Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I got 4 of them, haven't tried yet...can you say why it's such a good deal?

No idea if they're any good either - but I think getting em both for £3 compared to their full RRP here:
    https://www.americancrew.com/collections/shampoo/products/3-in-1
    https://www.americancrew.com/products/fiber

It has my brain wired to think I'm getting a cracking deal, despite having no clue whether they're any good or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the shampoo on its own is worth that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Shlippery wrote: »
    No idea if they're any good either - but I think getting em both for £3 compared to their full RRP here:
    https://www.americancrew.com/collections/shampoo/products/3-in-1
    https://www.americancrew.com/products/fiber

It has my brain wired to think I'm getting a cracking deal, despite having no clue whether they're any good or not!

Does €4.06 seem about right ???

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ruddy1987

I am sure this has been mentioned before but just a reminder that Vat will be applying on all orders from July.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0531/1225082-revenue-on-vat-changes/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Prime day buys will be the last big splurge before the new vat rules kick in.

Has it been officially announced yet? Thinking I could do with another firestick or cube dependant on the prices.

• Advertisement

Prime day buys will be the last big splurge before the new vat rules kick in.

Has it been officially announced yet? Thinking I could do with another firestick or cube dependant on the prices.

Is a firestick worth it? I have a Roku currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

I can't wait for the VAT rules to come in. This thread has cost me a fortune in stuff I don't even want or need! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    And if our outlets offered the same stuff without the massive mark-up, and carried anywhere near the same number of options then they wouldn't be losing out to Amazon and Aliexpress.
    I'm fine with Amazon and AliExpress, I buy heaps from/via them. It's the not paying tax and having us subsidize shipping from AliExpress that isn't sustainable/desirable. Seems reasonable that the same rules apply to them as to other retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

In my opinion yes, I find them superior to Roku (mind you only had 1 older roku stick) - handy sideload of apps using downloader or APPS2Fire (direct from phone). For non ap store apps.

Has preinstalled, amazon, disney, netflix, youtube.

Can use VPN without issue allowing download of full range of apps from app store (BBC player, ITV hub).

Runs IPTV services. Just pick the interface app you want.

Only downsides are the interface is a bit pants on homescreen due to clutter. And there is no ability to button map.

They are fairly quick and stable, and on sale prices of under 30 quid for 4k versions makes them good value

• Registered Users Posts: 46,030 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have 2 of them here and as someone who isnt great at technology I can safely say they are worth every penny.

Get the 4K version but wait for it to drop in price again. Its currently £50 but 3 or 4 times every year Amazon drop the price to £30 - £35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've 3 or 4 of the 4k firesticks. Also got them for my parents and the mother in law. Great yokes and super easy to use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

positron wrote: »
    Agreed. I doubt a seller on amazon is breaking the law of conservation of energy with a £7.99 product.

Given most showerheads are clogged from years of use, replacing it with a new one - with fancy stones or not - will do a better job straight away. This is probably is behind the 2000+ positive reviews. And of course a pretty girl in bathrobe, standing in front of a ring light, which gives her already beautiful eyes an amazing sparkle, saying her skin feels smooth, that is a guaranteed sale for sure.

It’s a 7 quid shower head....a lot of posts about it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

In my opinion yes, I find them superior to Roku (mind you only had 1 older roku stick) - handy sideload of apps using downloader or APPS2Fire (direct from phone). For non ap store apps.

Has preinstalled, amazon, disney, netflix, youtube.

Can use VPN without issue allowing download of full range of apps from app store (BBC player, ITV hub).

Runs IPTV services. Just pick the interface app you want.

Only downsides are the interface is a bit pants on homescreen due to clutter. And there is no ability to button map.

They are fairly quick and stable, and on sale prices of under 30 quid for 4k versions makes them good value

I have an android box with IPTV, the interface is just selecting a channel by category. Does firestick make it nicer? Or what do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Got a free prime trial so wanted to order a few bits, however the vat is not being removed for low value items? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I have an android box with IPTV, the interface is just selecting a channel by category. Does firestick make it nicer? Or what do you mean?

Android boxes generally run a version of Android designed for an android phone, firesticks run a version of Android designed for televisions (not touchscreen)

All in all they're just a much nicer and more pleasant experience than the Android boxes (unless it's a shield or mii box)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,840 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have a 4k firestick I bought recently and have retired it over the weekend in favour of a NVidia Shield (approx 200 from Amazon DE)

Yes it costs more but you get complete control over the UI/homepage, can sideload almost everything you want if not in the Play Store natively, and don't have Amazon spamming you for services you don't have/want/may not be able to get since Brexit.

Far better performance too than anything I've had before. I use it mostly for Plex and IPTV and it flies along.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Got a free prime trial so wanted to order a few bits, however the vat is not being removed for low value items? Any ideas?

Has to be sold by amazon, 3rd party sellers generally aren't vat registered in Ireland.

Also, some items if sold by amazon might be 0% vat in UK anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is the firestick 4k the latest one? Has there only been 1 version of the 4k stick? We have one, it's not used that often, but it's gotten slow. We also have an firestick 2 (older than 4k) and that's very slow...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭positron

I got that shampoo + foam combo last week and I've used the shampoo twice so far. Well it works. It dries out the hair so much more than any other regular shampoos I've used - if your hair is longer than an inch, following thru with a conditioner is an absolute must.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

From the no chat thread.

Post a couple and we can check if its just you?

Value under ~£22

Some items don't have VAT - rare

Some sellers (fulfilled by Amazon) don't provide VAT invoices so the VAT doesn't come off - Amazon can't do anything about it.

If its sold by Amazon then VAT should come off.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

dulpit wrote: »
    Has to be sold by amazon

No, it hasn't. Numerous times I got VAT reduction from 3rd party sellers.
    3rd party sellers generally aren't vat registered in Ireland.

Hence there shouldn't be any VAT to be paid.

Many sellers don't declare VAT at all. If you requested a VAT invoice with uk delivery address, the VAT wouldn't be there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Wish people would stop posting about those bee solar lights. I have absolutely zero need for them, but they are so fecking cute. My Bissell steam cleaner arrived today and I said that was the last thing I was going to buy from the threads here. But then there was the shower head and the desk fan. Damn you all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Caranica wrote: »
    Wish people would stop posting about those bee solar lights. I have absolutely zero need for them, but they are so fecking cute. My Bissell steam cleaner arrived today and I said that was the last thing I was going to buy from the threads here. But then there was the shower head and the desk fan. Damn you all!!

I looked at those solar lights and was tempted. I have a YARD that's about 3 square metres!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, stop posting jigsaws.
    I already lost 3 evenings/nights/early mornings building 2 1000 piece jigsaws I got through here.

Though I keep meaning to try a 3D puzzle so the globe is tempting

I looked at those solar lights and was tempted. I have a YARD that's about 3 square metres!

But google says a yard is 0.9144 metres.

I'll get my coat :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah, stop posting jigsaws.
    I already lost 3 evenings/nights/early mornings building 2 1000 piece jigsaws I got through here.

Though I keep meaning to try a 3D puzzle so the globe is tempting

You can excuse yourself getting the globe if you want to you can think of it as an educational toy.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone had/does the fiendish Cat jigsaw that has a picture on both side of the pieces.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭noplacehere

They are very cute. I’ve hovered over ordering another set like three times today. But I’m after buying bath bombs and a freaking helmet already!

You can excuse yourself getting the globe if you want to you can think of it as an educational toy.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone had/does the fiendish Cat jigsaw that has a picture on both side of the pieces.

May add that one, just outta curiosity myself.
    They said the Marvel characters one was impossible but I got it done quicker than the Disney orchestra one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

So in other news, I now have a CCTV camera, a 128GB micro SD card and a new showerhead on the way. None of these items are actually required. The sooner the full VAT is charged, the better, as the current arrangement only seems to cost me money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

But is it well lit?

Advertisement