Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Seve OB wrote: »
    I thought address pal etc were done and dusted?

nope, i've a coffee order on the way with addresspal. And they have valued it correctly, so the extra tenner i've to pay is (a?!) fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭archfi

Could anyone with experience of the Philips Sonic Care toothbrushes give me an idea on which model would be the best to go for?
    For effective features, most heads supplied etc
    Cheers

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Just go for the cheapest, and wait for it to be discounted. The extra features are almost entirely **** or superfluous, and I say that as someone who's had a £30 one, a £60 one, and a £120 one.

Just go for the cheapest, and wait for it to be discounted. The extra features are almost entirely **** or superfluous, and I say that as someone who's had a £30 one, a £60 one, and a £120 one.

Cheers, I'm waiting to see if it's on offer in a week or two.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe they thought "Hmm, no one would order this many parcels from amazon".
    Unfortunately for them it was the other 143 they should've checked

Ya, it really was! Most of my individual orders are grouped into the one package definitely worth more than €22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got those bath bombs, they ended up being €12.66 then got the €10 back. So 2.66

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083FFVPQK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_2NJ02H6AKVVZECHER4ZA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,840 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

archfi wrote: »
    Could anyone with experience of the Philips Sonic Care toothbrushes give me an idea on which model would be the best to go for?
    For effective features, most heads supplied etc
    Cheers

I've a 7300 due to be delivered today. Got it for 85 quid at the start of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭techdiver

Why are amazon refunding import fees on orders. I'm getting quite a large refund on an nvme drive I bought which amounts to no vat paid? It's well over the exempt rate.

Item: WD_BLACK SN750 1TB High-Performance NVMe Internal Gaming SSD
    Quantity: 1
    ASIN: B07M64QXMN
    Reason for refund: Export fee reduced

The following is the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Import Fee Deposit Refund: £20.12

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

techdiver wrote: »
    Why are amazon refunding import fees on orders. I'm getting quite a large refund on an nvme drive I bought which amounts to no vat paid? It's well over the exempt rate.

Item: WD_BLACK SN750 1TB High-Performance NVMe Internal Gaming SSD
    Quantity: 1
    ASIN: B07M64QXMN
    Reason for refund: Export fee reduced

The following is the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Import Fee Deposit Refund: £20.12

It seems to be a glitch on their system. I have gotten over 1K refunds on my business account. It's VAT that I was going to claim from revenue anyway & I thought it was becaust it's a business account. But plenty of posters are getting full import fees on some items

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It seems to be a glitch on their system. I have gotten over 1K refunds on my business account. It's VAT that I was going to claim from revenue anyway & I thought it was becaust it's a business account. But plenty of posters are getting full import fees on some items

No your making me wish I'd spent more :pac:

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I’ve got a whopping €0.68 back so far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭techdiver

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm up to about £80 back, which mean for those items I paid no VAT. I'll probably re-spend it with them anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,876 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Buy lots from Amazon but not seen one refund!

I've had about 3.70 back so far from orders going back months

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I've had about 3.70 back so far from orders going back months

I'm up to about a fiver in total even for stuff I bought pre brexit.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I've a 7300 due to be delivered today. Got it for 85 quid at the start of the week

Let's know what you think in a few days, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,489 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Any ideas of the Prime Day offers yet?
    Or what would they normally do for the Summer one.
    It’s the 21st and 22nd.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Any ideas of the Prime Day offers yet?
    Or what would they normally do for the Summer one.
    It’s the 21st and 22nd.

Don't expect too much IMHO. I'm just hoping for some extra warehouse discounts.

delly wrote: »
    Don't expect too much IMHO. I'm just hoping for some extra warehouse discounts.

A solid 30% in warehouse deal would be good, but last couple of timed warehouse deals haven't bee that generous or only covered a small amount of stock.

I'll still have a list of items ready to check on the day just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Any ideas of the Prime Day offers yet? Or what would they normally do for the Summer one. It’s the 21st and 22nd.

You can be sure of good deals on amazon products like kindle, firesticks, echo etc

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    That one doesn't appear to be in stock until June 18 (also the link above is dead) with delivery by 2nd July?!

this seems to be the active link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Canvas-Select-microSD-SDCS2/dp/B07ZG8W8B4/

For £9.57 you can get the same card but with the extra SD adaptor, and get it delivered in a few days

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YGZ7JD5/

The URL for that one is a bit strange? Thats the second time its changed. I had it bookmarked before I posted it as a bargain alert and when I went to post it the bargain was gone (price had gone up) but when I searched for the specific item I found it again with the same bargain price.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

Has there been any deals recently on Prime membership itself? I picked up a year at a discount two Black Fridays ago but there was none last year or since from what I've seen or maybe I missed it.

The other thing that makes me a bit doubtful of getting a full year of Prime is Brexit, do we fully know yet how Amazon UK /Prime will be affected or is it as now and the price you pay Amazon will always be the final price?

archfi wrote: »
    Let's know what you think in a few days, cheers

Arrived a while ago. First impressions vs my oral B..

- It's both a lot faster and a lot less hard on teeth even at max speed/deep clean settings. It actually feels nice on my teeth

- It's a lot quieter

- The timer/calendar in the app is handy. There was a firmware update for the brush on first connect that ran fine over the Bluetooth link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭kindalen

Got my 74p First Aid Kit. It is full, great bargain!

bifl wrote: »
    Has there been any deals recently on Prime membership itself? I picked up a year at a discount two Black Fridays ago but there was none last year or since from what I've seen or maybe I missed it.

The other thing that makes me a bit doubtful of getting a full year of Prime is Brexit, do we fully know yet how Amazon UK /Prime will be affected or is it as now and the price you pay Amazon will always be the final price?

How much is prime membership? I got the student deal a couple of years ago (around €45 a year I think?) All I needed was a working college email, thankfully Trinity email address are for life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

I am looking at a drone on Amazon UK.and if I add it to my cart I get a price of around 320 euro including 70 euro import deposit. At the price it's still cheaper than amazon Germany but are there other charges that will be levied on me by Irish Customs ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

quartz1 wrote: »
    I am looking at a drone on Amazon UK.and if I add it to my cart I get a price of around 320 euro including 70 euro import deposit. At the price it's still cheaper than amazon Germany but are there other charges that will be levied on me by Irish Customs ? Thanks

What you pay at the checkout is what it costs you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Kat1170

grogi wrote: »
    What you pay at the checkout is what it costs you.

So long as it's Sold or Fulfilled by Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Kat1170 wrote: »
    So long as it's Sold or Fulfilled by Amazon.

If they are getting import fee deposit added to the price, it will be properly taxed.

I don't even look at items not fulfilled by azon I forget you can buy from marketplace as well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Nivea Shower Gell seems to be gone. I tried putting in my basket half an hour ago but it never actually went it, then gave me an error message. Gone up in price now.

Advertisement