Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SDCARD-MicroSD-32GB-Class-Adapter/dp/B07DHRF2QG
    just ordered...then noticed it says capacity 1mb.
    picture of a 32gb card...
    surely wouldnt go to that much trouble for that little?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Nomis21 wrote: »

I bought these in August 2019 and they are the bees knees, pardon the pun.
    They have a light sensor so they come on automatically when it’s dusk and turn off at dawn and have a single rechargeable AA NiMH battery inside which can be easily replaced.

They were put away in winter 2019 and I had forgotten about them til a few moths ago.
    To my surprise when I switched them on the battery had kept its charge and they lit up, that’s without a year and a half of use!
    It’s been pissing rain all day today and they’re lighting as I speak, so the solar panel really does it’s job.

The only con is that they look a bit plasticky and tacky in daylight when they’re off but they have a nice “warm yellow” at night time, different to warm white.

They also have about 8 different sequence modes like Christmas lights. Hope this helps.

gussieg wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SDCARD-MicroSD-32GB-Class-Adapter/dp/B07DHRF2QG
    just ordered...then noticed it says capacity 1mb.
    picture of a 32gb card...
    surely wouldnt go to that much trouble for that little?

The 1MB is definitely a typo, cards that small have not been made in years.

I’d imagine it’s a pretty slow card at that price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Doge wrote: »
    I bought these in August 2019 and they are the bees knees, pardon the pun.
    They have a light sensor so they come on automatically when it’s dusk and turn off at dawn and have a single rechargeable AA NiMH battery inside which can be easily replaced.

They were put away in winter 2019 and I had forgotten about them til a few moths ago.
    To my surprise when I switched them on the battery had kept its charge and they lit up, that’s without a year and a half of use!
    It’s been pissing rain all day today and they’re lighting as I speak, so the solar panel really does it’s job.

The only con is that they look a bit plasticky and tacky in daylight when they’re off but they have a nice “warm yellow” at night time, different to warm white.

They also have about 8 different sequence modes like Christmas lights. Hope this helps.

Thanks, this swayed my decision, worked out at €9.70 on Revolut, so an even better deal than the OP gave themselves credit for!

blastman wrote: »
    Thanks, this swayed my decision, worked out at €9.70 on Revolut, so an even better deal than the OP gave themselves credit for!

They have an on switch and a mode switch at the back of the solar panel.

So be sure to turn the switch on and cover the panel / sensor with your hand to see if they come on if it's not dark yet.

I bet someone gave them negative reviews because they didn't realise you need to turn them on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I bought those socks a few weeks back

Can’t buy them now though cause won’t ship to my address.
    So downloaded the app....... clicked buy now........ still won’t ship :(

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Seve OB wrote: »

If you keep trying at random times it should work, seems like its a site wide issue with amazon for people in the uk too.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

Those socks are brilliant I have some for years. ( in fact I don't even need new ones !) but need is nothing to do with this thread. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ibrahimovic

found a way around it. Just open browser in incognito mode and log on to Amazon again, search for an item and click Buy now

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭adam240610

Just bought the socks for £6.66, no issue with delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Did the socks raise in price? They're £10 or £6 depending on the size you choose

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭adam240610

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Did the socks raise in price? They're £10 or £6 depending on the size you choose

I got the 9-12's was like 40p more after the code

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ablelocks

found a way around it. Just open browser in incognito mode and log on to Amazon again, search for an item and click Buy now

didn't work for me (on edge and chrome browsers)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

American crew stuff arrived. Poorly packaged though. In their folded brown envelope things. Kits are in a metal tin, lids had popped of both and shampoo bottles fallen out. Lids were very slightly loose on both bottles and leaked a bit.

They sent two of the shampoo and forming cream though when I had ordered one of each with the Fibre and 3 in 1 shampoo. I'll get on to chat later.

ablelocks wrote: »
    didn't work for me (on edge and chrome browsers)

me neither
    safari, on mac, private window... is there another way to do incognito?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01A9GXEOI/

Signed into incognito, still getting can't deliver for this 2.50 mouse??

its fecked
    i even clicked my old PM address and it still says it won't deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ryath wrote: »
    American crew stuff arrived. Poorly packaged though. In their folded brown envelope things. Kits are in a metal tin, lids had popped of both and shampoo bottles fallen out. Lids were very slightly loose on both bottles and leaked a bit.

They sent two of the shampoo and forming cream though when I had ordered one of each with the Fibre and 3 in 1 shampoo. I'll get on to chat later.

Had em in the cart to order today but seems they can no longer deliver to Ireland, maybe they've found this thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

its fecked
    i even clicked my old PM address and it still says it won't deliver

Just tired similar. Regular UK address that I send stuff to all the time and that mouse is still unavailable to that address.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Shlippery wrote: »
    Had em in the cart to order today but seems they can no longer deliver to Ireland, maybe they've found this thread :pac:

I think Amazon in general is having issues today with many products, many people on HUKD are getting the same "this item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location" error message for certain items.

• Advertisement

I think Amazon in general is having issues today with many products, many people on HUKD are getting the same "this item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location" error message for certain items.

probably a blessing in disguise to be honest or i'll soon have no money left :D

probably a blessing in disguise to be honest or i'll soon have no money left :D

Not with mouses costing 2.50....I was gonna get 3!

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Not with mouses costing 2.50....I was gonna get 3!

Confused-5.gif

socks will ship now

price gone back up though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

socks will ship now

price gone back up though :(

The Adidas socks?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008HQ643Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered this hair clippers.

Hopefully it's decent, just want it for my face/body.

I've had a battery wahl beard trimmer and it's not very powerful. Hoping being wired gives more oomph

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008HQ643Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered this hair clippers.

Hopefully it's decent, just want it for my face/body.

I've had a battery wahl beard trimmer and it's not very powerful. Hoping being wired gives more oomph

Wired? No :D

Wired? No :D

What you mean?

EDIT: Read the cord as being corded, not just the cord for charging. balls.

I'll keep it anyways. Might be ****e.

• Advertisement

What you mean?

EDIT: Read the cord as being corded, not just the cord for charging. balls.

I'll keep it anyways. Might be ****e.

There is nothing wrong with the better cordless trimmers.

Advertisement