Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

I'd steer clear of both. McAfee was so bad at one stage that you needed to download extra software to uninstall it.

The same was true for Norton, I know someone made a living just removing it and giving people a free upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nemefuria

vicwatson wrote: »
    NB - that’s an anti bacterial hand sanitiser, won’t kill covid 19

Not true. 75% alcohol in that hand gel would work against both bacteria and viruses, similarly soap would do the same.

Having said that, 10c for 60ml does sound suspiciously cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

vicwatson wrote: »
    NB - that’s an anti bacterial hand sanitiser, won’t kill covid 19

How in the name of Christ could you go through the last year and not know that alcohol will kill viruses?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

nemefuria wrote: »
    Not true. 75% alcohol in that hand gel would work against both bacteria and viruses, similarly soap would do the same.

How in the name of Christ could you go through the last year and not know that alcohol will kill viruses?

You're quite right of course but a (very) vaguely related fact, alcohol hand gel doesn't kill C.difficile. So if you're ever unfortunate enough to come into contact with that delightful bacteria, soap and hot water is the only thing that works.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Did anyone else see the name of the brand of hand sanitizer and think of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

nemefuria wrote: »

Anyone worried that it's too cheap can get 8 of the 12 packs at £7.99 each instead. Reassuringly expensive ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

£8.32 for those bottles of hand sanitizer - cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

When you're stuck like glue...
    Nomis21 wrote: »

When you're black and blue...
    Nomis21 wrote: »

La la la la la la la la la la!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ibrahimovic

How come my link for the hand sanitiser was removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

PM a mod, I'd say, for a definite answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08MV32BG1?tag=lates05-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

So assume you accidentally posted a referal link?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

So assume you accidentally posted a referal link?

Thanks for that. I cancelled my order, and reordered on a different device with a clean link.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,030 ✭✭✭✭muffler

How come most of your posts contain affiliate links?

muffler wrote: »

Which most posts would these be? Looking back there only seems to have been the one?

He obviously slipped up by posting at least 6 other bargain alerts without any referral links.

Sorry genuinely had no idea they did. At least I know what affiliate links look like now, but not really motivated posting any more if this is the attitude on here. Found about half the deals myself, and half on either hotukdeals or latestdeals ad just copied and pasted.

Just seen the pm warning now. That fair enough I was given a warning. I genuinely had no idea.

Which most posts would these be? Looking back there only seems to have been the one?

He obviously slipped up by posting at least 6 other bargain alerts without any referral links.
    No slip up. You dont see them now because the forum mods either removed the link or maybe the entire posts. I personally reported at least 3 so it wasnt a one off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,017 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't understand the difference but I'm assuming it's OK to copy and paste a link directly from the amazon website itself? These will be all clean links?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Deal from No Chat thread but gone already.

How do I figure out how long that deal was there for?

Morphy Richards 461014 Sear & Stew 6.5 Litre Aluminium Slow Cooker, One-Pot Solution

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087GSDDQF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_G4W8W7TSWWPCVKQ821X1

£16.68

Probably found here first

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/morphy-richards-sear-stew-65-litre-aluminium-slow-cooker-at-amazon-3729412

so didn't last long.

• Advertisement

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B087GSDDQF

Our price in Ireland was lower as tax was removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Most of his posts? Just because you found three doesn't warrant the hostility to a member who contributes numerous good quality bargains to this thread.

No slip up. You dont see them now because the forum mods either removed the link or maybe the entire posts. I personally reported at least 3 so it wasnt a one off.

So who benefited from the one confirmed referral link?

The tag was
    tag=lates05-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Google that and you'll get to Latest Deals UK quick enough.

Try a few of their links to Amazon and all their deals have the same tag.

So unless ibrahimovic owns Latest Deals UK I would suspect he just accidentally copied and pasted the link.

You see what you want to see. I have already confirmed that he posted up at least 3 affiliate links so there's no such thing as "poor me, I made a mistake"

So who benefited from the one confirmed referral link?

The tag was
    tag=lates05-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Google that and you'll get to Latest Deals UK quick enough.

Try a few of their links to Amazon and all their deals have the same tag.

So unless ibrahimovic owns Latest Deals UK I would suspect he just accidentally copied and pasted the link.

Appreciate that! Quite irritating being accused of something you had no intention of doing, would be a weird motivation for me to purposefully post affiliates links from other sites.

I do have to take some responsibility though as no referral links is clearly in the thread title and I never pay attention to notifications to check pms and I did get a warning. I was wondering why a few of my posts were getting edited.

I'll keep chipping into the thread with deals until July 1st.

You see what you want to see. "

The same could be said for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Offs, just write a one line regex that cleans those Amazon links before posting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Just a heads up to be wary of a phishing scam e-mail doing the rounds at the moment purporting to be from Amazon and citing account problems.
    My suspicions were aroused when it arrived to an e-mail address Amazon don't have access to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭John mac

i got that too , if you look at the senders address its not amazon ..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Those tow floats in thr no chat thread and a good deal, I bought mine last year and swam all the way through winter and it's still going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

John mac wrote: »
    i got that too , if you look at the senders address its not amazon ..

Yeah, it's a poor effort but with so many people on a feeding frenzy on Amazon at the moment, someone might fall for it.

Advertisement