Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Could it be the item is fulfilled by Amazon & not sold by them?

Perhaps, but that's never been an issue before. That's what I'm curious about, if there's been some policy change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I've never had to return anything that wasn't sold directly by Amazon so thought that could have been the issue

bennyx_o wrote: »
    I've never had to return anything that wasn't sold directly by Amazon so thought that could have been the issue

I returned something on the 29th of May fulfilled by Amazon and got the prepaid label automatically so it's definitely been an okay thing in the recent past. Now if I go into any of my recent purchases, fulfilled or directly from Amazon, only the pay & refund option is given and the item has to be returned to the UK, not Portlaoise like before.

The return system used to be great because you'd get refunded as soon as it was scanned out of the post office on the day you drop it off. If you have to wait for it to get to England and scanned and then try and deal with potential losses...definitely a much bigger PITA than the old system, for us, if it has changed for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I have the return option. By any chance did you change your default address and it is something to do with that?

• Advertisement

I have the return option. By any chance did you change your default address and it is something to do with that?

Nope. I went onto chat about it and they just kept saying 'it's the only available option' and passed me onto an internal team. But that's great to know it's not the same for everyone! Thanks :)

And sorry for dragging the thread off topic :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

NiceSwan wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NF9CT0C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tried the popcorn maker today. worked great! put the kernels that didn't pop the first time round back in and they all popped. no more leftover bag of seeds.

Tried it last night and again a couple minutes ago. Came out great each time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Got the wine bottle lights, I thought it was one set, there is 9 sets in the box.

Can't argue with the box as it says on it

'Life is just like the box of this gift, you never know what kind of surprise you will get'

Very good for free !

8 in each of my boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ordered the Sonic there, have the dentist at the end of the month so a good spring clean beforehand will be just the job.

Basq wrote: »
    £2.91 after VAT Reduction and this tenner credit awarded for Prime Day: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071G1GG8D/

What tenner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

What tenner?
    See the post 2 posts above that

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=15430759031

Spend £10 on a small business before June 20 and get a £10 voucher to use on prime day.

See the post 2 posts above that

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=15430759031

Spend £10 on a small business before June 20 and get a £10 voucher to use on prime day.

Thanks. Completely missed it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 43,877 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ah now.. I even quoted it in my post! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

L'prof wrote: »
    Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

Posting from the very depths.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Posting from the very depths.

Looks a great deal that. Had to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

L'prof wrote: »
    Looks a great deal that. Had to buy it

I managed to hold off on that one, bit of a near thing but I've five 4TB drives already and when I checked free space I had over 4TB free so managed to rein myself in.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Smurts

How does that Galaxy Buds deal work? Just put two in the basket and then you’re eligible to claim €100 cash back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Smurts wrote: »
    How does that Galaxy Buds deal work? Just put two in the basket and then you’re eligible to claim €100 cash back?

https://www.samsung.com/ie/cashback-offer/

When you add 2 of the same product in to samsung's cashback calculator you only get 1 cashback payment, so I would read the T&C before doing what is suggested in the no chat thread, just to be sure.

chasm wrote: »

When you add 2 of the same product in to samsung's cashback calculator you only get 1 cashback payment, so I would read the T&C before doing what is suggested in the no chat thread, just to be sure.

Yes. You can only get cashback on one of each product.

"Participants may claim a maximum of one (1) Reward per Promotion Product purchased up to a maximum of four (4) Rewards in total per household. Business Participants may claim a maximum of one (1) Reward per Promotion Product purchased up to a maximum of ten (10) Rewards in total per registered business."

https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/summercashback/en-IE/terms

I'll report the post in the no chat thread so a mod can change the wording as many people will expect the cashback twice if they get the same product twice.

• Advertisement

Just opened my steam cleaner, it's missing the angled nozzle. Anyone else have that problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

chasm wrote: »

The T&Cs dont list Amazon as one of the companies for Ireland - anyone have experience with this working before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

SDKev wrote: »
    The T&Cs dont list Amazon as one of the companies for Ireland - anyone have experience with this working before?

Clicked on this link under the Galaxy Buds Live on Amazon, so it does apply to Ireland: https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/summercashback/en-IE/retailers
    "NAME
    Amazon.co.uk (sold & dispatched by Amazon only )"

Caranica wrote:
    Just opened my steam cleaner, it's missing the angled nozzle. Anyone else have that problem?

Just went through all of mine. My accessory nozzle and detailed brush tool were attached to each other which confused me for a second, but everything is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭scotchy

I seem to have got a lot of small refunds from Amazon over the weekend, another one just arrived there now.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

scotchy wrote: »
    I seem to have got a lot of small refunds from Amazon over the weekend, another one just arrived there now.

Same here, can't work out why either, but if I were to guess I'd say it's vat related in some way.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Import deposit refunds

Yeah, I got 31c back on a firestick light. Think that's the only purchase I've paid import fees on all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

McMurphy wrote: »
    Same here, can't work out why either, but if I were to guess I'd say it's vat related in some way.
    It is ya. I’ve gotten emails in the past to say I was getting something back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NewClareman

SDKev wrote: »

T&C 7:

Rewards shall be awarded to Participants based on their country of residence and not the place of purchase, for example an ROI Participant purchasing a Promotion Product in the United Kingdom shall receive their Reward in Euros rather than GBP in accordance with Table 2 below.

Advertisement