Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Sup08 wrote: »
    Anybody else buy this and the price went up to 4.52 and then 3.60 at checkout

Just bought it and price dropped to 2.62 as per post for me, may be limited numbers and have a rising price scale.

Price at checkout always drops as the UK vat comes off

Have to say - didn't need it, just couldn't resist haha - f'ing prime

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Sup08 wrote: »
    Anybody else buy this and the price went up to 4.52 and then 3.60 at checkout

Bought it and at checkout it was £2.62 :D

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Smurts wrote: »
    Mine is a camera, have been saving for a while and keeping an eye on it, just over 1k, it is in stock and I'm a prime member, but they keep taking the order and cancelling it 48 hours later. Their customer service is useless, cant give any explanation. Cant figure it out.

Is your payment failing? I bought a camera of Amazon.it recently and my payment failed as they actually went to charge my card a few days after I ordered and it failed Visa verification (it popping up in the Revolut app and me confirming), I just "changed" my payment to the same card and I got the Visa challenge at the time of changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

Bought it and at checkout it was £2.62 :D

It went up for me and then back to 3.60. Even now its gone back to 5.63 and rises to 6.19 when I add it to my basket. Strange one.

Anyway still bought for 3.60, great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Smurts

Yea thpught it was an authorisation issue so spoke to the bank and they said they hadnt received any request from Amazon for payment. Then I transferred it and tried it with my Revolut and it was verified straight away but again the order just stayed in 'delivery date pending'. So not sure, will see what the next 48 hours brings

• Advertisement

Yea thpught it was an authorisation issue so spoke to the bank and they said they hadnt received any request from Amazon for payment. Then I transferred it and tried it with my Revolut and it was verified straight away but again the order just stayed in 'delivery date pending'. So not sure, will see what the next 48 hours brings

I've got something delivery date pending and my understanding is that comes from the fulfillment center. They get the order and if it doesn't tick all their boxes it goes straight away to delivery pending. Chat will probably tell you its stuck in the system and to cancel and reorder. Just keep on at them and keep track of all the excuses. I've been chasing them for a month now over one item and it seems to be paying off as they have said it should be dispatched today (fingers crossed). On to chat 5 times :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

If I ship something to my friend in the North, and he then ships it to me can I avoid paying import duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

keano25 wrote:
    If I ship something to my friend in the North, and he then ships it to me can I avoid paying import duty?

No. The could attempt to avoid declaring what it actually is but that can't be discussed here.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Because they might be selling to 27 EU Member Sates and it is is easier to code one generic name than 27??

I don't know much about the behind the scenes stuff. The system can seem to recognise an Irish address though. Not sure what kind of work it would take to relabel import fees to describe the sales tax of whatever country you're buying from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

From hotukdeals know some younger kids that might like this, needs space and smooth laminate type floors.

Mr Bucket Game from Ideal £4.21 at checkout

Batteries not included :P

Minimum order is 2.

• Advertisement

Minimum order is 2.

Stopped me in my tracks haha

• Registered Users Posts: 43,877 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Minimum order is 2.
    This minimum order stuff is a farce.

.. I ordered 2 of something (when there was a minimum) and then just returned one to Amazon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Minimum order is 2.

Luckily I've two siblings with kids I haven't seen in months so "I'm back" gifts sorted

Minimum order is 2.

Only 225 shopping days to Christmas :D

I still have the tab open in Chrome for the order for the price from when I posted and it doesn't say that for me but when I cancelled that and try again it does indeed say minimum order 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Smurts

I've got something delivery date pending and my understanding is that comes from the fulfillment center. They get the order and if it doesn't tick all their boxes it goes straight away to delivery pending. Chat will probably tell you its stuck in the system and to cancel and reorder. Just keep on at them and keep track of all the excuses. I've been chasing them for a month now over one item and it seems to be paying off as they have said it should be dispatched today (fingers crossed). On to chat 5 times :mad:

Let me know how you get on! ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

Girls Ballet Dancing Athletic Leotard Practice Costume
    Deal price: £2.08
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081CF837T

Winter Kids Padded Coat Parka Down Coats
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YFP6CQB
    Deal price: £4.21

Women's Tops Sweatshirts Knit Pullover Shirt Jumper Blouse
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XKZHV3X
    Deal price: £3.58

Children Fleece Dressing Gown Boys Girls Bathrobe
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YFP6CQB
    Deal price: £4.7

Let me know how you get on! ðŸ‘

Took a month, dispatched only an hour ago. I've an email from a chat rep that states "this item is not available at the price displayed during the validation of your order". 4 reps escalated the case :rolleyes: and I was given all sorts of stories, being told to cancel and reorder was a common theme. Price has gone up since I ordered and one rep said I needed to cancel and reorder and when it was delivered they'd refund the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

keano25 wrote: »

If you are asking about buying something on amazon but sending it to your friend in the North, won't Amazon charge you UK vat rate? As they are sending it to somewhere in the UK?

I was thinking of VAT not customs duties. There is no customs taxes between Northern Ireland and Rep of Ireland because of the Good Friday Agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

timple23 wrote: »
    If you are asking about buying something on amazon but sending it to your friend in the North, won't Amazon charge you UK vat rate? As they are sending it to somewhere in the UK?

I was thinking of VAT not customs duties. There is no customs taxes between Northern Ireland and Rep of Ireland because of the Good Friday Agreement.

So basically ship item from UK to friend in North. Friend in North forwards on to me and I will not have to pay Customs Duty or VAT.

So basically ship item from UK to friend in North. Friend in North forwards on to me and I will not have to pay Customs Duty or VAT.

Unless anyone can explain otherwise the North is part of the UK?

In which case they pay UK VAT so you pay the listed price on Amazon.

Try creating an address for Northern Ireland. You can't choice is UK or Ireland, Republic of.

Any saving wouldn't be worth the petrol, time and effort or postage for getting the stuff delivered to you.

The only advantage I can see at all is for items that can't be delivered to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

There will be UK VAT as normal. There is no duty when sending from NI to RoI

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

RossieMan wrote: »
    No. The could attempt to avoid declaring what it actually is but that can't be discussed here.

Had a, parcel sent to a friend in the UK. They marked it gift and sent it addresspal. I got a request for the invoice and a customs bill.

Just got this email
    Additional information on this offer can be found here.

Congratulations! Your recent PC Gaming Accessory order entitles you to get 40% off Xbox Game Pass for PC.

How to redeem your code to purchase an Xbox Game Pass for PC (3 Month Membership) for only £14.39 (instead of £23.99):
    Go to the Xbox Game Pass for PC detail page - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08F85ZJJY
    Click on 'Place Order' or 'Add to Basket'
    At checkout, enter the promotional claim code in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box.
    Complete your purchase within fourteen days of receiving this email.
    The savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page.
    This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.co.uk

No idea what I ordered that qualified for it and not something I'll use so if its a worthwhile offer first person to PM me is welcome to the code.

Just found it, it was the logitech cordless mouse I ordered that was in the no chat thread.

Amazon music trial requires a UK address.

In amazon.co.uk - account - device & content - preferences - change address (use any UK shop address and phone number)

Then order and just change address back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Amazon music trial requires a UK address.

In amazon.co.uk - account - device & content - preferences - change address (use any UK shop address and phone number)

Then order and just change address back.

This is what I get no matter what address I use.....:confused:

553086.JPG

kaizersoze wrote: »
    This is what I get no matter what address I use.....:confused:

553086.JPG

In that case revolut will be the only answer

^^^^^
    When I tried just to see what was going on I got
    Payment method does not match country
    Pick a different country or add a payment method with a billing address in United States.

But when I click the button to continue anyway it takes me to the Sign Up and Pay button with nothing I can see to stop me from continuing?

Just noticed the original link in the Bargain Alert took me to an Amazon.com address?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

Netac 256G USB Stick £11.66 at checkout.

Thats UK VAT removed then a £5 promotion out of nowhere?

Buyer beware do the usual due diligence as its a brand I've never heard of.

Ordered one of these and sure if its not what it seems to be then it can be returned free. Worth a punt as they have an amazon store with plenty of similar items with "Good Reviews".

The discount is a 30% discount added at checkout, see pic.

What in particular was the update to the OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

To the no chat thread? Referral links I presume

Advertisement