Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Andrea B. wrote: »
    "Expensive but still a great deal if its something you are in the market for

Bosch Professional 0601B42070 GTS 635-216 Table Saw £247.76 after promotion at checkout.

Bad news Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months."

Caught between one of these and a plunge skillsaw with tracks for a while now.
    Had a loan of a Festool one and it delivered great precision with less bulk than a table saw.

Shame think that deal only lasted a couple of hours. Its still a very good price at £299. The only bad thing I'd say about it is it doesn't have the rack and pinion fence adjustment thats on the DeWalt.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Imblue wrote: »
    Yes, I got the ring doorbell working with the existing wired doorbell chime. I didn't think it was possible at first either.
    Took a bit of time to see it in the settings as its not 100% obvious. Go to the ring app, select the divuce, settings, in home chime settings, advanced, mechanical.
    Works for me ring 2 and I set it up like that for my sister who had a ring wired too.
    It's just as easy as removing old button and installing ring.
    Then go through the settings. If it rings oddly try changing from ditigal to mechanical or vice versea.

The sneaky feckers trying to get more Chime purchases 😁

I've installed my Ring doorbell but put the supplied bypass on my existing chime, will I remove that again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

What's the best approach for something sub 22 but delivery is July? Should i order 2 to ensure VAT is added or will Amazon add vat on if it goes past July? It currently takes VAT off

TheDriver wrote: »
    What's the best approach for something sub 22 but delivery is July? Should i order 2 to ensure VAT is added or will Amazon add vat on if it goes past July? It currently takes VAT off

I'll be ordering sub £22 stuff up to the last minute. My guess is that it will get through without any issues. But thats just my guess and I'm not always right.

But making the order over £22 is one way to be safe.

I'll be ordering sub £22 stuff up to the last minute. My guess is that it will get through without any issues. But thats just my guess and I'm not always right.

But making the order over £22 is one way to be safe.

Amazon CS would prob apologise and give a voucher if there's any issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Imblue wrote: »
    Yes, I got the ring doorbell working with the existing wired doorbell chime. I didn't think it was possible at first either.
    Took a bit of time to see it in the settings as its not 100% obvious. Go to the ring app, select the divuce, settings, in home chime settings, advanced, mechanical.
    Works for me ring 2 and I set it up like that for my sister who had a ring wired too.
    It's just as easy as removing old button and installing ring.
    Then go through the settings. If it rings oddly try changing from ditigal to mechanical or vice versea.

Did you install a jumper cable in the existing mechanical chime?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Surely a standard bell push is just like a switch and works by making an electrical circuit. What's different about the way this one does that?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Imblue

Did you install a jumper cable in the existing mechanical chime?

No it just wired up to the existing wires nothing changed. Worked perfectly. I'm sure there may be other wiring layouts in some systems but for me it was a straight swap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The Ring Doorbell with the backup battery etc works fine with an existing chimes. I have that one.

The £35 "Wired only" one - does this work with an existing Chimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Imblue

The Ring Doorbell with the backup battery etc works fine with an existing chimes. I have that one.

The £35 "Wired only" one - does this work with an existing Chimes?

My sister has one like that and it works fine with the existing chime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Set up my TV aerial from a few pages back. It works brilliantly. Great value for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,063 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

How do you get the warehouse discount? Does it happen automatically when added to basket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

My Christmas tree shipped. Was half expecting to see it canceled at that price, even as a warehouse product, it was only a tenth of the price and 'like new'!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

inforfun wrote: »
    Got this delivered today. Works like a charm even without the amplifier.

What part of Ireland are you and what channels ? Just saorview?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Cheers

Just saorview. I'm on the west coast. With the amplifier I get 94% signal strength. Under 50 without it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

tellmeabit wrote: »
    Cheers

Dublin.
    Just soarview., The Irish channels (12).

Signal strength 93%, Quality 100% on RTE2
    Without amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Dublin.

Without amp.

Is it very big?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Is it very big?

Not at all. About 20x13 centimeter.

Dublin.

Without amp.

Same here. Without amp. Amazing piece of kit.

Paid my TV License t'other day and this took some out of the sting out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Is it very big?

inforfun wrote:
    Not at all. About 20x13 centimeter.

Surely this is more suited to after hours! :)

• Advertisement

I couldn't get it to work at all. My telly is listed as ready for saorview, but it picked up nothing.

Now, tbf I've never had saorview in the house, we just use the telly for the Roku.

Tusky wrote: »
    How do you get the warehouse discount? Does it happen automatically when added to basket?

Yes. Assume it goes live at midnight. Just be prepared that it may not include the products you are looking at

I couldn't get it to work at all. My telly is listed as ready for saorview, but it picked up nothing.

Now, tbf I've never had saorview in the house, we just use the telly for the Roku.

Indoor antenna only work in very high signal areas, an outdoor antenna is recommended. This will give you some idea of what direction and distance your signal will be coming from and on which specific UHF channels so you can manual tune
    https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

Indoor antenna only work in very high signal areas, an outdoor antenna is recommended. This will give you some idea of what direction and distance your signal will be coming from and on which specific UHF channels so you can manual tune
    https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

Thanks for that,

I got this:
    Transmitter
    2RN Transmitter:Castlebar
    Channels:22, 25
    Polarization:H
    Direction (degrees):North West (335)
    Distance:39 km

I have no idea what it means :D

Thanks for that,

I got this:
    Transmitter
    2RN Transmitter:Castlebar
    Channels:22, 25
    Polarization:H
    Direction (degrees):North West (335)
    Distance:39 km

I have no idea what it means :D

At 39km little chance of it working unless you have it in the window looking directly at the mast with no hills, trees or other obstructions.
    From your house you need to look North West (335 degrees) and scan channels 22 and 25 on your TV (digital channel scanning, manual scan)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Trying to buy echo dot 4 listed at 34.99 GBP.

Does this seem right?

Item 49.99
    Import fee deposit 11.50
    Total 61.49
    Discount 15
    Total 46.49 GBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

I just bought something of amazon in the Package was an envelope saying please check the warranty card inside inside was a small pamplet saying contact us now with an email address saying get a £30 Amazon Gift Card thank you for choosing us 100% Giveaway email us and 100% have it

Is this a Joke

faolteam wrote: »
    I just bought something of amazon in the Package was an envelope saying please check the warranty card inside inside was a small pamplet saying contact us now with an email address saying get a £30 Amazon Gift Card thank you for choosing us 100% Giveaway email us and 100% have it

Is this a Joke

Sounds like they are buying good reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

thought that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

keano25 wrote: »
    Trying to buy echo dot 4 listed at 34.99 GBP.

Does this seem right?

Item 49.99
    Import fee deposit 11.50
    Total 61.49
    Discount 15
    Total 46.49 GBP.
    Wait until midnight :)

Edit/ just after seeing Amazon devices are already reduced for prime members

Advertisement