Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

muffler wrote: »
    15 month subscription to Microsoft 365 for up to 6 users including 15 months of Norton av ... £48.99. Its a download so apart from VAT there shouldnt be any import duties as such

How are people managing to order this. I can't order due to 'geographical restrictions'. I have tried my own ROI address and Parcel Motel address in NI.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I managed to order it fine, but my default Amazon address is UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

bifl wrote: »
    How are people managing to order this. I can't order due to 'geographical restrictions'. I have tried my own ROI address and Parcel Motel address in NI.

I didn't complete the purchase but no problem with my Irish address.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Bought the unicorn mould and paint set I think from the other thread and recieved a similar unicorn tile painting thing.

The mould set has increased in price and the tile painting thing is cheaper, but I only get the option of returning for a refund, I'll probably just keep it as my daughter is off school today and it's something to do!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NDVS8MX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_0XFDVFZRY41VBPV74ESN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

There's a 3rd party PS4 controller with a 40% off coupon here, but the import fees are being added on before the discount, adding ~£6 to the total price. I'm fairly sure I've seen similar discounts bring the price below the import threshold on other items. Have they changed it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

Sappy404 wrote: »
    There's a 3rd party PS4 controller with a 40% off coupon here, but the import fees are being added on before the discount, adding ~£6 to the total price. I'm fairly sure I've seen similar discounts bring the price below the import threshold on other items. Have they changed it?

I thought I had this figured out, now I don't know. Most of my amazon purchases have UK VAT reduced and then Irish VAT or import levies applied. A recent purchase showed the following:

Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal:£24.98
    Postage & Packing:£0.00
    Total Before VAT:£24.98
    VAT:£0.00
    Total:£24.98
    Promotion Applied:-£4.00
    Import Fees Deposit£5.75
    Grand Total:£26.73

No UK VAT reduction and then Irish VAT (23%) applied? This is for a small electrical item

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭Xterminator

wait4me wrote: »
    I thought I had this figured out, now I don't know. Most of my amazon purchases have UK VAT reduced and then Irish VAT or import levies applied. A recent purchase showed the following:

Order Summary

Import Fees Deposit£5.75

No UK VAT reduction and then Irish VAT (23%) applied? This is for a small electrical item

So no uk vat applied. cant get a reduction on 0 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal:£24.98
    Postage & Packing:£0.00
    Total Before VAT:£24.98
    Total:£24.98
    Promotion Applied:-£4.00
    Import Fees Deposit£5.75

It can depend on the seller (even if fulfilled by Amazon) if the seller doesn't normally do a VAT breakdown on the invoice then they don't take it off when supplying to Ireland.

That said with some items with the same seller VAT gets taken off some and not others - on items that normally attract UK VAT.

If its fulfilled by Amazon then Amazon won't do anything about it but you can sometimes get the VAT back from the seller.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

So no uk vat applied. cant get a reduction on 0 ?

Fair enough. But I always thought amazon quoted prices VAT included?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Fair enough. But I always thought amazon quoted prices VAT included?

Some items 0 rated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 shazaam

You see what you want to see. I have already confirmed that he posted up at least 3 affiliate links so there's no such thing as "poor me, I made a mistake"

Some good hat-making material for you here:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FRI8N36

• Registered Users Posts: 46,030 ✭✭✭✭muffler

shazaam wrote: »
    Some good hat-making material for you here:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FRI8N36
    Im surprised you havent included an affiliate link like you did in a couple of your previous posts :)

Im surprised you havent included an affiliate link like you did in a couple of your previous posts :)

Good lord, no. I wouldn't spoil your lovely hats with the nasty Bill Gates/5G affiliate codes. Let us kneel and pray to St Jeff Bezos to protect us from such evils! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Placed order Saturday around 12, delivered this morning by An Post, are they now storing Items in Ireland? I'm out in the countryside too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

grogi wrote: »
    Offs, just write a one line regex that cleans those Amazon links before posting...

Here you go:
    https:\/.*[\.\/](amazon\.(?:co\.uk|com|de|fr|es|in|nl))\/.*\/(?:dp\/|product\/)([A-Z0-9]{10}).*

replace with
    and add whatever tags boards need...

There are a few corner cases that might not get caught, but generally good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Surely it should be replacing it with the boards.ie affiliate code? :)

I dont understand the affiliate linking system with Amazon. I have an associate account for my YouTube channel and when I copy a link from the app I get the option of copying the affiliate link or not, but even when I click not, like I did with the link in my previous post, it still has a "ref" param in the URL

When I do click affiliate links, it's a "amzn.to" link

I dont understand the affiliate linking system with Amazon. I have an associate account for my YouTube channel and when I copy a link from the app I get the option of copying the affiliate link or not, but even when I click not, like I did with the link in my previous post, it still has a "ref" param in the URL

When I do click affiliate links, it's a "amzn.to" link

The amzn.to is a bitly link

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Nivea Gift Pack, 5 normal sized products in gift box which retails for approx 15 to 17 pounds, currently In Warehouse for 4.39 and 4.64 in Good and Very Good Condition respectively.
    Less than 4 pounds for each Gift Pack with Vat reduction!
    Opened products but the Very Good condition ones I ordered just have the gift box torn, items were 100%.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08F8QQTKJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2OAJ7377F756P&psc=1

Nivea Gift Pack, 5 normal sized products in gift box which retails for approx 15 to 17 pounds, currently In Warehouse for 4.39 and 4.64 in Good and Very Good Condition respectively.
    Less than 4 pounds for each Gift Pack with Vat reduction!
    Opened products but the Very Good condition ones I ordered just have the gift box torn, items were 100%.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08F8QQTKJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2OAJ7377F756P&psc=1

I thought you couldn't ship products with aerosol cans?

• Advertisement

shazaam wrote: »
    I thought you couldn't ship products with aerosol cans?

I'm fairly sure that ship can't ship is a box ticking exercise. If the person filling in Amazons forms for selling something didn't know An Post won't take aerosol cans then there is no restriction. They might not even realise that there is an aerosol in the pack or that their product would be sent to Ireland. Then again some sellers are just out to sell as much stuff as possible so don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

timple23 wrote: »
    Placed order Saturday around 12, delivered this morning by An Post, are they now storing Items in Ireland? I'm out in the countryside too.

I think Amazon has just gotten used to the Pandemic now.
    When it started sales with Amazon must have went through the roof and there was significant delays.

It's nice and fast now.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    I think Amazon has just gotten used to the Pandemic now.
    When it started sales with Amazon must have went through the roof and there was significant delays.

It's nice and fast now.

Think sales have also dropped off a good bit postman reckons he's delivering far less Amazon stuff the last couple of weeks since the shops opened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Those Kitchen Utensil's everyone seemed to love on here are £4.66 for us now after adding £12 voucher

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08FMJFX93/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A3U30R2Y0W1AO7&psc=1

These arrived for me today and they're very good, nice sturdy wooden handles on them too. Great bargain for just e5.52 so thanks again for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

nemefuria wrote: »
    Not true. 75% alcohol in that hand gel would work against both bacteria and viruses, similarly soap would do the same.

Having said that, 10c for 60ml does sound suspiciously cheap.
    How in the name of Christ could you go through the last year and not know that alcohol will kill viruses?

Missed the alcohol bit, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Muahahaha wrote:
    These arrived for me today and they're very good, nice sturdy wooden handles on them too. Great bargain for just e5.52 so thanks again for sharing

Same, now I'm just looking for a bargain on a pot for them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Same, now I'm just looking for a bargain on a pot for them :D

That's why I didn't buy them! No pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is it really too much to ask for people to put a little description and price of what they’re linking to in the no chat thread, instead of just the link?
    Don’t have to do the ex vat price, or the total price delivered via Revolut.

Random links are a pain in the hole.

Think sales have also dropped off a good bit postman reckons he's delivering far less Amazon stuff the last couple of weeks since the shops opened up.

Personally I ran out of room in my house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »

I got them too, and they are undoubtedly a bargain, but I will say something. They smell better after a hand rather than a dishwasher wash. They stank out not only the dishwasher, but the press they were being kept in after I put them in the dishwasher.

I got the whole set for less than €6, they're brilliant tbh, even the ladle alone I think is excellent, but there must be something going on between s dishwasher and a silicone, they obviously don't get along too well together.

Advertisement