Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

chasm wrote:
    I fully understand what those import fees on my orders are.

So you know that prices are more or less the same as pre Brexit to the Irish customer. This is point I was trying to make. Some posters mistakenly believe that Amazon is more expensive for Irish customers when it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Much difference between Echo dot 3rd gen and 4th gen?

I have both and there is a small but noticeable improvement in sound with the 4th gen plus the one with the clock is handy and you can see the timer counting down. I'm going to get another in the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Assume the fire sticks will drop in price during prime day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Anyone got any suggestions for some bit of tat I don't need to avail of the small business prime day £10 credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

SCOOP 64 wrote:
    why is this coming to €24 at check out?

It comes to 14.78 for me (gbp)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It comes to 14.78 for me (gbp)

Same here. But it is also available at a non deal price, and that would up the total.

Order Summary
    Items: EUR 24,23
    Postage & Packing: EUR 0,00
    Import Fees Deposit: EUR 5,57
    Total: EUR 29,80
    Promotion Applied: -EUR 12,60
    Exchange rate guarantee fee: EUR 0,36
    Order Total: EUR17.56,
    from €11.63 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Echo dot 4 can be got from Italy for 35€ but I presume that would come with EU plug?

just been told by customer service try again tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭extrapolate

I got the same reply from customer service this evening. Order wouldn't go through, they said with Covid my postcode wasn't accepting deliveries so I would need to change the address or try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Not sure if it was mentioned before, but it’s the value of the goods that is taken into consideration, especially with Lighting deals, and not the discount price. I’ve noticed this a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

just been told by customer service try again tomorrow.

It's been like that for nearly 6 months with some items fulfilled by Amazon so I don't hold out much hope of them sorting it out overnight.

Wake me up when it's all over.

I just tried out the free trial on amazon.de, but all the Amazon devices on sale already only ship to Austria or Germany.

On the back of people taking about vat Vs delivery charges, might be worth a while to see what would be cheaper when the sale starts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

click and collect. thats all I'm sayin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

i suppose for the firestick if you knew someone in northern ireland you could get this shipped there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Firestick. Address pal.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

A bit confusing for any of the promo prices, but Amazon are listing the before tax discount price, vs the regular inc vat price, so it looks like the Prime discount is a whole load more than it is. I could not work it out initially, as I had the £10 promo credit, but since I spent that the prices still differ.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Okay, I have to stop, too many R notifications on my phone, I'm sure someone in Revolut will think the card is stolen. Oddest purchase so far is a 7.5 ft Christmas tree for £9.52. It could be rubbish as a warehouse purchase, but thanks to whomever put the Christmas tree idea into my head a little while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Sorry but how come people are buying stuff when the import fees desposit is being charged. It completely knocks out any saving. Im trying to buy something for 10GBP promo price and its making me pay 23GBP with import fees. Makes no sense whatsoever!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭wandererz

Hogzy wrote: »
    Sorry but how come people are buying stuff when the import fees desposit is being charged. It completely knocks out any saving. Im trying to buy something for 10GBP promo price and its making me pay 23GBP with import fees. Makes no sense whatsoever!!!

Can you get it cheaper elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Hogzy wrote: »

It removes the UK Vat rate at checkout. Duty deposit is Irish VAT. You are only paying one VAT or duty. It's not much difference since before Brexit

wandererz wrote: »
    Can you get it cheaper elsewhere?

A lot of my stuff has no import fees, so not sure what issue others are having, aside from the already mentioned issue of promo prices being listed without vat.

Amazon is all over the gaff today...

Fire HD 8 Tablet, 8" HD display, 32 GB, Black - with Ads, designed for portable entertainment
    £29.99 (It says 39.99 on the product page - must be the 10 discount from the small business deal)

Order Summary
    Items: EUR 87,26
    Postage & Packing: EUR 0,00
    Import Fees Deposit: EUR 20,07
    Total: EUR 107,33
    Promotion Applied: -EUR 52,36
    Exchange rate guarantee fee: EUR 1,17
    Order Total: EUR 56,14

Dear Jeff,

We want real deals yeh space hopping baldy boll*x!

Regards,

Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭touts

Dear Jeff,

We want real deals yeh space hopping baldy boll*x!

Regards,

Ireland

Compared to the 2020 Prime Day I have to say there seems to be very few actual deals. Every second "deal" seems to be for an Echo or a Kindle or a Ring. It feels like Amazon are holding a firesale of their own brands to pay for Jeff's trip into space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned already: Amazon is lying to Irish customers about Prime Day items not being in stock if you have an Irish address. Change to your old PM address or another UK address and the item is magically available again.

See here and here. Goes from "currently unavailable" to available on change of address.

Absolutely infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Fire cube won't ship Ireland.

What would happen if bought from EU site later , is it just the plug would be issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

I am starting to think this Prime deals are just false advertising by Amazon

I bough Umi chair just a week a go on Lightning deal that was 166.66
    Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal: £166.66
    Postage & Packing: £0.00
    Total Before VAT: £166.66
    VAT: £0.00
    Total: £166.66
    Promotion Applied: -£25.00
    Import Fees Deposit £38.33
    Grand Total: £179.99

The same chair now showing 135.90 on Prime day but the end cost is:
    Order Summary
    Items: GBP 166.66
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 38.33
    Total: GBP 204.99
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 30.76
    Order Total: GBP 174.23

Seriously Amazon WTF?
    The only deals are the ones that do not exceed GBP 22
    I am not renewing my prime as after July 1 there will be no deals at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

john_doe. wrote: »
    Fire cube won't ship Ireland.

What would happen if bought from EU site later , is it just the plug would be issue ?

Right they don't ship here either. Seems no way to buy this thing. **** Brexit ..

Advertisement