Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

Anyone else get the deal on Gillete Shaving gel about 2 weeks ago. Placed the order 26th May and not dispatched yet.

Yes. Still awaiting delivery date.

Update :
    I cancelled the original order and ordered this one to see what date comes up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078GZ9XRN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_JTNWJYCQF3H8QV3FD1TK

Done subscribe and save for 3, £4.43 is what I the charge is and says delivery before 8th July.
    In my account is says no delivery date available but the email says 8th July. Also, Ive yet to be charged for the second order. Looking back in my revolut, don't think I was charged for the original order either. Price could change before dispatch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GUXZTAC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_9B9J3B6778Z7B09VAS8Q

17 percent discount on PS Plus membership.

Where it says UK account only, would this work for Irish accounts too?

It's cheaper direct from Sony.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/ps-plus/join-ps-plus/

The real deal was when it was £32.85 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Anyone else getting multiple low value (< €1 each) refunds from recent purchases this morning?

HAPPY DAYS. Full refund of export fees :D:D:D:D:D ( Iphone 12 Mini)

Reason for refund: Export fee reduced

The following is the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Import Fee Deposit Refund: £104.83

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GUXZTAC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_9B9J3B6778Z7B09VAS8Q

17 percent discount on PS Plus membership.

Where it says UK account only, would this work for Irish accounts too?

I mean, the clue is in this explicit statement... No, it won't work.

However, you can set up a new account to be UK specific: https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/change-psn-region-ps4/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is there any way of searching Amazon and filtering only items that have vouchers available? Seems when you do a general search it gives headline prices and you dont know if there is a voucher or not till you click into the listing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

^^^^^

Explains all https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Amazon-Promotional-Codes saves me the bother :D

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I am in the market for a new travel mug, as my old one has gone through the dishwasher one too many times, spotted one on Amazon that will do me fine, what's the story on vat though, as I thought everything below 22€ had vat removed at checkout, this item doesn't seem to have it's vat removed though. It's a tenner sterling?
    dulpit wrote: »
    Fine on desktop, pain on mobile when it auto-opens in the app.

You can turn that option off. If it's android, here's the guide I followed.

https://gadgetstouse.com/blog/2021/03/19/how-to-stop-google-chrome-from-opening-apps-on-android/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

McMurphy wrote:
    I am in the market for a new travel mug, as my old one has gone through the dishwasher one too many times, spotted one on Amazon that will do me fine, what's the story on vat though, as I thought everything below 22€ had vat removed at checkout, this item doesn't seem to have it's vat removed though. It's a tenner sterling?

I can't see a link but it might be a zero vat rated product and/or seller that doesn't break down vat properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I can't see a link but it might be a zero vat rated product and/or seller that doesn't break down vat properly.

Sorry my bad not linking to it, here goes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TXN8PNF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_HR5X8PC0NSCW988QEYG9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

McMurphy wrote: »

There's no VAT to be removed (which can be seen by using a UK address and noticing no VAT breakdown on the checkout page), either because it's VAT exempt or (more likely) the seller is not declaring VAT correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Quick question - got a lighting deal on some solar lights, why am I still paying import fees as the item was under the value where import fees apply? am I missing something?, I think when I was buying it it was coming up around 15 'ish on the product page as far as I remember...

Item(s) Subtotal: GBP 27.49
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    Total Before VAT: GBP 27.49
    VAT: GBP 0.00
    Total: GBP 27.49
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 16.67
    Import Fees Deposit GBP 6.32
    Grand Total: GBP 17.14
    Payment Grand Total: EUR 20,31

Moreilly wrote: »
    Quick question - got a lighting deal on some solar lights, why am I still paying import fees as the item was under the value where import fees apply? am I missing something?, I think when I was buying it it was coming up around 15 'ish on the product page as far as I remember...

Item(s) Subtotal: GBP 27.49
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    Total Before VAT: GBP 27.49
    VAT: GBP 0.00
    Total: GBP 27.49
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 16.67
    Import Fees Deposit GBP 6.32
    Grand Total: GBP 17.14
    Payment Grand Total: EUR 20,31

Import fees are charged before the promotion is applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Does anyone have any solutions to buying stuff from Amazon when it says it doesn't know when the item will be back in stock but it can deliver to the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

For folks who got the 10 gift card for buying the silicone kitchen set. How long did it take to arrive, or what did you have to do to get the gift voucher in your balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

A2LUE42 wrote:
    For folks who got the 10 gift card for buying the silicone kitchen set. How long did it take to arrive, or what did you have to do to get the gift voucher in your balance?

You'll get an email sent to straight away and must confirm your gift card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

paska wrote: »
    Does anyone have any solutions to buying stuff from Amazon when it says it doesn't know when the item will be back in stock but it can deliver to the UK?

You could try An Post Address Pal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

I received that cheap sonic toothbrush today and didnt expect it to be so aggressive. First time using it felt like I was using a dremel tool in my gob, especially if I accidently hit the back of the toothbrush head against my teeth.

Ill give it a few more days try.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I received that cheap sonic toothbrush today and didnt expect it to be so aggressive. First time using it felt like I was using a dremel tool in my gob, especially if I accidently hit the back of the toothbrush head against my teeth.

You get used to it. I don't even notice it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ablelocks

it's a feature - you open your mouth wider to avoid the vibrating drill in head effect, get better access to your teeth leading to more effective cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Posted this back in April - jumped down in price now - works out at £11.32 = €13.20 (using Revolut, etc.)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0848CHK8K (If you use the smile.amazon.co.uk address, you can donate to charity as well for free - not sure if that counts as an affil link?)

AH-30.jpg
    2021-06-11-14-51-23-Air-Hogs-Super-Soft-Stunt-Shot-Indoor-Remote-Control-Stunt-Vehicle-with-Soft-Wh.png

Great deal. 2 Christmas/Birthday presents bought already. This is 31.99 OOS in Smyths.

Airhogs stuff tend to be a bit rubbish but the kids love them. Thanks OP.

• Advertisement

I just had an Amazon delivery. Note inside it saying it had been opened, inspected and resealed by customs. That's the first time I've seen that with any of my Amazon packages. Revenue must do spot checks on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I just had an qmazon delivery. Note inside it saying it had been opened, inspected and resealed by customs. That's the first time I've seen that with any of my amazon packages. Revenue must do spot checks on Amazon.

Id be very disappointed if they didn't

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Id be very disappointed if they didn't

True, I've had 144 orders this year on my account and it was the first time I had seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I just had an Amazon delivery. Note inside it saying it had been opened, inspected and resealed by customs. That's the first time I've seen that with any of my Amazon packages. Revenue must do spot checks on Amazon.

was it via addresspal or direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

True, I've had 144 orders this year on my account and it was the first time I had seen it.

I hear you. I'd have the same or more orders & never checked but I would be very disappointed if they never check amazon parcels. It would be a great way for illegal goods to be smuggled into the country :)

ablelocks wrote: »

Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I had the same today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,034 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe they thought "Hmm, no one would order this many parcels from amazon".
    Unfortunately for them it was the other 143 they should've checked

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ablelocks wrote: »

I thought address pal etc were done and dusted?

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    I thought address pal etc were done and dusted?

Address Pal is still around, just more expensive with import charges.

Advertisement