Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭jamesd

Personally I ran out of room in my house

Im finding it difficult with all the cardboard packaging, hard to dispose of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Soarer wrote: »
    Is it really too much to ask for people to put a little description and price of what they’re linking to in the no chat thread, instead of just the link?
    Don’t have to do the ex vat price, or the total price delivered via Revolut.

Random links are a pain in the hole.

Yes!! I thought this yesterday. I've only posted a couple of things but I usually try to find a price comparison too before I share.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Caranica wrote:
    Yes!! I thought this yesterday. I've only posted a couple of things but I usually try to find a price comparison too before I share.

Why would anyone bother posting anything anymore? Affiliate links and now people asking for more info about the bargain, while it would be nice, people can do their own research whether it's a good price or not!

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why would anyone bother posting anything anymore?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why would anyone bother posting anything anymore? Affiliate links and now people asking for more info about the bargain, while it would be nice, people can do their own research whether it's a good price or not!

Posting an affiliate link when not allowed is slightly different to writing "highlighters for £5", and well you know it.

That's not me having a go at the highlighter poster btw. just something that came to my head.
    It was actually the wind chime one that got on my goat.
    But not that I'm on PC, I see "Wind Chime" in the title of the post. Those titles don't appear on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

McMurphy wrote: »
    I got them too, and they are undoubtedly a bargain, but I will say something. They smell better after a hand rather than a dishwasher wash. They stank out not only the dishwasher, but the press they were being kept in after I put them in the dishwasher.

I got the whole set for less than €6, they're brilliant tbh, even the ladle alone I think is excellent, but there must be something going on between s dishwasher and a silicone, they obviously don't get along too well together.

Mine smelled like p1$$ coming out of the dishwasher!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

I got them too, and they are undoubtedly a bargain, but I will say something. They smell better after a hand rather than a dishwasher wash. They stank out not only the dishwasher, but the press they were being kept in after I put them in the dishwasher.

I got the whole set for less than €6, they're brilliant tbh, even the ladle alone I think is excellent, but there must be something going on between s dishwasher and a silicone, they obviously don't get along too well together.
    The little card that came with them recommended not to use in dishwasher and always hand wash

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

brightkane wrote: »
    Mine smelled like p1$$ coming out of the dishwasher!

Yep, cats p1$$ to be more precise....
    The little card that came with them recommended not to use in dishwasher and always hand wash

Didn't see that, so my fault completely so. Handwash from here on in so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

If it's a vinegary kind of rotten smell, it's likely the glue in the handles. Maybe they're OK on a low temperature wash?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Sappy404 wrote: »
    If it's a vinegary kind of rotten smell, it's likely the glue in the handles. Maybe they're OK on a low temperature wash?

The vinegar smell is probably from the silicon. If you use silicone mastic vinegar is a very obvious smell as it cures.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭mel123

Has anyone read anything re amazon ireland/putting a hub in ireland for us to avoid the import fees? i know there was talk of it but not sure if it was made up or came from amazon. With little over a month left now before the €22 value is gone, is it time to stock up on as much as possible?

mel123 wrote: »
    Has anyone read anything re amazon ireland/putting a hub in ireland for us to avoid the import fees? i know there was talk of it but not sure if it was made up or came from amazon. With little over a month left now before the €22 value is gone, is it time to stock up on as much as possible?

You wouldn't be paying anything different. You would still have to pay the 23% Irish VAT instead of the 20% UK VAT from July with or without an Amazon.ie or simply a hub. Buying stuff from Amazon.ie could in fact be more expensive than buying from Amazon.co.uk in the same way that buying something from Dealz (€1.49) is more expensive than buying it from Poundland (£1). The only potential saving would be in not having to pay customs duty on items over €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shazaam

mel123 wrote: »

Latest thing I could find is still unconfirmed by Amazon:
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/companies/arid-40289798.html

As mentioned above, it's arguable whether there would be any big savings with regard to VAT but it should increase the availability of a whole raft of stuff that cannot currently be shipped from the UK, food etc.

shazaam wrote: »
    Latest thing I could find is still unconfirmed by Amazon:
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/companies/arid-40289798.html

As mentioned above, it's arguable whether there would be any big savings with regard to VAT but it should increase the availability of a whole raft of stuff that cannot currently be shipped from the UK, food etc.

While it may likely mean that we can order food item etc. again off Amazon, it may also mean that there is also a large reduction in the availability of things that we can currently buy as it may be the case that we can only order stuff that is in the one Irish fulfilment centre rather than the 17 UK fulfilment centres. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

While it may likely mean that we can order food item etc. again off Amazon, it may also mean that there is also a large reduction in the availability of things that we can currently buy as it may be the case that we can only order stuff that is in the one Irish fulfilment centre rather than the 17 UK fulfilment centres. Time will tell.

And maybe we can get a spare battery for the rechargeable tools we bought over the years or a permanent marker that has an infinitesimally small amount of alcohol in the ink.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

I ordered that electric toothbrush last time, for the price it's great, tons of spare brushes, teeth do feel clean I bought a spare for travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

jamesd wrote: »
    Im finding it difficult with all the cardboard packaging, hard to dispose of it all.

I put it in the veg garden to suppress weeds

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Just bought this security box maybe someone would find it useful, cheap enough anyway. I know there's not a lot of security in it but useful to keep stuff away from prying eyes.

Amazon Basics Portable Security Case - Key Lock, XL £5.92 after the VAT comes off.

Lockpicking Lawyer: Three is binding... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

that just went whistling right over my head. its not nice posting and nobody gets your humour, makes you feel like the email editor for linkedin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

bk wrote: »
    Lockpicking Lawyer: Three is binding... :D

Exact thing I thought when I saw it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I love the locks where he just hits them with a rubber hammer and they fall open

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

gussieg wrote: »
    that just went whistling right over my head. its not nice posting and nobody gets your humour, makes you feel like the email editor for linkedin.

What are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Ahh I missed the mini compressor. Back up to 40 pounds now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Whats the difference between the American Crew Sets?

never mind, i see it now, shampoo in one, body wash in the other

scudzilla wrote: »

Product was listed today and seller only has 4 reviews. Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭feelings

1tb over USB 2... Jaysus. Painful...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Product was listed today and seller only has 4 reviews. Avoid like the plague.

I was just about to post same.. If if looks too good to be true.....

3 items listed by the seller

• Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Can we ask people in the no chat thread to read the recent reviews before posting?

If you scroll down the first ten reviews on this one they're either 1 or 2 stars, some claiming the product is counterfeit
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117272572&postcount=675

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Nalz wrote: »
    Can we ask people in the no chat thread to read the recent reviews before posting?

If you scroll down the first ten reviews on this one they're either 1 or 2 stars, some claiming the product is counterfeit
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117272572&postcount=675

That fella that asked the first question about it better be careful so

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baylis-Harding-Pepper-Moisturising-Shower/dp/B07MVG2QXH/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=shower%2Bgel&qid=1622026884&refinements=p_89%3ABaylis%2B%26%2BHarding&rnid=1632651031&s=beauty&sr=1-2&th=1

Advertisement