Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lads, when it comes to the Sonic toothbrushes is this a good one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08L98Q159/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_BB7DMMMQ85NMTED39DB8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Lads, when it comes to the Sonic toothbrushes is this a good one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08L98Q159/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_BB7DMMMQ85NMTED39DB8
    i just brought it came to €14.40 for that money worth a try.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    i just brought it came to €14.40 for that money worth a try.

Yeah going to the same for that price I think....2 years worth of brushes included.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Where is the voucher for that rechargeable fan?

£10 voucher back on the fan: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087PHKD...hk_typ_imgToDp (£5.82 at checkout) (also seems to be an unlimited voucher)

mad m wrote: »

wondering that too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Must have all been claimed by the time you got there!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,030 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mad m wrote: »

£10 voucher back on the fan: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087PHKD...hk_typ_imgToDp (£5.82 at checkout) (also seems to be an unlimited voucher)
    Link doesn't work.

Must have all been claimed by the time you got there!

Feck! I need an assistant to stay on top of this stuff... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

I noticed over the weekend that almost anything I buy with a voucher is refreshing and offering me the voucher again, where as in the past, it was mostly one use. Just means someone could buy 100 if they wanted and resell so the deals might get snapped up really quick. Not sure if it's a glitch or intentional on Amazon's part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Smurts

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018YLFJX4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_Z46C20DKQ87KBRV7JZNR

Hi, did anyone else order this rack and are they waiting for a delivery date to be confirmed? It’s showing as in stock but when the order is placed the delivery date is noted as to be confirmed. The last time this happened to me on a different item a few weeks ago the order was cancelled.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Smurts wrote: »
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B018YLFJX4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_Z46C20DKQ87KBRV7JZNR

Hi, did anyone else order this rack and are they waiting for a delivery date to be confirmed? It’s showing as in stock but when the order is placed the delivery date is noted as to be confirmed. The last time this happened to me on a different item a few weeks ago the order was cancelled.

I ordered 2 of them a few weeks apart. The first one was dispatched straight away. The second one was dispatched after nearly 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Smurts wrote: »

I’m on my third email about it. The first date I got was July! Then around the 23rd June. Then they shipped the damn thing yesterday to arrive today and I had to come home from my parents in law early to receive it!

(Bonus of an unexpected mammy’s first night off in months so I’m not complaining… lol)

Is anyone else having trouble with returns? I've had to go onto chat twice this weekend because I couldn't generate a prepaid anpost label. The first one just said dump the faulty item and refunded and now I'm onto someone who's trying to make me accept an international label I would have to pay for. I just did a quick look through a bunch of different orders and they all only give the option of 'you pay' returns. Will stop me buying with such confidence, especially impulse buys like on this thread, if they don't do returns via anpost anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Is anyone else having trouble with returns? I've had to go onto chat twice this weekend because I couldn't generate a prepaid anpost label. The first one just said dump the faulty item and refunded and now I'm onto someone who's trying to make me accept an international label I would have to pay for. I just did a quick look through a bunch of different orders and they all only give the option of 'you pay' returns. Will stop me buying with such confidence, especially impulse buys like on this thread, if they don't do returns via anpost anymore.
    Had the same with the fan I bought - you pay for return and we'll refund up to €9

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Had the same with the fan I bought - you pay for return and we'll refund up to €9

The person I was on with logged a question on my behalf if this is going to be the case going forward, said they'll get back to me within 48 hours, we'll see.

Looking at the AnPost website, the whole return order would have to be under 500g and packet sized to cost under €9.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I wouldn't worry to much about genuine Amazon returns. If they are genuine then Amazon will pay ridiculous amounts to reimburse you.

I had to pay €60 in the post office to return one item. After sending them a scan of the reciept Amazon credited me with the full amount.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NiceSwan

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NF9CT0C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tried the popcorn maker today. worked great! put the kernels that didn't pop the first time round back in and they all popped. no more leftover bag of seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

NiceSwan wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NF9CT0C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tried the popcorn maker today. worked great! put the kernels that didn't pop the first time round back in and they all popped. no more leftover bag of seeds.

Where did you manage to find the kernals though? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

dulpit wrote: »

/ would get popcorn

If only I could :D

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 NiceSwan

dulpit wrote: »

don't you start! :eek:

dunnes had them above their microwave popcorn shelf!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Got the wine bottle lights, I thought it was one set, there is 9 sets in the box.

Can't argue with the box as it says on it

'Life is just like the box of this gift, you never know what kind of surprise you will get'

Very good for free !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Mine arrived but I haven't opened the packages yet, must check!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Returned two items this week. Just clicked on "Orders & Returns" filled in the questionnaire and printed out the lable. Both items were fulfilled by Amazon.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Returned two items this week. Just clicked on "Orders & Returns" filled in the questionnaire and printed out the lable. Both items were fulfilled by Amazon.

If you go to return something now, do you still get the anpost option?

If you go to return something now, do you still get the anpost option?

Did it Thursday night and posted Friday.

On PC, top right corner of screen, "Orders & Returns" button, didn't have to deal with anyone.

There was an extra customs document than before, of which there was two copies. One to stick to the parcel and the other copy for the post office. My post person just stuck it to the box so it ended up with two identical lables stuck to it.

Sorry, yes An Post

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Did it Thursday night and posted Friday.

On PC, top right corner of screen, "Orders & Returns" button, didn't have to deal with anyone.

There was an extra customs document than before, of which there was two copies. One to stick to the parcel and the other copy for the post office. My post person just stuck it to the box so it ended up with two identical lables stuck to it.

Sorry, yes An Post

Well, I'm glad it's still there and not completely taken away for everyone! When I go through the 'Orders and Returns' button, I only get the option to pay & reimburse option. Will see what Amazon say when they get back to me. I also sent a return early last week that I got an automatic prepaid AnPost label for too so it seems to be recent, whatever is going on.

Could it have anything to do with the reason for return.

Kat1170 wrote:
    Could it have anything to do with the reason for return.

Both things I tried to return were defective so that shouldn't be the reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Both things I tried to return were defective so that shouldn't be the reason.

Could it be the item is fulfilled by Amazon & not sold by them?

Advertisement