Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

olearydc wrote: »
    Hi

Unsure if any good but reviews seem positive and very handy size at good price

96 x 60ml Hand Sanitiser Gel by PeppyPure - Made With 75% Plant-Based Alcohol - Kills 99.9% of Bacteria - EU Compliant (Pack of 96)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08MV32BG1?

Order Total: £10.82 at checkout
    You last purchased this item on 22 May 2021.

Still waiting for it to be dispatched!

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Still waiting for it to be dispatched!

Doesn't say anywhere in the blurb about being effective against viruses, in fact it stresses the antibacterial qualities, so anybody thinking this is a cheap way to combat Covid might be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Doesn't say anywhere in the blurb about being effective against viruses, in fact it stresses the antibacterial qualities, so anybody thinking this is a cheap way to combat Covid might be disappointed.

Its 75% alcohol :rolleyes:

If you want to nit pick then its C-diff that produces spores that aren't affected by alcohol.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Its 75% alcohol :rolleyes:

If you want to nit pick then its C-diff that produces spores that aren't affected by alcohol.

Not nit picking , usually manufacturers are falling over themselves to talk up hand sanitisers effectiveness against Covid, just seems strange that they wouldn't.
    Also the company I originally bought my hand sanitiser from, won't ship to Ireland anymore because of the alcohol content (70%} so Caveat Emptor is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

bifl wrote: »
    Has there been any deals recently on Prime membership itself? I picked up a year at a discount two Black Fridays ago but there was none last year or since from what I've seen or maybe I missed it.

There hasn't been a deal on prime membership for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Hi

96 x 60ml Hand Sanitiser Gel by PeppyPure - Made With 75% Plant-Based Alcohol - Kills 99.9% of Bacteria - EU Compliant (Pack of 96)

Bought this for €12.88 and got £10 credit for Prime day - the ultimate bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

Anyone not getting prime day vouchers. Bought the kitchen utensils set few weeks ago. Got no voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

muirsheen wrote: »
    Anyone not getting prime day vouchers. Bought the kitchen utensils set few weeks ago. Got no voucher

The offer wasn't there a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

muirsheen wrote: »

Just got £10 after buying the sanitizer

Just got £10 after buying the sanitizer

Me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

Folks just about to purchase Vitamins tablets from a uk company they assure me there is no vat :

We ship from the UK, however all duties/customs are prepaid by us. You shouldn't see any charges. :)

They say nobody has sid they have been charged

Interested in your views

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Not nit picking , usually manufacturers are falling over themselves to talk up hand sanitisers effectiveness against Covid, just seems strange that they wouldn't.
    Also the company I originally bought my hand sanitiser from, won't ship to Ireland anymore because of the alcohol content (70%} so Caveat Emptor is my advice.

It's not effective against Covid because Covid doesn't transmit like that. The whole hand sanitation affair was a reaction to not knowing how it transmits at the beginning. Unfortunately public is not best at accepting that the state of knowledge is changing, so we simply stayed with that, with assumption that it causes no harm anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16 plomino

wrote:
    It's not effective against Covid because Covid doesn't transmit like that. The whole hand sanitation affair was a reaction to not knowing how it transmits at the beginning. Unfortunately public is not best at accepting that the state of knowledge is changing, so we simply stayed with that, with assumption that it causes no harm anyway

**Covid doesn't transmit like that.**

Please don't make such silly declarations on a public forum when even the scientific community hasn't agreed on any statement remotely like that.

The ****LIKELIHOOD**** of you transmitting to another person via touch/external surfaces (as opposed to airborne) is massively less. That doesn't make it zero.

That doesn't magically mean that "covid doesn't transmit like that".

The attention and hyper-focus on surfaces *over* and to the detriment of focusing on improving ventilation (to reduce airborne transmission) is what scientists are calling time on.

educate yourself before declaring such nonsense during a global pandemic
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00251-4 (jan '21)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

faolteam wrote: »
    Folks just about to purchase Vitamins tablets from a uk company they assure me there is no vat :

We ship from the UK, however all duties/customs are prepaid by us. You shouldn't see any charges. :)

Interested in your views

Easiest way of checking is changing the delivery address from an Ireland address to a UK address and seeing if the order total changes by a few pence to account for a difference between 20% and 23%. It is possible that they would be registered with Revenue to take VAT at the point of sale.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Hi

Ordered this 23/5 for £8.32.... still waiting for it to be dispatched.

Interested in your views

Anybody

Anybody

Is this UK company on Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Interested in your views

Unless they are registered for Irish VAT they will charge you UK VAT of 20%. Then An Post or your Irish courier will probably charge you import duties/Irish VAT of 23% on the sterling price including shipping. So in effect you will pay double VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

I see that Basq got a little too much sun today in the no chat thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

degsie wrote: »
    I see that Basq got a little too much sun today in the no chat thread!
    The Christmas tree one was too much? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Basq wrote: »
    The Christmas tree one was too much? :D

I got it. Thank you. Moved from an apartment to a house recently and there will be space for Christmas trees this year. Now I need about a million outdoor lights for a huge deodar cedar tree that the kids think is a Christmas tree. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

I got it. Thank you. Moved from an apartment to a house recently and there will be space for Christmas trees this year. Now I need about a million outdoor lights for a huge deodar cedar tree that the kids think is a Christmas tree. :D

Nice. You can never have enough Christmas lights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ElNino wrote:
    Unless they are registered for Irish VAT they will charge you UK VAT of 20%. Then An Post or your Irish courier will probably charge you import duties/Irish VAT of 23% on the sterling price including shipping. So in effect you will pay double VAT.

They don't need to be registered for Irish vat. If they are registered for UK vat then then this is included in the price and should be removed at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Just note that they're 3cm diameter, so they're quite small!

What's with all the chat on the no chat thread? It was so good for ages but it's gone mental in the past fortnight, must be a nightmare for the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ibrahimovic

NIVEA MEN Shower Gel Energy (6 x 400ml), Energizing Body Wash.

Note those are 400ml bottles, not the 250ml ones you get in dealz. Says dispatched in 1-4 weeks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086TZ6FTY

£5 for us

Just a heads up they have this but the 'NIVEA MEN Sensitive Shower' version in stock atm. Probably need to be quick. It says dispatched in 2-4 weeks.

Not sure what happens vat wise if they are delivered after July, anyone have clarification yet? Can always cancel if it turns out there will be charges and its not been dispatched by the end of the month.

Caranica wrote: »
    Is this UK company on Amazon?

No sorry its not on Amazon but they deal with sterling and euros

they said :

As mentioned they are all prepaid by us, and no customer has gotten back to us to let us know they were still asked to pay VAT.
    Please do get in touch should you receive any such communication and we will look into this for you, as there is not supposed to be any additional charge.

Easiest way of checking is changing the delivery address from an Ireland address to a UK address and seeing if the order total changes by a few pence to account for a difference between 20% and 23%. It is possible that they would be registered with Revenue to take VAT at the point of sale.

Well they prices are exactly the same in Sterling and euro ie there priced at £29.99 uk and €29.99 euro

Just seen this :
    We're a UK & Irish company and all of the products we supply are manufactured within the United Kingdom & Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SmithJames84

Caranica wrote: »
    What's with all the chat on the no chat thread? It was so good for ages but it's gone mental in the past fortnight, must be a nightmare for the mods.

I wouldn't necessarily call having to click Delete on a few posts 'a nightmare.'

And even a Moderator was chatting on it today.

The thread does go a bit Wild West sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

No sorry its not on Amazon but they deal with sterling and euros

they said :

As mentioned they are all prepaid by us, and no customer has gotten back to us to let us know they were still asked to pay VAT.
    Please do get in touch should you receive any such communication and we will look into this for you, as there is not supposed to be any additional charge.

This thread is about Amazon Prime bargains.

Advertisement