Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭feelings

But tiktok tells us otherwise :eek: :D;)
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I'd be careful with that shower head. Few reviews/pics that would worry me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Only way I could see the shower heads increasing pressure is if it reduces volume. It's like putting your finger over a hose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Only way I could see the shower heads increasing pressure is if it reduces volume. It's like putting your finger over a hose.

My take on it....

You have a shower head which is full of stones. The water enters in but has to force it way past the stones to get out and release the pressure from the water behind. Remember if connecting to Triton etc you do have a pump in those showers pushing the water.

This means for the first 1-2 sec when you turn on the shower the water builds up mini pressure forcing between the stones and continues till you turn it off.

Standard shower head the water just flows up. COuld be wrong but that is my understanding but as I said when I posted I have no idea but for 7 quid might as well give it a bash

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

I ordered the usb fan on Friday and the postie delivered it this morning at 7.30.
    I'm in Cork, that's never happened before.

The fan is a great buy, well worth picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NiceSwan

Amazon Basics Premium Wall Mount Computer Monitor and TV Stand - Lift Engine Arm Mount, Aluminum – Silver (£40.59 for us.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QTTNTFX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

almost at its lowest ever price according to camel

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B07QTTNTFX

Made for amazon by Ergotron, so it's the exact same, allegedly, as

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ergotron-Monitor-compatible-Mount-Bracket/dp/B01M00VAWO/ref=psdc_296770011_t2_B00358RFJ8

I installed it for my 40 inch 4k monitor and it worked great. as long as the monitor/ tv is under 11.3 kg apparently you should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭event

dulpit wrote: »
    Is it a Pale thing though? Us down the best part of the country don't get Sunday deliveries (although have started getting bank holiday deliveries)

Im getting deliveries in Dundalk for ages on Sundays from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

scudzilla wrote:
    12 Luxury bath bombs, I bought these last week and they're pretty cool, last ages in Bath and kid lives them, great variety of scents too, just ordered another box and it gave me discount again. Was 25.99, down to 16.28 and has an on screen voucher for €9 something off so got them for 6.68

Got these for under a fiver, great item to throw in the 'gift drawer' in case I'm ever caught short for a gift! (I got the super soaker the other day for the same reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Got these for under a fiver, great item to throw in the 'gift drawer' in case I'm ever caught short for a gift! (I got the super soaker the other day for the same reason)

They really are great bath bombs, little one was delighted with 1 in Bath last night, last ages and great smells

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Bath bombs came in at €4.26 for me. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭positron

Agreed. I doubt a seller on amazon is breaking the law of conservation of energy with a £7.99 product.

Given most showerheads are clogged from years of use, replacing it with a new one - with fancy stones or not - will do a better job straight away. This is probably is behind the 2000+ positive reviews. And of course a pretty girl in bathrobe, standing in front of a ring light, which gives her already beautiful eyes an amazing sparkle, saying her skin feels smooth, that is a guaranteed sale for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

112143 wrote: »
    I ordered the usb fan on Friday and the postie delivered it this morning at 7.30.
    I'm in Cork, that's never happened before.

The fan is a great buy, well worth picking up.

How cool is that !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

dubmick wrote: »
    That American Crew pack is some deal!

raOiwrc.png

Cheaper again! Bonkers! Wonder if Amazon is broke making this and the bath bombs so reduced!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Shlippery wrote: »
    raOiwrc.png

Cheaper again! Bonkers! Wonder if Amazon is broke making this and the bath bombs so reduced!

I had mine delivered on saturday. the price is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just on the Shower Head thing, I've always wondered how they work too. The only thing I can think of relating to Bernoulli's equation is that the restriction actually reduces the pressure, but it's actually the velocity that increases, which gives the impression that the pressure has increased. I call BS on it anyway.

Also, I get Sunday deliveries on Prime too. :)

Ordered more sh*te I don't probably need. :eek: Damn you bargain alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Not just a prime thing. Us non-prime plebs get sunday deliveries as well.

My amazon stuff are delivered by An Post. My post lady does not deliver on Saturdays or Sundays and I am with prime.

Shlippery wrote:

I don't even know anybody who will use this and I still bought it! I have a problem :o

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mtkenne2

Can you post link please 🙈 my daughter loves bath bombs

mtkenne2 wrote: »
    Can you post link please �� my daughter loves bath bombs

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083FFVPQK/

I had mine delivered on saturday. the price is just ridiculous.

I got 4 of them, haven't tried yet...can you say why it's such a good deal?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Voucher for reduction not showing for me :(

Bath bombs came in at €4.26 for me. Cheers!

How? They're showing as 14 pounds for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

silly wrote: »
    My amazon stuff are delivered by An Post. My post lady does not deliver on Saturdays or Sundays and I am with prime.

Sunday delivery only in areas serviced by Amazon delivery drivers.

Saturday An Post are delivering near me, guess it's area dependent

Try the link in the no chat thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

How? They're showing as 14 pounds for me.

Used the link in the no chat thread, option to apply £8 voucher was there. I have Prime and the price was reduced to £3.66 delivered. This converted to €4.26 on Revolut.

Used the link in the no chat thread, option to apply £8 voucher was there. I have Prime and the price was reduced to £3.66 delivered. This converted to €4.26 on Revolut.

No voucher option for me :(

I can't see it anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Saturday An Post are delivering near me, guess it's area dependent

Yeah I am pretty rural

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

No voucher option for me :(

I can't see it anyways...

none for me either.

It wasn't showing for me, so i switched to another address and the voucher appeared.
    Voucher for reduction not showing for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

feelings wrote: »
    It wasn't showing for me, so i switched to another address and the voucher appeared.

You wonder what Amazon are up to sometimes?

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement