Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I got a couple emails over the last few days too about refunds, cursed the first one I got as I thought it was something I ordered recently lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just on the Samsung cash back promotion, it says you need to make a qualifying purchase between the 2nd of June and 7th of July. I ordered a pair of the Galaxy Buds Live there and the estimated delivery date is the 8th of July, and it needs the serial number of the item to make a claim.

Anyone know if I’d still be able to make a backdated claim in that scenario if I didn’t receive the item until the 8th of July?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just on the Samsung cash back promotion, it says you need to make a qualifying purchase between the 2nd of June and 7th of July. I ordered a pair of the Galaxy Buds Live there and the estimated delivery date is the 8th of July, and it needs the serial number of the item to make a claim.

Anyone know if I’d still be able to make a backdated claim in that scenario if I didn’t receive the item until the 8th of July?

Why did you get that date? I ordered just now and got a date of 10th June?

Either way I am pretty sure you will get them well before that and they by the date of purchase and not delivery so you are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

dan786 wrote: »

Either way I am pretty sure you will get them well before that and they by the date of purchase and not delivery so you are good.

I’m not sure why it’s such a long date, I’m based in Mayo but it feels like I’m asking them to ship it to feckin Middle Earth.

Just ready the T&C’s and it seems like I’m well covered, I’ll be able to claim up as far as September. I’m not in a huge rush for them anyway and wouldn’t have bothered if it weren’t for this cashback offer so if they arrive any sooner, it’s just a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭matchthis

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’m not sure why it’s such a long date, I’m based in Mayo but it feels like I’m asking them to ship it to feckin Middle Earth.

Just ready the T&C’s and it seems like I’m well covered, I’ll be able to claim up as far as September. I’m not in a huge rush for them anyway and wouldn’t have bothered if it weren’t for this cashback offer so if they arrive any sooner, it’s just a bonus.

Make sure you have your Eircode in your address. That sped up a lot of deliveries for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Looking for good deal on lightbulb I can control/time from my phone please.
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks,
    Pa.

£7.49 delivered.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0875HVWTK/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_glt_fabc_8RV9C633QXXTC4ZYK4FZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

TallGlass2 wrote:
    Got the wine bottle lights, I thought it was one set, there is 9 sets in the box.

Wish I'd realized this before I ordered 4 sets :o

Wish I'd realized this before I ordered 4 sets :o

Dammit, I ordered 2 not opened yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Dealz do some for €8, have to say, they work grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Dealz do some for €8, have to say, they work grand.

I got one from Dealz and for the life of me cannot get it to work with Alexa

I don't think I even got it to work with the app the instructions use

might give it a go - it was the turning on and off setup sequence from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Sorry, should have said I just use it through the app. not Alexa or Hey Google. Timer, dimmer and colour all work perfect via Android phone.

Badly fukt wrote:
    Dammit, I ordered 2 not opened yet

I had a centerpiece in mind using four bottles...I guess I'm covered if I ever want to do one using 32 bottles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

Just a note on that clock.

I don't think you can hang it on the wall.

If you look at the picture, the usb port for charging is at the back, between the screw slots.
    Anybody know if you can have the display lighting full-time, rather than touch the (Light) button?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭POBox19

POBox19 wrote: »
    Eco Friendly Swedish Dishcloths, Biodegradable Household Cellulose Sponge for Kitchen, Super Absorbent, Non Scratch & Reusable Cellulose Sponges Cloth for Washing Dishes 18 x 20.5cm
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dishcloths-Biodegradable-Household-Cellulose-Absorbent/dp/B08Y94MM9C/ref=pd_lutyp_rtpb_1_2/257-2923639-2410104?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B08Y94D385&pd_rd_r=dc0dd8f7-7afe-41c2-b3e7-dea3284f53ab&pd_rd_w=pM0xD&pd_rd_wg=LCfI9&pf_rd_p=fc1fe410-884c-4abe-8bfa-a8c8a0ded9dd&pf_rd_r=60YKFSKBB3ENG46H912F&refRID=60YKFSKBB3ENG46H912F&th=1
    Set of 10 £6.25 or £5.21 in the basket = €6.18 delivered with Prime.

As a Kitchen Roll fan this article on CNN caught my attention:
    https://us.cnn.com/2021/06/02/cnn-underscored/swedish-dishcloth-review-cellulose-sponge/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sonya4u

dan786 wrote: »

Can I just jump in on this chat please and ask which ones you are buying for the offer? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭feelings

Are the sonic toothbrushes a load of BS marketing?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

feelings wrote: »

No. I prefer mine to the Oral B I had before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i got the atmoko one a few weeks (there's a new version of it in the non-chat thread with 10 replacement heads, and there was a philips one on sale in argos too)

my dentist told me to keep up the good cleaning work - she hadn't seen me in a few weeks.

so I'm sold on sonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,840 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No. I prefer mine to the Oral B I had before.

I've a Philips Sonicare 7300 on the way to replace my Oral B which I don't think does a great job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

No. I won't replace my Philips SonicCare for anything but another sonic toothbrush.

wait4me wrote: »
    Anybody know if you can have the display lighting full-time, rather than touch the (Light) button?

It will stay lit if it's plugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,877 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got the email to claim the £10 credit for Prime Day directly after spending the £10 on small businesses.. even before the order confirmation came through.

32p total for a trivet and two bottles of mouthwash (filler to get over £10).

Not too shabby at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Is there a specific section on Amazon for small businesses?

Failing that, can anyone point to a ten pound item :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

I remember there was talk of using Bayonet to Edison screw adapters for the TP-Link Tapo bulbs that were on offer recently.

After reading reviews warning that you could get a shock of using Bayonet to Edison screw with any light bulb I decided to research it more and it's a definitely a no no. 50% chance of getting a shock if youre touch the metal screw part by accident.

This video explains it and it also explains why there's no proper branded ones on Amazon, just Chinese brands:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,877 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Is there a specific section on Amazon for small businesses?

Failing that, can anyone point to a ten pound item :)
    Any item, or combination of items, over a tenner here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=15430759031

Probably has to be a tenner after VAT reduction so should be closer to £12.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 James345

Has anyone been charged Import Fee Deposit for purchase under 22 euro? It has happened twice on me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Doge wrote: »
    I remember there was talk of using Bayonet to Edison screw adapters for the TP-Link Tapo bulbs that were on offer recently.

After reading reviews warning that you could get a shock of using Bayonet to Edison screw with any light bulb I decided to research it more and it's a definitely a no no. 50% chance of getting a shock if youre touch the metal screw part by accident.

This video explains it and it also explains why there's no proper branded ones on Amazon, just Chinese brands:

I think I have two bulbs in the house using these adaptors. Firstly, I don't see how you could touch the metal part in any real life situation. And more importantly, I'm certain that in each case I screwed the bulb into the adaptor before I fitted it to the light. Surely that's the logical way to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

I think I have two bulbs in the house using these adaptors. Firstly, I don't see how you could touch the metal part in any real life situation. And more importantly, I'm certain that in each case I screwed the bulb into the adaptor before I fitted it to the light. Surely that's the logical way to do it?

I've 2 Philips hue bulbs running this adapter type for years with no issues. Same, I attached the adaptor to the bulb before I installed the bulb into the fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

James345 wrote: »
    Has anyone been charged Import Fee Deposit for purchase under 22 euro? It has happened twice on me so far.

No but the €22 VAT exemption is being removed from July 1st.

Advertisement