Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there a specific section on Amazon for small businesses?

Failing that, can anyone point to a ten pound item :)

You know you've got a problem when you're looking for something worth £10 to buy, in order to save £10 in a couple weeks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

CastorTroy wrote:
    You know you've got a problem when you're looking for something worth £10 to buy, in order to save £10 in a couple weeks.

Not if you find something you might need! I got two Christmas presents out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 James345

kaizersoze wrote: »
    No but the €22 VAT exemption is being removed from July 1st.

How to add pictures in the post? I just took some screenshots for an order of 11.82 pounds which was charged import fee deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

James345 wrote:
    How to add pictures in the post? I just took some screenshots for an order of 11.82 pounds which was charged import fee deposit

Is there a discount involved? It will usually charge vat off the full price

I bought a Blue Ray player and Blue Ray DVD box set in December. For some reason the Export Fees were fully refunded. That was €32 of export fees refunded 6 months later. Has happened several times but not such a big amount and not so long after the purchase. Are DVDs and Blue Ray players exempt from export fees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 James345

Is there a discount involved? It will usually charge vat off the full price

Yes, full price £19.69, with promotion £11.82 was charged, £4.53 import Fees Deposit paid on top of that.

It was only toilet rolls I ordered on 22nd May, sent on 24th May, it is still not arrived as delayed at customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Doge wrote: »
    After reading reviews warning that you could get a shock of using Bayonet to Edison screw with any light bulb I decided to research it more and it's a definitely a no no. 50% chance of getting a shock if youre touch the metal screw part by accident.

Only if you're insane enough to insert bulbs with the line switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

grogi wrote: »
    Only if you're insane enough to insert bulbs with the line switched on.

You don't need to be insane at all. Can easily happen in a room with 2 way switching. When the bulb is gone it's impossible to tell from either switch position whether the light is on or off.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

feelings wrote: »
    Are the sonic toothbrushes a load of BS marketing?

Definitely not BS marketing. I have used a Philips one for the last few months and my teeth have never been cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,840 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Anyone else getting multiple low value (< €1 each) refunds from recent purchases this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Anyone else getting multiple low value (< €1 each) refunds from recent purchases this morning?

Yep got a 50c refund yesterday on a dryrobe that I bought last summer well before Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭PreCocious

ablelocks wrote: »
    i got the atmoko one a few weeks (there's a new version of it in the non-chat thread with 10 replacement heads, and there was a philips one on sale in argos too)

my dentist told me to keep up the good cleaning work - she hadn't seen me in a few weeks.

so I'm sold on sonic.

+1 for the Atmoko one. It was dirt cheap, came with loads of heads and does the job very well - my teeth certainly feel cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Has anyone tried the silicone molds? I have been looking at them for a while but thought they might be a mess to clean

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Has anyone tried the silicone molds? I have been looking at them for a while but thought they might be a mess to clean

Dishwasher good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I know somebody else mentioned this before, but it would be really useful if people could stick a description of what is on offer rather than just the amazon link. My suggestions based on viewed items is all over the shop because I've clicked links not knowing what they were...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

dulpit wrote: »
    I know somebody else mentioned this before, but it would be really useful if people could stick a description of what is on offer rather than just the amazon link. My suggestions based on viewed items is all over the shop because I've clicked links not knowing what they were...

I personally enjoy Boards Bargains Roulette, I just click and buy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Bought Samsung Buds Live two days ago from Amazon, was going to buy another pair for a friend but it's now showing: This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

Canonfan wrote: »
    Bought Samsung Buds Live two days ago from Amazon, was going to buy another pair for a friend but it's now showing: This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location.:confused:

samsung running cashback on certain items also at moment, check it out

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Open link in a private tab, just about all browsers on all platforms offer this option, your personal suggestions will remain unaffected.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Open link in a private tab, just about all browsers on all platforms offer this option, your personal suggestions will remain unaffected.

Fine on desktop, pain on mobile when it auto-opens in the app.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

pain on mobile when it auto-opens in the app.

That's not what happens for me, the default behaviour when opening a link as a private tab is to open a private tab. Sorry for offering advice that differs from your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tropics001

brightkane wrote: »

thanks for this, ordered for my daughter, she loves it. really nice quality. back to 45 gbp now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭jc77

Simoniz Multi-purpose Pressure Washer Fluid, 5L - £4.15 (for us)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Simoniz-Multi-Use-Pressure-Washer-Fluid/dp/B00VEG3QA0

The page includes "U.K MAINLAND SHIPPING ONLY", however, is "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon", and I was able to make a purchase.

I don't know how good this is. I was looking for a detergent (for car) to use with a Karcher Power washer (any other recommendations welcome).

EDIT: The reviews aren't great

EDIT 2: I cancelled my order

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

jc77 wrote: »

The page includes "U.K MAINLAND SHIPPING ONLY", however, is "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon", and I was able to make a purchase.

I don't know how good this is. I was looking for a detergent (for car) to use with a Karcher Power washer (any other recommendations welcome).

thanks, ordered some it's silly cheap
    Update ordered a second one for my Dad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭tnegun

jc77 wrote: »

EDIT: The reviews aren't great

Picked some up a few weeks back its poor. I think its already diluted so you go through it quickly I purchased before about 18 months ago and it had the consistency of thick washing up liquid this stuff is very watery.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

The ones I got are meant to last 180 days, and are rechargeable, or can be connected to a solar panel they also sell. I suspect, that they could technically be plugged in all the time.

I live in a bungalow with solid internal walls, and so for signal strength I put the Homebase station into the attic where it works well. Although the homebase requires to be plugged in.

Eufy Homebase 2 Pro with 2 cameras. Cameras are the 2C Pro version. Resolution 2k and the 'C' stands for colour at night, albeit using an inbuilt light. It can also use infrared: 20% off and so cost €239.99 https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08DY8971N/

Eufy 2C camera. Resolution 1080p: 20% off and so they cost €79.99. https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07XCC3GDX or https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07XCC3GDX

The prices of individual cameras changed slightly between my orders and that is why I used both ES and FR. There would be delivery charges on both sites.

It is also working as an alarm for my shed using the door sensor: £16.66 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JJD6CFV/

I am loving the notifications. I can't see my driveway from where I work, and without the cameras, it would be possible to drive around the back of the house without me noticing.

Near ready to pull the trigger on this deal but can anyone explain how it works when you buy off amazon FR but its fulfilled by the UK Amazon?

Edit - if its coming via the UK will i pay customs?

Cheers Paul

Sold by AnkerDirect UK Fulfilled and by Amazon .

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SmithJames84

wait4me wrote: »
    Anybody know if you can have the display lighting full-time, rather than touch the (Light) button?

Yes. The Always On button on the back.

Edit: to clarify, it's a switch on the back, on the left is an image of a person speaking (indicating that the clock will come on of you make a sound) and then on the right is an image of a sun, ie it will stay lit permanently. Bizarre setup but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Pauly26 wrote: »
    Near ready to pull the trigger on this deal but can anyone explain how it works when you buy off amazon FR but its fulfilled by the UK Amazon?

Edit - if its coming via the UK will i pay customs?

Cheers Paul

Sold by AnkerDirect UK Fulfilled and by Amazon .

No customs and it came through An Post like everything else for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Anyone else get the deal on Gillete Shaving gel about 2 weeks ago. Placed the order 26th May and not dispatched yet.

Advertisement