Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

Shlippery wrote: »
    raOiwrc.png

Cheaper again! Bonkers! Wonder if Amazon is broke making this and the bath bombs so reduced!
    I had mine delivered on saturday. the price is just ridiculous.

The hair cream contains Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde which has been banned in new products in Europe since 2019. Existing products containing it can be sold until August this year, hence the 'bargain'.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I have this one years, love it, it used to be hard to get kernels, but Aldi sell them now,

Do you need specific kernels?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Didn't get the deal noted for the fire Blanket but bought it at £11.32.

Very hard go get a properly sized one. Most are 1x1m and too small to protect a person from the fire they are putting out.
    They should protect the whole body from the fire.

yeah had noticed a good few on Amazon are fairly small sized. If you ever need to use one bigger is better. Miffed I missed out on the one posted for 4.46 but there will probably be another one on discount soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Hi guys, in relation to the prime postage etc, is that just for one account? We have prime tv at home but have separate Amazon accounts.
    I could just buy off wife's account I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Hi guys, in relation to the prime postage etc, is that just for one account? We have prime tv at home but have separate Amazon accounts.

You should be able to sign up for a family to avail of the benefits from your account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Your wife can add you to her account and you can both use prime. Only downside is shared payment methods and seeing exactly what the other partner is spending money on :eek:

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

^^^^^

Depnds how you use Amazon. I buy a lot of stuff from them so the free delivery on all Prime stuff makes it worthwhile. The extra VAT off makes it a better deal for the time being. Then I treat Prime video as an extra free bonus.

Edit> Forgot to mention the other reasons I stick with Prime.

1) I don't get deliveries from crap couriers like Fastway.
    2) Items get picked and are shipped quicker.

The reason I keep it is those listed above, plus Unlimited photo storage too. Wife has 54GB of photos uploaded, set her iphone up with the app to auto upload to Prime Storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Those 3D puzzles have arrows and numbers showing where all the pieces go? Surely that’s just an IKEA flat pack kit rather than a puzzle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭mel123

Link to the item?

EMKE Backlit Illuminated... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08VS8RJYZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

J2CVC wrote: »
    The hair cream contains Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde which has been banned in new products in Europe since 2019. Existing products containing it can be sold until August this year, hence the 'bargain'.

I can see that listed as an ingredient on the American crew website but it’s not on the pack that came from amazon as far as I can see. Maybe they have different production for EU? I may still send back though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It doesn't contain that chemical according to the ingredients listed on the packaging.

nialldinho wrote: »
    I can see that listed as an ingredient on the American crew website but it’s not on the pack that came from amazon as far as I can see. Maybe they have different production for EU? I may still send back though!

why would you send it back if it doesn't contain that chemical? Why would you send it back if it did? Unless you have eczema it won't cause you an issue and even then only for 2-3% of eczema sufferers.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

why would you send it back if it doesn't contain that chemical? Why would you send it back if it did? Unless you have eczema it won't cause you an issue and even then only for 2-3% of eczema sufferers.

I don’t know. Looking at the list of ingredients I didn’t realise there was so much stuff in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭J2CVC

nialldinho wrote: »

There may well be new stock without it, though check for alternative names.

It's possible Amazon never separated old and new stock and the easiest way forward is to clear out before August.

There may well be new stock without it, though check for alternative names.

It's possible Amazon never separated old and new stock and the easiest way forward is to clear out before August.

the alternative name for Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde is Lysal. It doesn't contain that either. Nor does it contain Kovanol®, Landolal®, Mugonal®, Cyclohexal®, HydroxyEmpetal®, Leerall®, Lydoucal®, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

I don't think any Amazon stuff will get stopped even if a little late. Amazon have always been compliant with VAT/Import regulations so I can't see anyone checking if an item that arrives on the 2nd of July has had the Import duty added when they know Amazon will add it on.

In the case of Amazon, as they will be part of IOSS it won't matter when it arrives, they will simply charge VAT at point of sale from 1st July and settle with Revenue. In the case of other market places that do not register for IOSS (Chinese for example) VAT will be charged at point of import depending on arrival/import date into Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Someone posted about a portable phone charger....could you post it again please?? I was unable to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

That’s easy for you to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Northern lassie

Why does Amazon reduce a product very slowly ... say 1p or a little more a few times a day?

I bought this Clinique product when it was down to about €11 on 17th May but since then it has been slowly reducing and its €8.87 at the moment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000GHVCM2/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE[/URL]

Curious as to their reasoning behind this.

Why does Amazon reduce a product very slowly ... say 1p or a little more a few times a day?

I bought this Clinique product when it was down to about €11 on 17th May but since then it has been slowly reducing and its €8.87 at the moment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000GHVCM2/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE[/URL]

You're asking what you think might have a very simple answer but in fact has a very complicated one. The algorithms they use to determine the price they sell their products at are incredibly complex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I assume that’s it’s because everyone who is interested in a product has a price they would be willing to pay. It’s like the tele-shopping channels. A product starts at x amount and gradually decreases in price as sales increase and time passes. They know how low it can be sold for, but try to get as many people in as possible at higher prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Boight 2 x 50m hoses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭The Mulk

On the shower that is posted in the no-chat thread, it looks like it can only be connected to mains water supply. So be careful if you are buying it for a T90 replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

good stuff? seems suspiciously cheap for Clinique

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Northern lassie

dubmick wrote: »
    good stuff? seems suspiciously cheap for Clinique

I presume its the real thing .... it certainly looks and smells like the real thing. Are they're many fakes on Amazon?

But it very cheap ... other Clinique stuff is a bit cheaper but not a lot.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I presume its the real thing .... it certainly looks and smells like the real thing. Are they're many fakes on Amazon?

But it very cheap ... other Clinique stuff is a bit cheaper but not a lot.

Says dispatched and sold by Amazon so I'd say it's the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭POBox19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Seve OB wrote: »
    Do you need specific kernels?

No, just regular popping corn,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Those 3D puzzles have arrows and numbers showing where all the pieces go? Surely that’s just an IKEA flat pack kit rather than a puzzle?
    Very easy with the numbers indeed, but they are on the back, so you can opt to put all pieces front up and do it the harder way.

Advertisement