Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

sabat wrote: »
    I switched from an oral b that was working fine but was just getting a bit too grubby after 5 or 6 years-I might still use it on occasion because I imagine this one could be hard to face if you were tired or had a hangover. But yes, the results are very obvious. Even aside from the whitening mode there's an attachment for getting in between teeth at plaque-I could suck a lot more air through my lower teeth even after the first time using it and I've been making good progress reducing the build up at the back too.

Is your one the same as linked above? Are all sonic brushes equal?!?!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I have a Philips Sonicare I bought from this thread. It's fantastic and better than any other electric toothbrush I've owned. My teeth always feel like they do after the dentist gives them a clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭wandererz

I have a Philips Sonicare I bought from this thread. It's fantastic and better than any other electric toothbrush I've owed. My teeth always feel like they do after the dentist gives them a clean.

I would second this about the Philips Sonicare.

I first started using them about 15yrs ago when i was given a voucher from work.
    It seemed ludicrous spending close to €160 at the time but it was one of the best purchases i ever made.

It lasted me about 10 years and i'm on my second one now.
    I've tried Oral B but it's pants compared to the Sonicare.

I've also tried 3rd party brush heads and they are no comparison to the Philips ones.

Some things to remember:
    1) Make sure it's properly charged rather than on it's last legs
    2) Change the brush heads frequently - every 3 months
    3) Use official brush heads

When the Philips are on sale on Amazon they are reduced from about €120 to about €60.
    This is the time to buy.

If you can afford it, go for the higher models as well for the extra functionality & modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi Guys..... need something for £0.01 to get £19.99 to £20.00 for FREE delivery..

Not keen on getting stuck with FREE Prime .....I never remember to concel stuff!

Anybody see anything...there or thereabouts!!! OR a bargain that I dont really need but who knows!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Masala wrote: »
    Hi Guys..... need something for £0.01 to get £19.99 to £20.00 for FREE delivery..

Not keen on getting stuck with FREE Prime .....I never remember to concel stuff!

Anybody see anything...there or thereabouts!!! OR a bargain that I dont really need but who knows!

http://www.fillerchecker.co.uk/

Just key in the amount you're trying to add and it'll bring up suggestions. You can filter by category as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭flintash

Masala wrote: »

Get some soap, shower gel or whatever non perishables. Why buy something for couple of cents that you won't need?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Got two sets of those wine bottle lights for free, two separate orders. Both times it told me the voucher was not available to me, both times I refreshed the screen and it worked. I like alternative light sources, have to find some funky (wine) bottles now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's like Be a fool not to take them at that price, but also that's how I end up with a lot of stuff I don't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Caranica wrote:
    Got two sets of those wine bottle lights for free, two separate orders. Both times it told me the voucher was not available to me, both times I refreshed the screen and it worked. I like alternative light sources, have to find some funky (wine) bottles now!

Same here, and I tested again just to see and it would have let me make even more orders!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's like Be a fool not to take them at that price, but also that's how I end up with a lot of stuff I don't need.

It's going to give me an excuse to drink loads of gin in nice blue bottles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Caranica wrote: »

How do you get the voucher?

SCOOP 64 wrote:
    How do you get the voucher?

Refresh and click on it until it comes up as 'eligible until June' and the tick comes up. If it says you're not eligible, refresh and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,877 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not seeing any voucher! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,840 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

wandererz wrote: »
    I would second this about the Philips Sonicare.

I first started using them about 15yrs ago when i was given a voucher from work.
    It seemed ludicrous spending close to €160 at the time but it was one of the best purchases i ever made.

It lasted me about 10 years and i'm on my second one now.
    I've tried Oral B but it's pants compared to the Sonicare.

I've also tried 3rd party brush heads and they are no comparison to the Philips ones.

Some things to remember:
    1) Make sure it's properly charged rather than on it's last legs
    2) Change the brush heads frequently - every 3 months
    3) Use official brush heads

When the Philips are on sale on Amazon they are reduced from about €120 to about €60.
    This is the time to buy.

If you can afford it, go for the higher models as well for the extra functionality & modes.

What model do you have/would you recommend? Need something good at taking the plaque off but that won't strip me to the gums either! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,237 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Basq wrote: »
    Not seeing any voucher! :(

Vouchers don't show on firefox for me but they do on chrome. Have you tried another browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

im on chrome, no voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    im on chrome, no voucher.

It's gone then. I doubt there's an infinite number.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

The only thing that would dive me mad about those lights for bottles is the battery type.

I found some other ones that a single AAA battery instead and they come in a 6 pack.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08NHK1TF2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Found a 6 pack of Cool white ones that take a single AAA each for £7.99 here:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YSD8GZG

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Has anyone got a link to the wine bottle lights with voucher?

I've gone back 10 pages and still not seeing them, d'oh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

If something on Amazon was 100 squid, then when you add it to basket for checkout, it jumps by an extra 3 squid. Why

mad m wrote: »
    If something on Amazon was 100 squid, then when you add it to basket for checkout, it jumps by an extra 3 squid. Why

VAT adjustment. Standard Irish VAT is 23%, standard UK VAT is 20%.

£100*1.23/1.2 = £102.50

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Moyglish wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link to the wine bottle lights with voucher?

I've gone back 10 pages and still not seeing them, d'oh.

The voucher is gone. Mine have dispatched, which I'm amazed at!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

@ibrahimovic posting interesting comments in the NO CHAT thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭scotchy

degsie wrote: »
    @ibrahimovic posting interesting comments in the NO CHAT thread.

Am guessing he forgot to log out and left his laptop open:)

A few suspect posts in other forums too.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

yes was just wondering that, was it an internet cafe type situation, or just a horny teenager at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

lol @ ibrahimovic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Hey guys, I bought two USB SanDisk drives off amazon thread. I'm trying to buy another but it tells me at checkout - not available? Strange one, have I bought too many?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ignore.

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote:
    The voucher is gone. Mine have dispatched, which I'm amazed at!

Same here! Was expecting a cancellation email. Got a 50 pack of those batteries they use for 6-odd pounds as well so won't have to worry about that for a while.

Advertisement