Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

What in particular was the update to the OP?

And I think allowing *important* updates in the No Chat thread if that was the question.

The changes could have been highlighted as changes.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

I purchased an item off Amazon and it arrived damaged. Asked for a replacement to be sent and return the first order. Replacement arrived before I had went to return damaged item. Went to try print label on website, couldn't find link, went onto chat, chat said we received your return. I guess I don't have to send anything back?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,031 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Did they tell you to keep the item? The answer to that question will dictate your next move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

muffler wrote: »
    Did they tell you to keep the item? The answer to that question will dictate your next move.

Select the item that you need help with.
    10:49 AM

10:49 AM
    Messaging Assistant | Customer Service
    We have received this item. Thanks for returning it.
    Please give us 5-7 business days to credit your money back to you.

This is the auto response from the chat.

Unless they specifically told you to keep the item then it has to be returned.

• Advertisement

From the other thread ...
    roro1990 wrote: »
    ^ Pathetic rule update. You can shove your bargain alerts up your uptight arses. As if people posting referral links earn more than a few cents per day for going out of their way and taking time to help people find good deals. Jesus. Typical money-grabbing behavior from Internet policemen. Toodles.

Nice to see people admitting that they are making money out of posting referral links. Not very nice people either it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

muffler wrote: »
    From the other thread ...

Nice to see people admitting that they are making money out of posting referral links. Not very nice people either it seems.

There were a lot of referral links in that thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Lot of chat in the no chat thread all of a sudden... Sounds like someone may have a vested interest I keeping referral links...

In a more general sense, do people really spend ages on amazon searching for deals? I always assumed the bargains posted here were things people stumbled across or spotted on other forums/hukd?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I'd nearly give that person 2.50 to piss off and whinge elsewhere, but I suspect a mod will do it for free shortly

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

That poster seems very, eh, confused.

• Advertisement

I think its absolutely disgusting that people would make use of Boards members in order to gain financially. We are supposed to be a community and while most of us give up our time, to look for and post up bargains so others can benefit, there is the limited few that do so only for personal financial gain.

The "no chat" thread is riddled with posts containing referral links all posted repeatedly by the same people.

Poor guy doesn't realise that referral links haven't been allowed in years and Boards has used affiliate links for years.

He's just further highlighting that he doesn't read charters or stickies and is digging himself a bigger hole.

"And there we have it..." No, there you have that. The rest of us already knew these things as we read the charters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭John mac

John mac wrote: »

I think it has to have "?tag=" within it, otherwise it's fine. Open to correction.

John mac wrote: »

I always edit the links for Amazon. When you go to a item listing the URL has a load of garbage in it probably relating to Amazon tracking what you are viewing on their site?

Your link in full looks like this...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Crystal-Decorative-Lighting-Festival/dp/B07QN41XVB?ref=deals_deals_deals-grid_slot-15_2f77_dt_dcell_tlt_2_36a0b701

but can be posted as ...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Crystal-Decorative-Lighting-Festival/dp/B07QN41XVB

ie https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Crystal-Decorative-Lighting-Festival/dp/B07QN41XVB

Just copy and paste the link starting at the left up until the question mark (which you can leave out).
    [U]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Crystal-Decorative-Lighting-Festival/dp/B07QN41XVB[/U]?ref=deals_deals_deals-grid_slot-15_2f77_dt_dcell_tlt_2_36a0b701

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Have to say I’ve always just copied and pasted the search bar url into boards posts.

Should I be doing something different?

Gumbo wrote: »
    Have to say I’ve always just copied and pasted the search bar url into boards posts.

Should I be doing something different?

You don't have to. I'm just old fashioned back from an age when bandwidth mattered :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

How has this fella not been banned yet? Spamming 2 threads with absolute tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Unsure if it's a bargain, but some people might make use of it...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QT8F5QC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_NHEY6C926257DHQ5N689

RossieMan wrote: »
    How has this fella not been banned yet? Spamming 2 threads with absolute tripe.

Given enough rope he'll hang himself, seems to be doing a good job.

No one is going to be wondering why he was banned when it eventually happens.

• Advertisement

Literally couldn't give a flying **** if I get banned or not. The moderators that all you sad middle-aged incels idolise are probably too busy figuring out ways to earn more money from this site.

Mods are volunteers as has been pointed out to you several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Literally couldn't give a flying **** if I get banned or not. The moderators that all you sad middle-aged incels idolise are probably too busy figuring out ways to earn more money from this site.

Take this garbage to the Amazon No Chat thread?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

If you're going to keep perpetuating nonsense, then at least have some evidence to back it up. I've already told you that mods don't make any money from Boards, so all you're doing now is telling lies and insulting people.

Fair enough. Then you can correct my comment to say "too busy enforcing unnecessary rules to exert feelings of power over randomers". Whether a bargain was from a referral link or not made absolutely zero negative difference at all to the quality of the thread. Very often, such posts benefitted people with deals they wouldn't otherwise have found. The conclusion? Let's ban people from posting referral links despite it having zero bad impact on the thread. Sounds sensible and not motivated at all by money or power.

You clearly don't know how Boards works or how they can manage to pay for hosting, the domain etc. I'd highly recommend having a quick look at the charter before you post more incorrect drivel.

How Boards pays for hosting has the square root of **** all to do with posting links on a thread. Calling something drivel because you don't understand the point doesn't make it drivel; it makes you another faux-offended idiot.

I’d like to subscribe to your newsletter

How Boards pays for hosting has the square root of **** all to do with posting links on a thread.

No, it actually has a lot to do with how it pays for hosting. One source of income for Boards is Skimlinks. If you use your own affiliate links rather than Boards own affiliate links, then that's less money for Boards to pay for hosting etc.

Again, you would know this if you had read the charter. But you are still in full on Karen rant mode rather than trying to figure out why you are wrong, so you haven't.

Anyway, I'll let the rest of you snidey ****ebags get on with moaning to each other because someone stood up to a money-grabbing exercise. Do continue expecting to get everything for free in life.

The real irony is you calling the banning of links a money-grabbing exercise. But your posting of referral links is a…….

Also, why is it only a problem now that referral links are being posted? The thread they were banned from was littered with them from page one.

It is not only a problem now, referral links are always removed. Anytime a referral link is posted, it is deleted as long as someone has reported it. Mods do not have the time to open and read every link that is posted. They are volunteers after all.
    Do continue expecting to get everything for free in life.

Don't worry, there are plenty of people like myself who have been posting deals in this forum for over a decade without expecting anything in return. Some people just like to be helpful for the sake of it, I guess you're not one of those people.

Absolutely not. And you should be ****ing embarrassed you are one of those people. Imagine giving away your time for free for a few likes and upvotes on an anonymous forum. Talk about a sad waste of space.

Have you considered that people are not doing it for those reasons?

You've never done an hour of volunteer work in your life have you?

• Advertisement

So my original point that people were so quick to refute is that the banning of referral links is a decision solely motivated by money. Thanks for confirming that. Also, why is it only a problem now that referral links are being posted? The thread they were banned from was littered with them from page one.

Anyway, I'll let the rest of you snidey ****ebags get on with moaning to each other because someone stood up to a money-grabbing exercise. Do continue expecting to get everything for free in life.
    Would You have a referral link for a shovel? You will need one for that big hole you are digging. :)

Advertisement