Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

We've bought some of those too, have found most masks and sanitiser has dropped in price as supply has been ramped up. The masks are very good value though (we bought 2 boxes and the VAT came off).

I place 5 separate orders so as to ensure they would all be VAT free, all 1000 then were delivered in the same order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Gumbo wrote: »
    Its not an issue with the environment in many cases.
    I done it for various orders over the last few weeks, toothpaste, small tools etc and when you order multiples, even in separate orders, they group them all into one box, which of course is recyclable.

You still believe in recycling fairy tail?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

grogi wrote: »
    You still believe in recycling fairy tail?

Yes, the boxes were used to store my Detailing Microfibre Cloths. They are really good sturdy boxes. I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Aquos76 wrote: »
    i ordered 1000 masks on Friday evening, arrived yesterday morning, in 20 boxes of 50 masks. Great value considering we were paying over €12 for boxes of 50 masks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08MYYPKMT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mr Price has been selling boxes of 50 masks for €4.99 for weeks now. Eurogiant are selling them at the same price too. All FDA and CE approved. So for anyone near any of these stores it'll be much cheaper than Amazon.

shocksy wrote: »
    Mr Price has been selling boxes of 50 masks for €4.99 for weeks now. Eurogiant are selling them at the same price too. All FDA and CE approved. So for anyone near any of these stores it'll be much cheaper than Amazon.

In what way is that much cheaper than Amazon? 100 masks costs £6.66 off Amazon from that link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Aquos76 wrote: »
    i ordered 1000 masks on Friday evening, arrived yesterday morning, in 20 boxes of 50 masks. Great value considering we were paying over €12 for boxes of 50 masks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08MYYPKMT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No offence but I hope you don't get to use them all!!

Fann Linn wrote: »
    No offence but I hope you don't get to use them all!!

They are for a transport company where we have almost 70 vehicles operating on school transport, so it's a requirement that every vehicle have additional masks at all times. Most drivers now have their own masks but these are there in case he/she forgets one

OmegaGene wrote: »
    quick maths :D

A few cent over €75 via revolut for 1000 masks compared to €100 in Mr Price, so thats a decent saving in my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can imagine street thugs buying them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

fryup wrote: »
    can imagine street thugs buying them

Only thugs with style and panache

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭kindalen

Anyone know why there is no Vat reduction for lightening deals? Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

kindalen wrote: »

I found items sold and dispatched by Amazon had the reduction and items sold by third parties usually didn't. Could that be the issue?

There is a VAT reduction.

If you are referring to the torches, the price without the lightning deal discount is £17.99, made up of the item price of £14.99 and the VAT of £3. The lightning deal price (£15.29) gets changed to the VAT free price (£14.99) on the last page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Because of the way Amazon deals with LD. The LD is the price you pay - it was always like that, even when we had higher VAT. With Lightning you'd pay what was advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Has anyone else been able to get Amazon household to work since Brexit? Can no longer share Prime membership with my wife as Amazon claim its UK only?
    Going to have to cancel prime if the bargain of sharing is removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Has anyone else been able to get Amazon household to work since Brexit? Can no longer share Prime membership with my wife as Amazon claim its UK only?
    Why can't she just login to your account also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Has anyone else been able to get Amazon household to work since Brexit? Can no longer share Prime membership with my wife as Amazon claim its UK only? Going to have to cancel prime if the bargain of sharing is removed.

Mine is still working (apart from the features that never worked, like sharing prime video)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Worked fine for my wife the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

rom wrote: »
    Why can't she just login to your account also?

Because that's against the terms and conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

CH3OH wrote: »
    Sandisk ultra usb type-c & usb 3.1 dual memory stick

544357.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-Type-C-Flash-Drive/dp/B01EZ0X55C

£14.70 after VAT reduction

Writes at 40MB/s. OK, but about 55mins to fill. Still handy to have around for the odd time I need a USB-C drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is it Possible to get another 30 day free trial of prime after cancelling one?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Because that's against the terms and conditions.

Your right they might send the Amazon police around to your house to make sure who is buying what...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Ours never stopped working?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

positron wrote: »
    I ordered a quick release seat clamp for the bike from AliExpress and another from Decathlon on the same day. After about two weeks, both orders arrived in consecutive days. Either Decathlon is really slow, or AliExpress is getting quicker.

AliExpress is getting better. We use them a lot and everything is under 4 weeks and a lot of items are 2-3 weeks max

Massive improvement

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

listermint wrote: »
    Your right they might send the Amazon police around to your house to make sure who is buying what...

At least we know they wouldn't arrive the next day! I wonder would they still need to clear customs or would they just send the Belgian police?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,034 ✭✭✭✭muffler

og2k7 wrote: »
    AliExpress is getting better. We use them a lot and everything is under 4 weeks and a lot of items are 2-3 weeks max

Massive improvement
    Would love to know what this has to do with Amazon prime bargains :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

muffler wrote: »
    Would love to know what this has to do with Amazon prime bargains :rolleyes:

Replied to a comment but a fair point

Cordless Hand Vacuum Cleaner - Ryobi

£28.00

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079QB6XW7?th=1

Just to note for people who may be tempted that this does not come with a battery nor a charger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

My £5.08 toothbrush arrived today, due Friday.

Advertisement