil set this morning amazing quality for the price

For less than €8, you can't go wrong. Mine came last week and thought they were great, heaps of spoons though, a slotted spoon, a spoon and an odd-shaped ladle that is actually a spoon.

back up to 20pounds
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08FMJFX93/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

sharpish wrote: »
    For less than €8, you can't go wrong. Mine came last week and thought they were great, heaps of spoons though, a slotted spoon, a spoon and an odd-shaped ladle that is actually a spoon.

back up to 20pounds
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08FMJFX93/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    £6.66 with the discount code

• Registered Users Posts: 46,032 ✭✭✭✭muffler

£6.66 with the discount code
    Where are you seeing that?

Showing at £19.99 for me before the tenner discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

^^^^^

Order Summary
    Items: £16.66
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Total: £16.66
    Promotion Applied: -£10.00
    Order Total: £6.66

They take the promotion off after they take off the VAT - nice of them :)

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

muffler wrote: »

Has it adjusted to remove the UK VAT also? If not that may be where the difference lies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

When you proceed to checkout its 16.66 then 10 comes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,032 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks guys. I thought the tenner came off first followed by the VAT reduction and couldnt get the price figured out. All good now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08613S3TD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Desk Lamp with variable colours, powered by USB only.

I was happy getting this at £16.99 the other day, now its down to £14.22 - thats £11.85 with the vat reduction.

Mine arrived today with a £10 gift voucher if you leave a nice review.

That would make it the grand total of £1.85 for what is a very good lamp.

Item came today and already a return label on it.

The one I got was used with white labels holding the box together, damage to the rear, covered in dust and no cable. So guess I won't be getting my £10 voucher after the honest review I left.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Have you purchased them already? The voucher code can only be used once so therefore if you availed already you won’t see it again

D8-D27-E2-F-B144-4-F6-A-AF8-C-D4-AF7-F63-EE3-E.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Perhaps you've already purchased the set ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Have you purchased them already? The voucher code can only be used once so therefore if you availed already you won’t see it again

D8-D27-E2-F-B144-4-F6-A-AF8-C-D4-AF7-F63-EE3-E.png

I purchased these already and still have the option to purchase again using the £10 voucher. Can't go wrong at that price. Excellent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭positron

Sup08 wrote: »
    Item came today and already a return label on it.

The one I got was used with white labels holding the box together, damage to the rear, covered in dust and no cable. So guess I won't be getting my £10 voucher after the honest review I left.

Mine came today as well - everything looked new. Works fine, not a bad lamp. There's an invite to leave a review for £5 - I did write a review, but will edit once/IF I get and spend the voucher.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

pissed wrote: »
    I purchased these already and still have the option to purchase again using the £10 voucher. Can't go wrong at that price. Excellent quality.

I also purchased them last week, tried to get a second set then and the voucher wasn’t showing, I logged in under my wife’s account and got the second set, but the voucher no longer shows for us both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Got those usb-c cables today. Surprisingly bigger box than I expected! I thought they'd be all short ones! Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Shlippery wrote: »
    Got those usb-c cables today. Surprisingly bigger box than I expected! I thought they'd be all short ones! Great deal.

Arrived for me also today and I too was surprised. The cables are a serious bit of kit and worth the full price let alone the discounted price posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody else noticing the ability to pay for things in 5 monthly installments? I've started to notice it a lot in more expensive things etc. I tested it and it takes it all the way to checkout fine where it seems it would take the first installment etc.

I know Amazon has had this before but I could never to get it to work here, you had to enter credit card details and it would always fail, because of not being UK address/card. It seems different now though. I'm on Prime btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

Corholio wrote: »
    Anybody else noticing the ability to pay for things in 5 monthly installments? I've started to notice it a lot in more expensive things etc. I tested it and it takes it all the way to checkout fine where it seems it would take the first installment etc.

I know Amazon has had this before but I could never to get it to work here, you had to enter credit card details and it would always fail, because of not being UK address/card. It seems different now though. I'm on Prime btw.

New to me, can you link to an item with the monthly option?

Yep, became available to me this time last year, but then disappeared again. It's very selective. I imagine really cryptic eligibility criteria.

I used it for an expensive camera lens at the time and was able to split it over a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

What's the interest rate?

What's the interest rate?

0%, they just divide the price by 5 and you can pay early if you want.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202095050

(think you need a uk address as your 'main' address to be eligible.)

Shlippery wrote: »
    0%, they just divide the price by 5 and you can pay early if you want.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202095050

(think you need a uk address as your 'main' address to be eligible.)

My invoice address is Northern Ireland and my postal address is Cork.

For who asked as an example, this is just one of the many items showing with the installments option.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shark-Corded-Cleaner-Flexology-HZ500UKT/dp/B08GLGJJ81/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=vacuum&qid=1620336386&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMURRRzdNMjA1Q0tKJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODM3MzA3M1NYNjIzR01IWkVOSiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjg0NjUwMlVQVFhHRUwyQU02NSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=#

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

keredern wrote: »
    2 meter HDMI 4K cable - £2.08 Prime

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088CNZJH6/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_glt_fabc_H4YYV2KYFG8R7T317SP6

£1.73 after VAT removal
    anais wrote: »
    Showimg 19.99 for me?

You've got to be quick its was £1.73 but its gone up again.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

My invoice address is Northern Ireland and my postal address is Cork.

How is this achieved? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

marcbrophy wrote: »
    How is this achieved? :)

I am the same. My invoice address is still Parcel Motel in the North. My delivery address is Dublin 5

For me I used Parcel Motel address as the billing address for the card. After that you can use any delivery address you want

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I am the same. My invoice address is still Parcel Motel in the North. My delivery address is Dublin 5

For me I used Parcel Motel address as the billing address for the card. After that you can use any delivery address you want

Yes, exact same for me.

Advertisement