Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭Soarer

Could be the ol’ Gillette trick of cheap razor, outlandish blades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    Had these and returned them, one was a dud kept draining batteries.
    The other two Would miss the first few seconds of a motion clip, very disappointing

battery cameras will miss a few seconds as they need to come out of sleep, it is the same with my Blink external cameras but my internal wired one works straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

There are a number of powerbank specials that are coming up on amazon but they cant be shipped here.
    I used to get them delivered with parcelmotel or parcelwizard.
    Address pal wont take them because they are batteries.
    Anyone found a way to order or a reasonably alternative supplier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Just want to say thanks to the fella who found the toothbrush deal. Got it for 6 euro and was in the market for a good one! Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The £7 voucher for using Amazon Photos worked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭feelings

Damn, seem to have missed this one.
    Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Just want to say thanks to the fella who found the toothbrush deal. Got it for 6 euro and was in the market for a good one! Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    This is a strange one.

Hooch Pink,700 ml

Sparkling Water, alcohol 4% ABV, sugar, lemon juice.

Price quoted £2.85

In my basket £2.37

Going to order and see what happens.

That's just been delivered to me. So...... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Doodah7 wrote: »

How do I change my default address to uk? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Wexy86 wrote: »
    How do I change my default address to uk? Thanks

I didn't do anything. Just clicked the link and went from there. My default address is here in Ireland.

brightkane wrote: »
    There are a number of powerbank specials that are coming up on amazon but they cant be shipped here.
    I used to get them delivered with parcelmotel or parcelwizard.
    Address pal wont take them because they are batteries.
    Anyone found a way to order or a reasonably alternative supplier?

MyMemory?

https://www.mymemory.ie/mobile/mobile-phone-chargers/portable-power-banks.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭Genghis

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    Had these and returned them, one was a dud kept draining batteries.
    The other two Would miss the first few seconds of a motion clip, very disappointing

Ah, that's disappointing.

I have 9 Blink cameras (8 external, 1 internal) for over 2 years. Very pleased with them, not had any issues, have recommended them. Would say they are priced high at normal, but good value when discounted for Prime Day, etc.

I used IFTTT to make them work with Google Assistant / and as part of routines (to set them as I leave home / unset on return), but mainly I set them per schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Doodah7 wrote:
    I didn't do anything. Just clicked the link and went from there. My default address is here in Ireland.

It tells me the link address does not exist

It tells me the link address does not exist

This link worked for me in case anybody else is getting the same error:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/node?ref_=pe_36343801_569534351_pe_APH_UK_EM_A_EM_FTVB0221&node=22944218031

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

feelings wrote: »
    Damn, seem to have missed this one.

Missed it myself. Said last night I wouldn't need it. Then thought it would be handy spare/kids etc

too late now.

This link worked for me in case anybody else is getting the same error:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/node?ref_=pe_36343801_569534351_pe_APH_UK_EM_A_EM_FTVB0221&node=22944218031

Where did you see the credit after downloading the app?

Gumbo wrote:
    Where did you see the credit after downloading the app?

You get an email within 7 days

€6 toothbrush has dispatched!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

Doodah7 wrote: »

Did you get your email to claim the £7 free credit yet or is the free credit showing on your account?

I clicked the link, downloaded the app and uploaded a few photos so I suppose I may just wait to see if I get the free credit. My default address is Ireland though as I don’t have a U.K. address so hopefully it works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Not eligible if you already use Amazon Prime Photos. 😔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

This is on the t&c:

• The offer only applies to customers who use a payment method with a billing address in the United Kingdom and are located in the United Kingdom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

T&C
    The offer only applies to eligible Amazon Prime customers who upload at least one photo through the Amazon Photos app for the first time.
    You will receive an email from Amazon within 7 days confirming when the promotional code has been applied to your customer account with instructions on how to use your promotional code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Fairywill Sonic Electric Toothbrush and 2 Brush Heads - £5.08 with code 4ZX4TW9U and £2.00 off code on product page.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XZ1YWR5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: Thanks Basq, for some reason I assumed only one code could be applied at a time. :)
    Above from main thread but does anyone know of a deal for replacement heads. They're £9.99 for 4 on Amazon. Have the brush a while now and it's great, took a while to get used to the sensation and the battery lasts for ages but would expect replacement heads a lot cheaper than that showing.

Didn't see anything decent on Amazon or ebay so ordered 8 head replacements from AliExpress for €6.51 after delivery and discounts. Should hopefully have them in a couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭in2dark

Didn't see anything decent on Amazon or ebay so ordered 8 head replacements from AliExpress for €6.51 after delivery and discounts. Should hopefully have them in a couple of months.

Link?

I ordered off Ali express 2 weeks ago. Item arrived within 10 days. I was shocked. Absolutely shocked.

I may have been just lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭positron

First time buying from Amazon since Brexit - Signed up for Prime, and ordered something under €20, and tracking shows

"Initiated customs clearance process
    Dublin, Swords"

Just wonder if this is normal, even for items below the 22 euro threshold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

positron wrote: »
    First time buying from Amazon since Brexit - Signed up for Prime, and ordered something under €20, and tracking shows

"Initiated customs clearance process
    Dublin, Swords"

Just wonder if this is normal, even for items below the 22 euro threshold?

Yes, nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭positron

Gumbo wrote: »
    I ordered off Ali express 2 weeks ago. Item arrived within 10 days. I was shocked. Absolutely shocked.

I may have been just lucky!

I ordered a quick release seat clamp for the bike from AliExpress and another from Decathlon on the same day. After about two weeks, both orders arrived in consecutive days. Either Decathlon is really slow, or AliExpress is getting quicker.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

i ordered 1000 masks on Friday evening, arrived yesterday morning, in 20 boxes of 50 masks. Great value considering we were paying over €12 for boxes of 50 masks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08MYYPKMT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Aquos76 wrote: »
    i ordered 1000 masks on Friday evening, arrived yesterday morning, in 20 boxes of 50 masks. Great value considering we were paying over €12 for boxes of 50 masks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08MYYPKMT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We've bought some of those too, have found most masks and sanitiser has dropped in price as supply has been ramped up. The masks are very good value though (we bought 2 boxes and the VAT came off).

Advertisement