Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You can excuse yourself getting the globe if you want to you can think of it as an educational toy.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone had/does the fiendish Cat jigsaw that has a picture on both side of the pieces.

If you like jigsaws, you should get Jigsaw Puzzles Epic from the Play Store. I use it to build the 2 daily 100 piece jigsaws every night. And they have loads of other free ones.

But anyway, back on topic, bought the globe and cats so should keep me entertained for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭samo

delly wrote: »
    So in other news, I now have a CCTV camera, a 128GB micro SD card and a new showerhead on the way. None of these items are actually required. The sooner the full VAT is charged, the better, as the current arrangement only seems to cost me money!

Lol, same here, plus took ownership of a steam cleaner and ordered more bee lights as they were 9.70 euro in the warehouse.

My son can expect a surprise American Crew beard moisturising kit some time this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

delly wrote: »
    So in other news, I now have a CCTV camera, a 128GB micro SD card and a new showerhead on the way. None of these items are actually required. The sooner the full VAT is charged, the better, as the current arrangement only seems to cost me money!

Sounds like the making of a new home movie business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Party is over for a bit of savings on items < €22 as VAT is set to kick in from July.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/revenue-warns-online-shoppers-of-price-increase-due-to-vat-change-1.4580123

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Off to amazon germany dso

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Books are zero rated for Vat aren't they, so there should be no change I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

those cctv cameras do you have to clued by electricley to wire them up?

is there such a thing as battery operated ones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

fryup wrote: »
    those cctv cameras do you have to clued by electricley to wire them up?

is there such a thing as battery operated ones

Eufy do battery operated cameras. Depending on the model, they can be 180 or 365 day batteries. They are a smart camera (and possibly alarm) system, and a bit more expensive. I have one of their systems, and it is excellent. They have been on special offer for the last few weeks on Amazon, and I bought components from UK, DE, FR and ES because they all have different offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^

link please

are the batteries rechargeable? how long do they last?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

Wonderboom 2 just under €62 - looking at buy this off the German site does anyone know how the plugs work as I can’t see an option to select 3 pin plug.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07RRXXPMZ?tag=haggle-ios-de-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

^^^^

Its USB charging and you only get the lead anyway no charger, ideally you want 5V 2Amp but less current (Amps) will do. So any phone charger.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

stevegrace wrote: »
    Wonderboom 2 just under €62 - looking at buy this off the German site does anyone know how the plugs work as I can’t see an option to select 3 pin plug.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07RRXXPMZ?tag=haggle-ios-de-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

You get an EU plug, then just use a socket adaptor or find an old cable around the house that works.

Assume it will be USB (Mini/Micro/C) connections so likely you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

stevegrace wrote: »

It uses MicroUSB charging so you can use any USB charger to charge it. If you're like me you have a pile of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

link please

are the batteries rechargeable? how long do they last?

The ones I got are meant to last 180 days, and are rechargeable, or can be connected to a solar panel they also sell. I suspect, that they could technically be plugged in all the time.

I live in a bungalow with solid internal walls, and so for signal strength I put the Homebase station into the attic where it works well. Although the homebase requires to be plugged in.

Eufy Homebase 2 Pro with 2 cameras. Cameras are the 2C Pro version. Resolution 2k and the 'C' stands for colour at night, albeit using an inbuilt light. It can also use infrared: 20% off and so cost €239.99 https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08DY8971N/

Eufy 2C camera. Resolution 1080p: 20% off and so they cost €79.99. https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07XCC3GDX or https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07XCC3GDX

The prices of individual cameras changed slightly between my orders and that is why I used both ES and FR. There would be delivery charges on both sites.

It is also working as an alarm for my shed using the door sensor: £16.66 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JJD6CFV/

I am loving the notifications. I can't see my driveway from where I work, and without the cameras, it would be possible to drive around the back of the house without me noticing.

Will it be worth bothering with Prime membership on Amazon UK once these new VAT rules kick in?

^^^^^

Depnds how you use Amazon. I buy a lot of stuff from them so the free delivery on all Prime stuff makes it worthwhile. The extra VAT off makes it a better deal for the time being. Then I treat Prime video as an extra free bonus.

Edit> Forgot to mention the other reasons I stick with Prime.

1) I don't get deliveries from crap couriers like Fastway.
    2) Items get picked and are shipped quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭PreCocious

The chat thread has links to solar-powered fairy lights. No harm to remember that dealz, homestore and more as well as argos are competitively priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Shows £13.73 on the listing and then e13.60 for me at checkout, am I missing something or maybe the promotion is over

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Shows £13.73 on the listing and then e13.60 for me at checkout, am I missing something or maybe the promotion is over

Fire sale is over :pac: - yeah showing as £13.73 for me as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Important to note that the VAT applies from when items are delivered, not when they are ordered. Which is fine for Amazon UK items which are delivered quickly but if posters intend ordering from China/Aliexpress they would need to order now for the goods to get into Ireland before the new VAT rules come in on July the 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Important to note that the VAT applies from when items are delivered, not when they are ordered. Which is fine for Amazon UK items which are delivered quickly but if posters intend ordering from China/Aliexpress they would need to order now for the goods to get into Ireland before the new VAT rules come in on July the 1st

That's interesting, as Prime day may be last few days of June - potential for orders to be impacted if the increased demand effects delivery dates.

Lets hope Amazon are on top form so....

That's interesting, as Prime day may be last few days of June - potential for orders to be impacted if the increased demand effects delivery dates.

Lets hope Amazon are on top form so....

I don't think any Amazon stuff will get stopped even if a little late. Amazon have always been compliant with VAT/Import regulations so I can't see anyone checking if an item that arrives on the 2nd of July has had the Import duty added when they know Amazon will add it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭mel123

Has anyone used addresspal for delivery? Wondering what happened here (not complaining).
    Bought item for £156. Knew obviously I’d be hit for customs but still worked out cheaper than buying in Ireland. Got my notification today from a post to pay customs charge of £14.82 because the value of my item was declared by the seller as £46.91
    Genuine mistake by an post or are sellers under valuing items for some reason?

Link to the item?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

mel123 wrote: »
    Has anyone used addresspal for delivery? Wondering what happened here (not complaining).
    Bought item for £156. Knew obviously I’d be hit for customs but still worked out cheaper than buying in Ireland. Got my notification today from a post to pay customs charge of £14.82 because the value of my item was declared by the seller as £46.91
    Genuine mistake by an post or are sellers under valuing items for some reason?

There is another simple explanation: you overpaid by £109.09.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Didn't get the deal noted for the fire Blanket but bought it at £11.32.

Very hard go get a properly sized one. Most are 1x1m and too small to protect a person from the fire they are putting out.
    They should protect the whole body from the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Pussyhands wrote: »
    No voucher option for me :(

I can't see it anyways...

Sweet, its 8.74 for me

I'm broke with this thread, 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A popcorn maker just in time for the long weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    A popcorn maker just in time for the long weekend.

I have this one years, love it, it used to be hard to get kernels, but Aldi sell them now,

Advertisement