Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,874 ✭✭✭✭Basq

gazzer wrote: »
    Was going to buy this but shipping is 26 euro
    Comes in at £5.62 for me with free shipping..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hy Gieni

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amplified-Freeview-Channels-Reception-Transmission-Black/dp/B08VWRMJCL/ref=sr_1_26?_encoding=UTF8&c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=TV+Antennas&qid=1623430482&refinements=p_76%3A419159031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&s=home-theater&sr=1-26&ts_id=1338185031

Don't know why the link broke so this is the one.

It picks up all the Irish channels - TV and Radio. Most modern TV's can pick up the Saorview signal. Older ones need a Saorview box as well as the aerial.
    Just a matter of plugging in the cable to the TV and then moving the aerial around to get the best signal. Works well for me without need for the included signal booster.
    When I first came across it there was an added £2 voucher offer making it a very good offer. As with many other offers the voucher has disappeared.
    And, for the best deals (at least until July 1st) it pays to join Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

are there any other sites that work the same as amazon and charge no vat for under €22 for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

well the other European Amazon sites .de, .fr, .it

use www.hagglezon.com to find what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

What is due to change in July about buying from Amazon? Will we just have to start paying duty on <€22 orders or will big ticket item’s pricing change also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭POBox19

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    What is due to change in July about buying from Amazon? Will we just have to start paying duty on <€22 orders or will big ticket item’s pricing change also?

Essentially yes if the goods are coming from outside the EU, e.g. the UK. Depending on the product both excise duty and vat will be due. Remember that vat is charged on the total cost including all delivery costs and duty. As far as I know this is a change for all imports into the EU not just Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Skerries wrote: »
    well the other European Amazon sites .de, .fr, .it

use www.hagglezon.com to find what you want

No, they don't give the vat reductions cause they're already in the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

Is the Samsung Galaxy live deal gone for us? The pair that are sold and dispatched by Amazon don't seem to ship to Ireland anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Just got and checked the tv aerial as posted - This works brilliantly compared to my existing indoor aerial which was susceptible to walking past interference and positioning. I thought it was a mickey mouse thing when I took it from the box as it is thin but it picks up the Saorview signal with ease.

My previous aerial was expensive and sometimes it was easier for me to watch RTE on IPTV if I accidentally moved the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I contacted Amazon earlier about the sanitizer and the guy got in touch with the fulfillment center and promised it would be shipped within 48 hours.

Unsurprisingly, this did not happen. I'll get an email from the fulfillment center apparently within 3 days with some kind of update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just got and checked the tv aerial as posted - This works brilliantly compared to my existing indoor aerial which was susceptible to walking past interference and positioning. I thought it was a mickey mouse thing when I took it from the box as it is thin but it picks up the Saorview signal with ease.

My previous aerial was expensive and sometimes it was easier for me to watch RTE on IPTV if I accidentally moved the position.

What part of the country are you in, as this would depend on location for some services. Do you have all channels available.

Quality of picture and sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭larchielads

Not a bargain alert but just lookin for info. Just noticed that im bein charged 7.99 euro for prime on amazon.de but i never subscribed for prime on amazin.de only amazon.co.uk.
    I have used the .de site on the app. Do they automatically sign you up for prime on the .de site if u use it?
    If i cancel my .de sub will i still have prime on uk amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Not a bargain alert but just lookin for info. Just noticed that im bein charged 7.99 euro for prime on amazon.de but i never subscribed for prime on amazin.de only amazon.co.uk. I have used the .de site on the app. Do they automatically sign you up for prime on the .de site if u use it? If i cancel my .de sub will i still have prime on uk amazon?

They can't automatically sign you up for anything you haven't asked for.

If you are sure you have UK & DE sub then canceling the DE one can't effect the UK one. Each Amazon are separate. Amazon UK cannot access your data on DE, com etc.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They can't automatically sign you up for anything you haven't asked for.

If you are sure you have UK & DE sub then canceling the DE one can't effect the UK one. Each Amazon are separate. Amazon UK cannot access your data on DE, com etc.
    Thing is i dont remeber signin up for .de but yeah will cancel it now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Thing is i dont remeber signin up for .de but yeah will cancel it now. Thanks

Are you sure you didn't click on 30 day trial? Those banners are pretty aggressive...

grogi wrote: »
    Are you sure you didn't click on 30 day trial? Those banners are pretty aggressive...

I prob did but dont remember but anyway i cancelled the sub

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Sup08 wrote: »
    What part of the country are you in, as this would depend on location for some services. Do you have all channels available.

Quality of picture and sound?

Getting a signal from Three Rock 17km as the crow flies. It appears that RTE1 is on a different MUX than the other stations so I had to place my original aerial at a very precise angle to get all of them. This one is very forgiving.

At the given price, it's worth a punt if you have a tv that has a Saorview connection without an aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Getting a signal from Three Rock 17km as the crow flies. It appears that RTE1 is on a different MUX than the other stations so I had to place my original aerial at a very precise angle to get all of them. This one is very forgiving.

At the given price, it's worth a punt if you have a tv that has a Saorview connection without an aerial.

But it looks like a tent? Are the pictures deceptive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Prime Day probably completely pointless this year for Irish customers?

DeadParrot wrote: »

Why? Big warehouse discounts and it happens before July 1st.

Even if it didn't happen before July 1st, it still wouldn't be pointless.

• Advertisement

Why?

Prices haven't changed since Brexit. Still free prime delivery. Stronger sterling is the difficult bit

• Registered Users Posts: 43,874 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Why? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Any idea how to get the Fire Cube TV delivered? Refurbs currently on sale on amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭robbe

OnLooker wrote: »
    Any idea how to get the Fire Cube TV delivered? Refurbs currently on sale on amazon.co.uk

AFAIK Addresspal is still working away (I had something delivered a few months ago from Amazon.co.uk using them). Bit dearer than Parcelmotel used to be though....(was €6.50).

OnLooker wrote: »

The 4K firestick & the Firecube have never been supported here in Ireland & Amazon never delivered them. There was a glitch where you added it to basket & ignored the warning & you were able to get through checkout. & got a firecube delivered 2 or 3 months ago. Brand new ones were reduced to around 50. They seem to have patched the glitch now though.

There are companies in the north that will forward parcels for 25.

robbe wrote: »
    AFAIK Addresspal is still working away (I had something delivered a few months ago from Amazon.co.uk using them). Bit dearer than Parcelmotel used to be though....(was €6.50).

Addresspal will add Irish VAT even though you paid UK vat. So add another 21 percent on top of the price. Still worth it if item is cheap enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Better drop this in here too.

I know it's not a bargain, but I think people should know.

Got notification from Amazon this morning.

Prime-exclusive offer: Generate DOUBLE donations when you shop Prime Day deals with AmazonSmile. No extra cost to you - guaranteed.

So I'd ask everyone to go to http://smile.amazon.co.uk and register for their charity of choice.

Always use "smile" instead of "www" when you buy from Amazon, and your charity will get a donation from Amazon.

I'm with Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, and they've received nearly £60k as of May 2021, and all UK charities have received over £9.1m.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

That first aid kit came today wow was expecting something much smaller

sioda wrote: »
    That first aid kit came today wow was expecting something much smaller

One of the best deals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Soarer wrote: »
    So I'd ask everyone to go to http://smile.amazon.co.uk and register for their charity of choice.

Always use "smile" instead of "www" when you buy from Amazon, and your charity will get a donation from Amazon
    Do you know if you can set this up on the app?
    Tried there but can't see it

Advertisement