Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Just to confirm the no tax for most stuff less than roughly £20 ends July 1st?
    Rumours that prime day could be in June, be handy for us to get some bargains if so.

Just to confirm the no tax for most stuff less than roughly £20 ends July 1st?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is there a simple calculator for working out exactly what you'll be liable for, tax/import duty/VAT/etc. for purchases over £200 from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Is there a simple calculator for working out exactly what you'll be liable for, tax/import duty/VAT/etc. for purchases over £200 from the UK?

Just add the item to your basket and go to the checkout. If you don't like the price cancel it.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Not for me? Until I choose Frustration Free Packaging which is https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077SF8KMG

Thanks for that - bargain back on. Have updated the no chat thread too.

• Advertisement

colhickey wrote: »
    Thanks for that - bargain back on. Have updated the no chat thread too.

Its a good SSD, now my system drive on my desktop here.

The other great part of the deal they are too stupid to mention on Amazon is that there is free software Acronis True Image you can download to clone the dive.

https://www.acronis.com/en-sg/promotion/CrucialHD-download/?cm_re=ssd-support-_-structured-_-acronis-link

Only works for Crucial hard drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭go4it

regarding the Govee humidity sensor from no-chat thread - this must be a newer model.
    I got an older model few months back ( shows min/max temp-humidity over 24 h) i could connect it with the govee app through bluetooth, but couldn't find a way/app to connect it to rasp pi bluetooth, for monitoring/data log

also, i had 2 units in 2 rooms, and couldn't tell witch one i connect to : there's no password/privacy ( anyone with govee app can connect to it and download data stored )

• Registered Users Posts: 46,031 ✭✭✭✭muffler

go4it wrote: »
    regarding the Govee humidity sensor from no-chat thread - this must be a newer model.
    I got an older model few months back ( shows min/max temp-humidity over 24 h) i could connect it with the govee app through bluetooth, but couldn't find a way/app to connect it to rasp pi bluetooth, for monitoring/data log

also, i had 2 units in 2 rooms, and couldn't tell witch one i connect to : there's no password/privacy ( anyone with govee app can connect to it and download data stored )
    So your neighbours will know your room temperature? That's worrying :D

Just randomly browsing Amazon like I do every morning and followed this link https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=16410060031&pf_rd_r=R7B21NDECT0CJGA0RWP8 for a page for renewed phones.

Anyway the interesting thing to note is some items have a red label "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location" and was just wondering if this is a trend that Irish customers will see more of?

Just randomly browsing Amazon like I do every morning and followed this link https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=16410060031&pf_rd_r=R7B21NDECT0CJGA0RWP8 for a page for renewed phones.

Anyway the interesting thing to note is some items have a red label "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location" and was just wondering if this is a trend that Irish customers will see more of?

They are not sold nor fulfilled by Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,908 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Trend ? It's been like that across the site since January.

I've stopped buying anything from the UK over 22 bills. And will buy nothing from July tbh.

Majority of my purchases are home grown and EU only.

The UK have costed themselves out.

listermint wrote: »

I've stopped buying anything from the UK over 22 bills. And will buy nothing from July tbh.

The UK have coated themselves out.

My point was that this wasn't on a page for a specific item it was on a page that listed multiple items and it saves looking up itmes that aren't available to Ireland.

I've stopped buying anything from the UK over 22 bills.

Why? It will typically cost you 2.5% (100*1.23/1.2 - 100) more than if you lived in the UK, making almost of the things I buy on Amazon still cheaper than if I bought them in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

The UK have costed themselves out.

That's daft. You're the only one losing out there.

They are not sold nor fulfilled by Amazon.

Not necessarily.

They can be fulfilled by Amazon EU Sarl, but won't ship here.

Soarer wrote: »
    Not necessarily.

They can be fulfilled by Amazon EU Sarl, but won't ship here.

I was referring to the 12 phones that appear in the link.

I was referring to the 12 phones that appear in the link.

I was hoping Amazon would do that for all stuff that won't ship here. I still see plenty of Prime items that become "Currently Unavailable" to an Irish address but are available to a UK address.

Why? It will typically cost you 2.5% (100*1.23/1.2 - 100) more than if you lived in the UK, making almost of the things I buy on Amazon still cheaper than if I bought them in Ireland.

I've yet to find item than I'm looking for cheaper from the UK now with VAT and import added.

I'm unsure how you came up with those savings or why it's daft.

Don't assume I'm buying blindly. They've costed themselves out. The end. I'm not alone in this their exports are down dramatically but sure I'm daft according to some here......

Soarer wrote: »
    That's daft. You're the only one losing out there.

I'm not though.

So, there's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,890 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I've yet to find item than I'm looking for cheaper from the UK now with VAT and import added.

Don't assume I'm buying blindly. They've costed themselves out. The end. I'm not alone in this their exports are down dramatically but sure I'm daft according to some here......

What are you buying? I still find Amazon the cheapest option for many thing, and by far the fastest delivery.

• Advertisement

I just had a quick look through your post history on Bargain Alerts and see that you primarily only post to complain and never contribute bargains alerts of your own.

If you honestly can't find anything cheaper on Amazon than in Ireland (which is absolute drivel), perhaps ignore threads with Amazon in the title rather than begrudging posters who are putting in effort?

Just back from town with a Knapsack sprayer I needed Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Faithfull-SPRAY16AV-Pressure-Sprayer-Knapsack/dp/B001DZOY8K/ £30 but currently not available on Prime and €35 6 miles away in the local builders merchants. A win this time around for local but that doesn't happen too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

You only pay VAT if the item is over €22 (that will change from July), and import duties only kick in for certain items when it's over €150.

So comparing items now to before Brexit:

I just had a quick look through your post history on Bargain Alerts and see that you primarily only post to complain and never contribute bargains alerts of your own.

If you honestly can't find anything cheaper on Amazon than in Ireland (which is absolute drivel), perhaps ignore threads with Amazon in the title rather than begrudging posters who are putting in effort?

I didn't look through your post history because I'm not a weirdo....

I was replying to an original post that was querying why places had not been shipping to Ireland from the UK I explained that's it's been happening since January.

Now just because you are Amazon's biggest fan boy doesn't mean you have to be it's defender on earth and take offence when someone says the UK isn't the source of cheap goods it used to be.

Bizarre behaviour frankly. Bizarre.

And I'd suggest not telling other people what to post.

Can you give us an example?

I find that very hard to believe. Or maybe you're just the unluckiest person on Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,031 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Jesus lads, less of the "my tiddlywink is bigger than your tiddlywink" and more of the chat about the actual bargains. :)

I didn't look through your post history because I'm not a weirdo....

I actually had a quick look to see if I can help you find stuff that you might be looking for. But like I said, all I saw was you complaining.

And I'm not Amazon's biggest fan boy. I am a fan of finding the best deals for myself and as well as others on Boards. Perhaps give contributing to the forum a go sometime.

If you instead want to claim that Amazon is not as cheap as it used to be, prove it. I can quite easily use Keepa and the likes to show that that opinion is in fact incorrect and that the most commonly bought products on Amazon, and others, are still as cheap as they ever were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

So I understand prime day 2021 will be next month.

Anyone have a clue of dates? Using free prime trial now and will keep for prime day if its in June.

Will scrap then as use for the sub 22 which I understand ends in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

So I understand prime day 2021 will be next month.

Anyone have a clue of dates? Using free prime trial now and will keep for prime day if its in June.

Will scrap then as use for the sub 22 which I understand ends in July.

Rumblings of June 21-23ish time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Julez wrote: »
    Rumblings of June 21-23ish time.

Does the vat change on July 1st affect orders placed before July 1st or deliveries before July 1st? Hoping prime day isn't too close to end of month...

Advertisement