Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭POBox19

Levi's Unisex Socks-Regular Cut-Batwing Logo (3-Pack) (Pack of 3)

size 9-11

Dark Denim £2.02 for us

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Levis-168sf-Regular-Socks-Denim/dp/B07VTWSKZT/

Tried to order these, price went from £2.43 to £7.60 at checkout. Must be price per sock!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Tefal SV7020 Steam Iron reduced from £199 to £39 after Irish Vat.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0771LZP2S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_VQQ1DTPYZNDRAEZ68RWQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: being down to £80 a few times according to Camel Camel Camel.

Saying it can’t be delivered to address in ROI,any workaround ??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Pussyhands wrote: »
    What you mean?

EDIT: Read the cord as being corded, not just the cord for charging. balls.

I'll keep it anyways. Might be ****e.

I have one similar
    It’s for your hair on your head. Not for your body and certainly not for your balls :D
    The cordless babyliss I have is very good though, plenty of power and it holds its charge really well if you don’t use it for a while

The Adidas socks?

No, the good ones. UA

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Tefal SV7020 Steam Iron reduced from £199 to £39 after Irish Vat.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0771LZP2S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_VQQ1DTPYZNDRAEZ68RWQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: being down to £80 a few times according to Camel Camel Camel.
    Can it deliver to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Can it deliver to Ireland?

They seem to be doing a lot of changing their mind. When I checked earlier I fairly confident it would ship. But now they won't deliver to Ireland.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 villamar

I'm getting same about ROI. Out of curiosity I put in my parcel motel address and the price goes up to £88.74!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

It was my birthday on Tuesday. I got a 50 pound Amazon voucher. I've literally spent it all on stuff from this thread :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It was my birthday on Tuesday. I got a 50 pound Amazon voucher. I've literally spent it all on stuff from this thread :o

Disclaimer: Bargain Alerts accepts no liability for your choice to buy these purchases. :P

Happy Birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

I got my smart bulb today, second to have now.

However, in my excitement I selected the wrong connector!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,017 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

TallGlass2 wrote:
    However, in my excitement I selected the wrong connector!

If you are taking about bayonet /edison then you can but an adapter in electrical wholesalers for 2 or 3 euro

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    If you are taking about bayonet /edison then you can but an adapter in electrical wholesalers for 2 or 3 euro

Ah nice one. Will pick one up !

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

When does this VAT craic with amazon end can someone tell me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭tnegun

1st of July I think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,017 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

tnegun wrote:
    1st of July I think

It'll be a sad day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Anyone find out what the story with items that can't be shipped is? Trying to buy a CD but it won't ship to any UK or Irish address I try....

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It'll be a sad day

Out in the country they'll be letting a few postman go.

Hammer won’t even add to my basket now

Because Amazon is on the blink all day I’ve saved a small fortune today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

maybe because Bezos is stepping down as CEO?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Seve OB wrote: »
    I have one similar
    It’s for your hair on your head. Not for your body and certainly not for your balls :D
    The cordless babyliss I have is very good though, plenty of power and it holds its charge really well if you don’t use it for a while

I have a hair shaver, wired one, it's ancient. The guard thing slipped down on one side so it's almost clipping the skin...still use it on my balls and get the odd clip the odd time, little blood!

I hope this one will do the balls fine too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

blastman wrote: »
    Anyone find out what the story with items that can't be shipped is? Trying to buy a CD but it won't ship to any UK or Irish address I try....

Some are restricted because of batteries (power banks etc.). Some because of health regulations (exp. fertilizers, seeds etc.). Some because of license agreements (exp. CDs, BRay etc). Some because of size (TVs, furniture).

Some are simply restricted because someone clicked so and nobody wants to change that. I often see that the same product in white will ship, while red won't etc.

grogi wrote: »
    Some are restricted because of batteries. Some because of health regulations. Some because of license agreements. Some because of size.

Some are simply restricted because someone clicked so and nobody wants to change that. Sometimes same product in white will ship, while red won't etc.

That poster is not referring to that. There have been specific issues today on Amazon on not being able to order certain items to any address anywhere in the UK or Ireland, even things like a mouse direct from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

It BeeMee wrote:
    You get a voucher with each colour, so one white and one black fan for £11.64

I ordered a black one and then tried to order a white one, but it told me I wasn't eligible for the voucher. Funnily enough though, the voucher came up again for the black so I got two in my preferred color!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

When the VAT holiday finishes on July 1st is that also the date that Revenue will start hitting goods from China with VAT regardless of how small their value is? Could get very messy

Im also wondering what to stock up on before July 1st. Could get a years worth of toiletries and toilet roll though there seems to be some dodgy toilet roll being sold on Amazon

Muahahaha wrote: »
    When the VAT holiday finishes on July 1st is that also the date that Revenue will start hitting goods from China with VAT regardless of how small their value is? Could get very messy

Im also wondering what to stock up on before July 1st. Could get a years worth of toiletries and toilet roll though there seems to be some dodgy toilet roll being sold on Amazon

Either a lot of stuff will get through with no charges or there will be a massive backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I've been doing just this. Regina toilet roll on Amazon is fine. Got loads of other stuff too. Huge order in May (arrived 24/25/26) smaller one (so far) in June

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Caranica wrote: »
    I've been doing just this. Regina toilet roll on Amazon is fine. Got loads of other stuff too. Huge order in May (arrived 24/25/26) smaller one (so far) in June

I have been doing this too over the last few months. Have a good stockpile of kitchen towels, tp, mouthwash, toothpaste etc.

Isn't it so ****ing sad we have voted in ****ers that can even let the great unwashed enjoy tax free transactions below 20£

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Gumbo wrote: »
    Tried to buy some of their drill bits earlier and same crap. Won’t deliver to Ireland even as a prime.

That doesn't auger well.

Advertisement