Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭MovieFest

Still waiting for it to be dispatched!

Can Amazon just leave an item waiting to ship indefinitely?

I have two items waiting to ship for over a month now, is there a way to contact the seller or do I just sit tight and wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

MovieFest wrote:
    I have two items waiting to ship for over a month now, is there a way to contact the seller or do I just sit tight and wait?

I contacted Amazon earlier about the sanitizer and the guy got in touch with the fulfillment center and promised it would be shipped within 48 hours. Worth checking for your items maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I wouldn't necessarily call having to click Delete on a few posts 'a nightmare.'

And even a Moderator was chatting on it today.

The thread does go a bit Wild West sometimes.

It's the constant need to delete posts that's a nightmare. I was a mod in a previous life and I know how frustrating it can be. Remember mods are just regular posters on fora that they don't moderate, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a BA mod who was chatting.

Anyone else have issues with the Amazon app over the weekend? I finally got the hand sanitiser yesterday but links weren't opening properly Friday and Saturday and I couldn't search.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

MovieFest wrote: »

If you're buying from Amazon, two things might have happened:
    - the items are located in a fulfilment centre that does not ship to Ireland. They need to be physicalloved to fulfilment centre that does and that take time.
    - items cannot be shipped to Ireland and the order was taken by mistake.

Contact CS and enquire. If the order need to be cancelled, be very very upset, you'll get some coupons...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Villa05

MovieFest wrote:

Ordered in Feb, payment only drawn down by amazon last week. Appeared to be a genuine stock out

Price has doubled since the ordered price in feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Villa05 wrote: »
    Ordered in Feb, payment only drawn down by amazon last week. Appeared to be a genuine stock out

Price has doubled since the ordered price in feb

did you pay the original price or the current price?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

did you pay the original price or the current price?

Price from original order.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭PreCocious

kindalen wrote: »
    Got my 74p First Aid Kit. It is full, great bargain!

Mine arrived this morning - savage value. Products have two-year lifespan.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

PreCocious wrote: »
    Mine arrived this morning - savage value. Products have two-year lifespan.

Is it still available, link me if you can please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

i made and order on 5th Feb for a seat - same story - told wold be escalated in 48 hours - etc.
    still no sign of it

they released the payment on my credit card

and the think I don't get ( but they struggled to understand" is it was a warehouse deals item , ( a rerun I think) so either existed or didn't , its not like a waiting on new stock situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭PreCocious

• Registered Users Posts: 28,840 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

archfi wrote: »
    Let's know what you think in a few days, cheers
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Arrived a while ago. First impressions vs my oral B..

- It's both a lot faster and a lot less hard on teeth even at max speed/deep clean settings. It actually feels nice on my teeth

- It's a lot quieter

- The timer/calendar in the app is handy. There was a firmware update for the brush on first connect that ran fine over the Bluetooth link

One more update..

This (Sonicare 7300) is a fantastic piece of kit. I know there's an upgrade model that will give you live feedback in the app, but the timer and tracker is enough for me.

My teeth feel a lot cleaner and fresher after each brush and it's a much more pleasant and gentle experience generally than the Oral B I was using (and which I've now retired).

I'd recommend keeping an eye out for one in the upcoming Amazon sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Amazon echo earbuds are £49.99 for prime members, t at checkout with import fees its £64.66, something must be wrong, ld uk vat not be removed if we are paying import fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

meathman0 wrote:
    Amazon echo earbuds are £49.99 for prime members, t at checkout with import fees its £64.66, something must be wrong, ld uk vat not be removed if we are paying import fees?

They're charging import fees on original price

They're charging import fees on original price

which is correct. It is the same if they offered you a discount code, which is basically what this is. You pay the import duty on the value of the item which is not necessarily the price you pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

meathman0 wrote: »

It would be good if people went as far as putting the item in their basket and going to the checkout to see the actual price before posting the bargain alert.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

ablelocks wrote: »

Very strange and probably due to the way that Amazon handle some of their special offers?

If you buy them at the Non-deal price of £119 they remove the UK VAT before adding the import tax so you get the normal small increase and would pay £122.99

However if you buy them at the Prime Exclusive Deal price of £49.99 the VAT isn't removed so you pay £64.66

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cindella_D

zell12 wrote: »

Unreasonably happy with this as our teaspoons keep going missing, glad to have some replacements :)

Very strange and probably due to the way that Amazon handle some of their special offers?

If you buy them at the Non-deal price of £119 they remove the UK VAT before adding the import tax so you get the normal small increase and would pay £122.99

However if you buy them at the Prime Exclusive Deal price of £49.99 the VAT isn't removed so you pay £64.66

no, they are removing the UK vat before adding the import duty. This is the price breakdown given on the main amazon bargains thread. €116 is the equivalent of £99. £99 is the UK price of £119 less UK vat. What is happening is that you are paying Irish VAT on the full value of the items. the promotion is only applied after this.

Order Summary
    Items: EUR 116,60
    Postage & Packing: EUR 0,00
    Import Fees Deposit: EUR 26,82
    Total: EUR 143,42
    Promotion Applied: -EUR 68,02
    Exchange rate guarantee fee: EUR 1,61
    Order Total: EUR 77,01

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

So anything to expect/look out for on prime day ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Cindella_D wrote: »
    Unreasonably happy with this as our teaspoons keep going missing, glad to have some replacements :)

I hope they are not like this

2uu4b1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 46,029 ✭✭✭✭muffler

no, they are removing the UK vat before adding the import duty. This is the price breakdown given on the main amazon bargains thread. €116 is the equivalent of £99. £99 is the UK price of £119 less UK vat. What is happening is that you are paying Irish VAT on the full value of the items. the promotion is only applied after this.

Order Summary
    Items: EUR 116,60
    Postage & Packing: EUR 0,00
    Import Fees Deposit: EUR 26,82
    Total: EUR 143,42
    Promotion Applied: -EUR 68,02
    Exchange rate guarantee fee: EUR 1,61
    Order Total: EUR 77,01
    Something must have changed since last week. On Tuesday last my wife was about to place an order the buds but they were showing up at €86 and a few cents. I couldnt figure out how they came at that figure so I ordered them on my account and got them delivered to a post office in Strabane (10 minute drive) where I collected them this morning. Here's the details

Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal:GBP 99.99
    Postage & Packing:GBP 0.00
    Total Before VAT:GBP 41.66
    VAT:GBP 20.00

Total:
    Promotion Applied:-GBP 70.00
    Grand Total:GBP 49.99
    Payment Grand Total:EUR 59,34

Odd thing is that delivery to NI is usually 1 day but it took from Tuesday to Saturday for them to arrive. Had she placed the order for home delivery here it would have arrived last Thursday. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭POBox19

muffler wrote: »
    Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal:GBP 99.99
    Postage & Packing:GBP 0.00
    Total Before VAT:GBP 41.66
    VAT:GBP 20.00

Total:
    Promotion Applied:-GBP 70.00
    Grand Total:GBP 49.99
    Payment Grand Total:EUR 59,34

The error Amazon are making is removing the vat from the promotional discount of £70.00 and not re-applying it when they convert to euro. As as result our promotional discount is only €68 instead of €83.64. Our price should be somewhere close to €60.00 not €77.01.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

which is correct. It is the same if they offered you a discount code, which is basically what this is. You pay the import duty on the value of the item which is not necessarily the price you pay.

I'm not sure this is correct, I emailed revenue last year on something similar (I was buying something from outside the EU where it had free shipping over $300, which reduced the price by over $100) and I explained the situation and they responded a longer email but summarised it with "VAT is applied to the total you paid plus customs duty"

I can't imagine Amazon would have this setup wrong though, so maybe the customs person didn't understand my query (which is possible I guess, but it was pretty straight forward)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

POBox19 wrote: »
    The error Amazon are making is removing the vat from the promotional discount of £70.00 and not re-applying it when they convert to euro. As as result our promotional discount is only €68 instead of €83.64. Our price should be somewhere close to €60.00 not €77.01.
    The incorrect price is applied based on the shipping address no matter the currency.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

So anything to expect/look out for on prime day ?

The import duties on big ticket electrical items are killing a lot of deals now, will look out for reductions that help make up for the import duty.

Some items we know have import duties but they remove the amount so that afterwards its in or around the same price as the same item being shipped to a UK address.

I know for items under the VAT threshold there will still be deals just can't see it being as good for us as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

TV Areial
    After £2 voucher I paid €4.50 at check-out for this TV Aerial

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amplified-F..._id=1338185031

Does this mean I would have Saor View essentially?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

TV Areial

linky no workey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

TV Areial

All other things being equal, i,e. If you have a Saorview digital box or a Saorview ready tv and are within reception range then I would think so.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Advertisement