Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Do you know if you can set this up on the app? Tried there but can't see it

Under settings, between 'permissions' and '1-click settings'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Under settings, between 'permissions' and '1-click settings'
    Oops, that was painfully obvious, not sure how I missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Soarer wrote: »
    I'm with Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, and they've received nearly £60k as of May 2021, and all UK charities have received over £9.1m.

I changed my link on my bookmarks bar to smile.amazon.co.uk ages ago.

Same charity too. I know they don't get much from my purchases but it all adds up.

I highly recommend also installing this Chrome extension so that any links you click on in this thread automatically redirect to their Amazon Smile equivalent.

Is anyone else getting a lot of 'delivery date pending' recently? After numerous chats with CS it seems to be a 'nearest fulfillment center' issue but it's annoying not knowing when something is coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Is anyone else getting a lot of 'delivery date pending' recently? After numerous chats with CS it seems to be a 'nearest fulfillment center' issue but it's annoying not knowing when something is coming.

I had one order recently that took exactly 2 weeks to get dispatched. Until it did it was saying 'Not yet dispatched'. Now I have another from 7th of May still in 'Not yet dispatched' state.

Nobody will tell you when such order will be shipped/arrive and you won't know until it simply gets dispatched. CS don't know and can only 'escalate in fulfilment centre'...

grogi wrote: »
    I had one order recently that took exactly 2 weeks to get dispatched. Until it did it was saying 'Not yet dispatched'. Now I have another from 7th of May still in 'Not yet dispatched' state.

Nobody will tell you when such order will be shipped/arrive and you won't know until it simply gets dispatched. CS don't know and can only 'escalate in fulfilment centre'...

It's never annoyed me too much until today when something arrived broken and the replacement had that status. It's only partially broken but I need the rest of it, so I have to keep the broken item.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Anyone that got the ring doorbell deal. Looks like I need the transformer to convert to 24V but the ring site show unavailable and Amazon showing dispatched 6-8 weeks. FFS

Just got a £0.03 refund...gonna go mad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Anyone that got the ring doorbell deal. Looks like I need the transformer to convert to 24V but the ring site show unavailable and Amazon showing dispatched 6-8 weeks. FFS

Any of the Ring Doorbells I have looked at on Amazon UK will be delivered to me by this Friday or next Monday.

I ordered the new Ring Wired yesterday and I will have it tomorrow. I already have an 8V power supply for my existing doorbell so I'm hoping the installation will be relatively straightforward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Any of the Ring Doorbells I have looked at on Amazon UK will be delivered to me by this Friday or next Monday.

I ordered the new Ring Wired yesterday and I will have it tomorrow. I already have an 8V power supply for my existing doorbell so I'm hoping the installation will be relatively straightforward.

According to the specs

• Hardwired. You can hardwired your doorbell if you have a compatible doorbell system (8-24 VAC, 10-40VA, 50/60Hz ), or you can use Ring DIN Rail Transformer 2nd Gen (24VDC, 0.42A , 10.0W) sold separately. Doorbell chime must be bypassed. For more support in wiring and compatibility see ring.com/hardwired

I then looked into the £20 ring transformer to replace my current one and not available. I'll be sending mine back.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭noplacehere

I got a micro fibre robe like that this year for the first time for the beach. It’s incredible and I’m using it after every shower too
    It isn’t this one but generally I recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Basq wrote: »
    Why? :confused:

Just the difficulty in getting amazon devices delivered

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I admire the money they give to charity but it's just to deflect from all that tax they don't pay.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 46,029 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I admire the money they give to charity but it's just to deflect from all that tax they don't pay.
    Nothing to do with Prime bargains though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

muffler wrote: »
    Nothing to do with Prime bargains though :rolleyes:

Was mentioned in the no chat thread!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

They also treat their staff terribly.

Amazon has a massive turnover rate of 150 per cent a year, equivalent to replacing their entire workforce every eight months.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/amazon-warehouse-pandemic-employee-turnover-b1866565.html

inforfun wrote: »
    Got this delivered today. Works like a charm even without the amplifier.
    Thanks. I got that one too and it doesn't work at all. Knowing it does for someone else suggests it's just where I live, not the aerial at fault. Good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭larchielads

I got a micro fibre robe like that this year for the first time for the beach. It’s incredible and I’m using it after every shower too
    It isn’t this one but generally I recommend them

Link?

• Advertisement

Was mentioned in the no chat thread!!
    Can you link to a post where it mentions anything about "all that tax they don't pay"

Link?
    I think this is it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Thanks. I got that one too and it doesn't work at all. Knowing it does for someone else suggests it's just where I live, not the aerial at fault. Good to know

Didn't expect much, to be honest. Phone reception is already bad where I live.. But plugged it in, ****ed that piece of plastic against the window and was pleasantly surprised.

Maybe your tv isn't saorview ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭A Law

Mine works on my TV upstairs on one side of the house, but doesn't work on the one downstairs on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭noplacehere

muffler wrote: »
    I think this is it

Yeah that’s the one in the bargain thread. I didn’t buy that exact one but I never expected to love mine as much as I do so it was more a comment on their general usefulness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Massage gun from a few pages arrived. And it is great.

Has one of those leave a review and we'll give you 30 quid back cards in it. Not sure how often you get that. But with the discount if I do get it the gun was basically free.

inforfun wrote: »
    Didn't expect much, to be honest. Phone reception is already bad where I live.. But plugged it in, ****ed that piece of plastic against the window and was pleasantly surprised.

Maybe your tv isn't saorview ready?
    A Law wrote: »
    Mine works on my TV upstairs on one side of the house, but doesn't work on the one downstairs on the other side.
    Cheers guys. Think it is the location. Saorview website says the front of the house faces the nearest transmitter but the TV is at the back of the house. Only renting temporarily though, so was happy to gamble on this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Post on HotUKDeals saying that the Amazon Firestick 4K will be £26.99 on Monday. Fantastic price for a great bit of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Just got and checked the tv aerial as posted - This works brilliantly compared to my existing indoor aerial which was susceptible to walking past interference and positioning. I thought it was a mickey mouse thing when I took it from the box as it is thin but it picks up the Saorview signal with ease.

My previous aerial was expensive and sometimes it was easier for me to watch RTE on IPTV if I accidentally moved the position.

Would you have the link for that?

• Advertisement

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Post on HotUKDeals saying that the Amazon Firestick 4K will be £26.99 on Monday. Fantastic price for a great bit of kit.

Don't think they ship them to Ireland

Advertisement