Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Badly fukt wrote: »
    Don't think they ship them to Ireland

They do now. There was a time they didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They no longer ship to Ireland so you'll have to go with addrespal for delivery.

They've fixed the glitch with us being able to order directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My mistake so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

RossieMan wrote: »
    They no longer ship to Ireland so you'll have to go with addrespal for delivery.

They've fixed the glitch with us being able to order directly.

I can order any of the Fire devices to ship direct to Ireland, so either they haven't fixed the glitch or there wasn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Massage gun from a few pages arrived. And it is great.

Has one of those leave a review and we'll give you 30 quid back cards in it. Not sure how often you get that. But with the discount if I do get it the gun was basically free.

any link for that? been thinking about getting one for quite a while

• Advertisement

jim o doom wrote: »
    any link for that? been thinking about getting one for quite a while

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2058154018&query=massage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

thanks for that! Searched within this thread which was clearly the wrong place to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just tried to order one there to see and it won't ship here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Massage gun from a few pages arrived. And it is great.

Has one of those leave a review and we'll give you 30 quid back cards in it. Not sure how often you get that. But with the discount if I do get it the gun was basically free.

Mine arrived a couple of days ago Just double checked the packaging but no sign of a discount card. Would be interested to hear if you get your 30 quid back?

Massage gun is good but you can see its way off a top of the range model the way it has an old fashioned slider on off switch on the base and the clunkiness of the touch control buttons. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 touches/pushes to start yet will go off at the slightest touch (yes I did remove the film covering the controls).

That said a good massager for the money seems very powerful. Think it goes up to 30 on the speed control and 15 is more than enough punishment. Case is also cheaply made but very handy.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I can order any of the Fire devices to ship direct to Ireland, so either they haven't fixed the glitch or there wasn't one.

As far as I can tell, the only Fire device that will ship to Ireland is the basic one, all others have the warning of "This product only ships to the United Kingdom. Most content and services will not work if your country of residence is not the UK".

I've often been tempted to get the 4k version when the price came down, but I understood that Amazon restricts a lot of the functionality of the 4k version here for some reason. Not sure what their reasoning is for this. It looks like a really good piece of kit otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Marhay70 wrote:

Try and get to the payment page. Doesn't work anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

In relation to the fire stick does address pal still work? I thought they went the way of parcel motel post brexit?

Anyway I’m sure it costs a bit even if it does work. What I have noticed in the last is if the sticks are on special on Amazon’s website they are also on special here in Argos so check Argus on Monday for click and collect. Might be cheaper than address pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have a 4K Firestick that I bought from Currys a few months back:

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/amazon-fire-tv-stick-4k-with-alexa-voice-remote-10188019-pdt.html

€60 but if anyone is really looking for one....

Personally I've replaced it with an Nvidia Shield though. I must stick it up on Adverts or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Just got and checked the tv aerial as posted - This works brilliantly compared to my existing indoor aerial which was susceptible to walking past interference and positioning. I thought it was a mickey mouse thing when I took it from the box as it is thin but it picks up the Saorview signal with ease.

My previous aerial was expensive and sometimes it was easier for me to watch RTE on IPTV if I accidentally moved the position.

Would you have the link for that?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Can I just ask do they just plug into normal light bulb holders or do I need any different fitting or that? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

pc7 wrote: »
    Can I just ask do they just plug into normal light bulb holders or do I need any different fitting or that? thanks

that is a regular bayonet fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

pc7 wrote: »

They are designed for traditional fitment - either E27 (that's the bigger screw-on) or B22 (Bayonet).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

grogi wrote: »
    They are designed for traditional fitment - either E27 (that's the bigger screw-on) or B22 (Bayonet).

Great thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Mine arrived a couple of days ago Just double checked the packaging but no sign of a discount card. Would be interested to hear if you get your 30 quid back?

Massage gun is good but you can see its way off a top of the range model the way it has an old fashioned slider on off switch on the base and the clunkiness of the touch control buttons. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 touches/pushes to start yet will go off at the slightest touch (yes I did remove the film covering the controls).

That said a good massager for the money seems very powerful. Think it goes up to 30 on the speed control and 15 is more than enough punishment. Case is also cheaply made but very handy.

I also bought it and have been very happy with it so far, considering the price.
    I also got the £30 pound back card and would be happy to leave a good review but I get this message when I try to start one "Amazon has noticed unusual reviewing activity on this product. Due to this activity, we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews." so guessing Amazon has flagged the product for dodgy reviews but not sure how my purchase doesn't qualify as a verified one!

Anyway probably good to see Amazon doing something about incentivised reviews, if that is the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Expensive but still a great deal if its something you are in the market for

Bosch Professional 0601B42070 GTS 635-216 Table Saw £247.76 after promotion at checkout.

Bad news Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months.

Hopefully this tags The Continental Op in this post from another thread...
    It's coming up at £314.76 for me after import feed deposit. Where does the promotion get added, or is there a code?
    Maybe it's only for certain customers :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 470 ✭✭TetraSonic55

samhail wrote: »
    It's coming up at £314.76 for me after import feed deposit. Where does the promotion get added, or is there a code?

There was voucher on the product page you had to tick to get the discount. It seems to be gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Expensive but still a great deal if its something you are in the market for

Bosch Professional 0601B42070 GTS 635-216 Table Saw £247.76 after promotion at checkout.

Bad news Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months.

Not seeing any Promotion

Order Summary
    Items: GBP 249.17
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 65.59
    Order Total: GBP 314.76
    Amazon Currency Converter

Disabled - Pay in GBP
    EUR 375.22

GBP 314.76

TimHorton wrote: »
    Not seeing any Promotion

Order Summary
    Items: GBP 249.17
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 65.59
    Order Total: GBP 314.76
    Amazon Currency Converter

Disabled - Pay in GBP
    EUR 375.22

GBP 314.76
    samhail wrote: »

Sorry that didn't last long. There was a £67 pound promotion. It was a tick box under the price but its gone now.

I still had that page open with the promotion still showing and when I followed through (2nd time) the promotion wasn't added(removed) at the checkout. Also tried using another browser and incognito mode just to be sure but no luck.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Try and get to the payment page. Doesn't work anymore.

Yep, I see that now. That's a pity, although I got the cube back in March so I suppose I should consider myself lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

stdidit wrote: »
    not sure how my purchase doesn't qualify as a verified one!

Did you post the review at least 72 hours after receiving the item? When I've left a product review too early the verified sign doesn't appear despite being purchased through Amazon. Over 72 hours after delivery I've had no issues.

Just an observation but why do Amazon insist on using the sleeve type packaging?
    I've just received the fifth delivery so far this year with the sleeve crushed and open and half the contents missing. I've complained on several occasions and have sent all the previous shipments back, so what with delivery and return charges, it has to be cheaper to use boxes.

We've been quite lucky with those sleeve packages only lost one thing but plenty open and looking like something has fallen out. Seem to be getting a lot of thick card envelopes recently which are good for small items.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

muffinhead wrote: »
    Did you post the review at least 72 hours after receiving the item? When I've left a product review too early the verified sign doesn't appear despite being purchased through Amazon. Over 72 hours after delivery I've had no issues.

It won't let me even write the review but yes, it has been more than 72hrs since I received it.
    I received another item just 10 mins ago and can write a review now if I want so makes me think it's product related.

stdidit wrote: »
    It won't let me even write the review but yes, it has been more than 72hrs since I received it.
    I received another item just 10 mins ago and can write a review now if I want so makes me think it's product related.

I'm getting the same. It will let me write a review for the seller but not the product.

Normally you can write a Verified Purchase review the second you have ordered an item. Just checked now and I can write reviews for several items I've ordered but haven't arrived yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Hy Gieni

The Bargain Alert for Clothes Storage Bags with Zips is also not allowing reviews;

Amazon has noticed unusual reviewing activity on this product. Due to this activity, we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews.

Maybe it's too many Boards.ie members buying and reviewing at the same time!

So Suspicious

Advertisement